My MIL says "supposubly". I desperately want to correct her---but I also want her to like me!
  • Anonymous
    Lol, my husband says "umberella", even before the song came out. I always tease him about it.

Funny things people say and GO!
  • Anonymous
    my husband says "open the light" and "close the light" instead of on and off and he also says "make it out of" instead of "make it into" DRIVES ME NUTS...but Im happy to say that after 15 years he has gotten better and only says it once, or twice, a day! lol
  • Anonymous
    Smolk that what my husband say instead of smoke. Ugh.
  • Anonymous
    My mother says "warsh" it drives. me. BATTY!
  • Anonymous
    My husband says "sorta speak" instead of "so to speak". I've never corrected him lol
  • Anonymous
    My dad says : "I'd just assume" instead of "I'd just as soon"
  • Anonymous
    I used to have an employee would say "kindly" instead of Kinda or Kind of. Always weirded me out since she was about my moms age!
  • Anonymous
    Around here, lots of people say WalmartS instead of walmart and they say they "heerd" you instead of heard you. Oh, and they seen it, not saw it. LMBO
  • Anonymous
    My married name is Wolfe. People pronounce it "Woof" or even worse, "Woofee". Um, the e is silent, thanks!
  • Anonymous
    My Ex-husband pronounced Chuck Mangione's name like "Mahoney". He refused to listen to me - drove me craaaazy!
  • Anonymous
    I hate the use of "seen" instead of "saw".
  • Anonymous
    My mother says "attitoot" as in you have a bad "attitoot" today. My husband thought the words to one line of the children's song This Little Light of Mine were "hide it under a bushel note". He also gets things to eat from the "fridgilator".
  • Anonymous
    My MIL wants to go to Huh-why-ya (also popularly known a Hawaii.). She has already been to Eye-Oh-Uh (Iowa). She may even someday get to see Eye-Der-Ho (Idaho)!
  • Anonymous
    My sister in law say's "dumberer" Everytime she does it I think, Well yes she is!!
  • Anonymous
    I know lots of people that say "alltimers" instead of Alzheimer's. And Grand -MIL says "her" instead of "she" "is her asleep? What is her doing?" It drives me freaking insane. But not quite as bad as when she calls my DD "it." "Aww, it just wants to go outside and play!" Grrrrr!!
  • Anonymous
    There is not a single one of these that I don't hear weekly from someone LMAO

**Irregardless**

"Hope" instead of 'help'
    Climbed with a short 'i' sound
    'of an evening'
    'frashlight' instead of 'flashlight'
    'cut' instead of 'turn' or 'switch' ... cut off the light, cut off the TV.... I'm sorry, where's the knife?
    DH calls grill cheese sandwiches 'cheese toast' which drives me nuts, because any sane person knows those are two different things.
    He also refers to bath towels as hand towels....also two different things.

There are more, but I can't think of them right now.
  • Anonymous
    I dislike the word "finna" as in, "I'm finna go to the store." UGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Or when someone says woke instead of awake, as in "You was woke?" instead of "you were awake?" Oh, and also the use of 'was' instead of 'were.'
  • Anonymous
    On Maury(yup, I like my trash fix once in awhile) when hte girls who are trying to prove who the father is and they say skinned-ed......he my baby daddy, my baby is black skinned-ed just like his mama.....light skinned, dark skinned....there is no need for the extra ed!!....lmao....just makes them look stupid....IMO....
  • Anonymous
    Filum instead of film and knowen instead of known- drives me crazy!
  • Anonymous
    My DH says itch instead of scratch, 'itch my back.'
    I also can't stand the seen vs saw, were vs was. My coworker always screws that up, she also says 'it don't work,' no no it DOESN'T work, and 'my car is broke!' to which I really want to say 'OMG! Your car has no money?! Sad!'
  • Anonymous
    Oh and my dad says 'oranch' instead of orange. How does that even happen?!
  • Anonymous
    Dh grows "cantaropes" instead of cantaloupes. My mother eats "breffis" instead of breakfast, goes to the "liberry" instead of the library, and has "cuzints" rather than cousins. My uncles wife has childern instead of children. Where the hell does that t come from?! Seen vs saw, were vs was, & WalmartS are irritating the crap out of me here, too! MIL mispronounces DD's name, which is a simple & fairly common name. Idk if she does it in purpose or because she just can't say it correctly. She's had 16 years to work on it and still…
  • Anonymous
    I'm 8:24. The comment about the mystery T was referring to Mom's cuzints.
    Also, like 6:45, I get my "trash fix" every once in awhile and it drives me insane when the people on the show call him "Murray" ugh!
  • Anonymous
    My BFF's mom says "Indiana-apolis" and also adds the s to Walmart. Unless there are two of them and you're going to both, you are not going to the WalmartS. She doesn't do it with target or any other store, just Walmart.
    She also says "the sugar" for diabetes. "He has the sugar. I can't eat that because of the sugar." Makes me nuts!
  • Anonymous
    My SD says allergy for algae
  • Anonymous
    My grandmother used to say "she don't know sickum", meaning she didn't know anything, I guess.
  • Anonymous
    Re: close the light/TV. That's a French sentence construction. I know, because just about every English speaker here in Montreal says it. Drives me insane. Even my daughter says it, and she's only just learning French. AARGH!
  • Anonymous
    My family says 'cut it off' and 'cut it on' too. Of course, we live in MS, so that's really minor compared to some of the butchery that is done to the English language here...
  • Anonymous
    My dad says he like the co-sign-ment shop instead of consignment. My MIL says "Raymond Noodles" instead of Ramen and "rolly coaster". That drives me nuts!!!!
  • Anonymous
    Old timers disease...lol
  • Anonymous
    'alblum' instead of album and 'fertographer'
  • Anonymous
    Commere
    Come here
    Lemmee
    Let me

