So what did you get!?
  • Me I woke up to starbucks a sweet cards, flowers, and a new boeing coat. Yes I did want it.
    Extra love to @candid and @lawschoolmommy and everyone else with man/woman issues.
  • LoveLove
    Yelled at because he overslept.
    That's it.

community-manager

• @laurie I normally go nothing with my ex but being new relationship and all they normally get you stuff.
    He could have left a note.
  • @love know you I sure hope you yelled back!
  • CanadianMamaCanadianMama
    I got to "wake" up (you can't really wake up when you never went to sleep) and take an exam that I probably failed!! wool! Happy Valentine's day to me! 

community-manager

• @canadianmama screw school why do we have school on halmark holidays.
  • loveitloveit
    My bf brought me coffee in bed and gave me the sweetest card and 14 kisses for valentines day and nine more bc we met on June 9th...how sweet! We are officially "celebrating" tomorrow night so I don't know yet if there will be a gift. But I really don't care anyways bc its already been great :) I have a sweet card and a funny/naughty card to give him tomorrow and I will maybe buy some lingerie?? I dunno. Also thinking about jacking (don't remember who did it but read it on the boards yesterday) the idea of a box with slips of paper with things I love about him on them. :)
  • @laurie I completley agree with him however it is still nice.
  • loveitloveit
    Ok if I wasn't me I would read my last post and be annoyed! Our relationship is NOT perfect but today is a good day. (Don't mean to brag)
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    A smooch and a hint that while he was in the shower I could come and scrub him.  HA!  Thankfully I know dinner will be awesome tonight.

From Lumpy I got a great big hug when he found his penguin pillow pet and ecstatic ooohs&aaaahhhs when I turned his milk purple and served him pink heart pancakes!
  • @loveit I think he though out the 9 more because that's very sweet.
  • chaosmomchaosmom
    We have postponed Valentine's until Thursday when daddy will be at our house. I got each of the kids a little surprise candy for today but woke up & found that ds4 got up in the middle of the night, found it & ate it all. So...bought some more for everybody but him :-/ I won't be getting anything though. We're not big on v day but we try to do something for the kiddos.
  • BirdieBirdie
    Ok so He bought me a car on Friday for valentines day and he got me personalized plates 'ILOVJAM' his initials are jam. He told me about them this morning. I made him the deck of cards that had 52 things I love about him and a framed picture of our first dance with the lyrics to our song matted around it.

Side note: we live very frugally. We have had one car. We got a VERY good deal on this car. I don't want anyone to think I'm rubbing it in or bragging. But I am proud of it. Nicest car I've ever had and biggest gift anyone has ever given me.

SMSM_s_5

• LoveLove
    Honey, I was pissed! We commenced a yell fest that STILL has my blood boiling and my throat sore almost 3 hours later. He's forgotten his medication the last two days, and I'm due for a visit from Auntie Flow tomorrow. It wasn't pretty. And then the fucker sent me 'Happy Valentine's Day, I love you' text just now...

community-manager

• @emesyou that is very sweet of him.
  • AnonUser23
    Nothing :( lol BUT my dh is out in the middle of the ocean somewhere. He's coming back soon for a couple of weeks and we are going away for a romantic weekend somewhere to make up for it :)
  • i_am_a_thunderbirdi_am_a_thunderbird
    After last night's hell (DH is sick with the same cold DS3 and I have had and he is being the biggest sack of shit BABY because he's sick), I woke up this morning to a still grumpy and sick DH, a coffee machine that overflowed with grinds and coffee because I accidentally used two filters in my sleepy stupor and DS3 who didn't want anything to eat this morning but gum.

I HATE Valentine's Day anyway, because I think Hallmark holidays are stupid money-grabs. I am more annoyed with my DHs shit-ass attitude because he's sick than the fact that he didn't say Happy Valentine's Day.
  • @love I can only imagine. Did you respond?
  • @handtowellady awww but that is expect and at least when he gets home it will be your special day not the worlds.
  • @i_am_a_thunderbird yes I'd be mad about the grumpyness.
  • @choasmom your ds already had his fair share of candy.
    The way I see it is, if you make a big deal out of how important Vanlentine's Day is, you're likely to get disappointed, pissed off and feel like shit.

For me, every day is Valentine's Day and we tell each other we love each other every day. I don't need a special day to let him know how much he means to me and vice versa.

That being said, if he doesn't smarten up, today might be Valentine's Massacre Day if his 'tude doesn't change by tonight when I get home.
  • PuffalumpPuffalump
    DH put a box of chocolates on my pillow at midnight. 

And then ate a piece.
  • BeerWenchBeerWench
    My DH is working nights; he left a card and small box of candy for each of us. This is huge ladies! He always grumbles about valentines and has never gotten the girls (15 & 7) a card or gift before. My DD15's card was sappy too! I'm a proud wife today.
    :¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•** She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten**•-:¦:-•:*'""*:• -:¦:-
  • LoveLove
    I fwded him the exact text he sent me, and put a 2 on the end of it. 3 cups of coffee and the soothing sounds of the dishwasher humming has me in a better mood. I might even paint something later...

community-manager

• LoveLove

I am more annoyed with my DHs shit-ass attitude because he's sick than the fact that he didn't say Happy Valentine's Day.

Right? I don't particularly care what day it is, although some chocolate would be appreciated, but don't effin yell at ME at 5 am!

community-manager

@Love - Exactly.

And why, oh why is it that a man has to act like he's dying of the plague when he's sick????? Why??? Can anyone tell me?

DS3 was majorly ill and so was I. I still went to work every day last week, did all the regular shit like clean, cook, do laundry AND stay up with DS3 for three nights straight because he was so sick, getting next to no sleep.

And you know what - I did it without complaining, without saying a word. Without highlighting the obvious of how tired I was, how shit fucking terrible I felt, how much I just wanted to go to bed and sleep it all off.

But DH - no he turns into a raging lunatic, baby-ass mutherfucker when he's sick and it makes me want to kill him.
  • OnmylastnerveOnmylastnerve
    Does a dirty diaper count as a gift?
    not my chair, not my problem
  • GlitterQueen GlitterQueen
    I ain't got shit yet...

@emesyou congrats on the new car... what kind is it? I bet your thrilled! Any car is awesome,
  • LoveLove
    @I_am_a_thunderbird You could be describing my husband exactly. What tha hail, dude! You're not fucking dying, we had this shit last week. Guess what? We lived. Stop acting like you're on your death bed, already!

Why do they DO that??? My 2 year old is more stoic when he's sick than DH!

community-manager

• fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    I got a thank you for brushing my teeth when I came back to bed at 