It's ok when you're 3. At 30, not so much.
  • Anonymous
    My husband says "looked-ed"...it makes me want to scream every time!
  • Anonymous
    It drives me crazy when people say ValentiMe's Day vs ValentiNe's Dau
  • Anonymous
    expresso vs espresso
    give me advise vs give me advice
    lended vs lent
    faileded vs failed
    stayshum vs station
    borrow me a dollar vs lend me a dollar
    teached vs taught
    hided vs hid
    goed vs went
    Like nails on a chalk board, man!
  • Anonymous
    My mom is from the south. She doesn't have an accent but she KILLS a couple words and we just laugh. "Oil" comes out like "all", "for" comes out like "fah" which has us in tears when she says "What did you do that fah?" And according to my sisters she says "pure" really strange but she won't say it if you ask her too and I can never catch her saying it. A lot of the PP said some of the others that drive me nuts like the "itch" for "scratch" and the ValentiMe's Day... oy it wears me out. Complected for complexion is another one too... argh!!!!
  • Anonymous
    God. I get people asking me to say oil all the damn time LMAO Apparently, I have a perfectly delightful Southern accent... that people like to make fun of. Just because I talk slowly doesn't mean my brain functions slowly too.
    An shugah, ev v v v v a thang I say is with an ax cent !
    LOL
    My friends from the north say things like 'You wanna go with?' ... I'm sorry, do I want to go with WHO ? Who's going somewhere and where are we goin' ?
    And 'Can you borrow me a dollar?' Nope, but I'll be glad to loan you one.
  • Anonymous
    "An shugah, ev v v v v a thang I say is with an ax cent !"

Why did I just totally hear you saying this and I have no idea what your voice sounds like? I love it! I'm sure your accent is just lovely! :)
  • Anonymous
    Think Dixie Carter in her 30's and you heard it right LOL
  • Anonymous
    My dad says folklaw instead of folklore
  • Anonymous
    My husband and MIL randomly add an Irish accent to their speech-it's hilarious!
    My grandpa says 'fixin' as in 'I'm fixin' to go to the store.' He also says whenever a baby is crying that it 'swelled up like a tick.' He calls his wife 'fat mama' and will shout for her in stores this way. I've even heard him say 'ya-unt-to' for 'you want to.' It's too much really :)
  • Anonymous
    We say 'full as a tick' when we've eaten too much...
    "Bless your heart" can mean anything from "I feel so bad that happened to you" to "Fuck you very much"
  • Anonymous
    I like that...'bless your heart.' I'm storing that for later use :)
  • Anonymous
    I haven't noticed if this was mentioned, but it absolutely makes mo crazy when someone wants to "De-Thaw" something. Ok, so you want to freeze it, though it's already frozen.

Also, I live in Pittsburgh, TONS of
  • Anonymous
    OOPS.. I didn't finish.

What I was saying is that here, the English language is butchered on a whole new scale here. I'm not originally from here, so it makes me nuts!
  • Anonymous
    mom also adds the R to wash and washington, warshington BAH and she says Death instead of Deaf I make fun of her everytime but she has yet to stop.....my grandma used to call the merry go round, dunty horses...anyone know where that comes from?
  • Anonymous
    'Axe' instead of 'Ask' always drives me CRAZY! I really hate it when professionals mispronounce simple words. I live in the South and all the 'slang' and mispronunciation drives me insane!
  • Anonymous
    I am in grad school and it is amazing how many people do not know the difference between their, they're, and there; its, it's; your, you're; etc.
  • Anonymous
    I was way too old to admit when I discovered that the fencing material was not actually called "bob war.". Apparently the rest of the English speaking world uses barbed wire.
  • Anonymous
    LMAO @ 5:24 , me too !
    And all I knew when Papaw said 'This is tween you, me, n the fence post." is that meant don't tell yer Granny. LOL
  • Anonymous
    Pellow = pillow
    Melk = milk
    Berf-day = birth-day
    post to = supposed to
    pacific = specific
    fo = four, for
    felled = fell
    pantses = pants
    i'll have to think of some more, but i hear these like everyday (my bf says it's "hood talk")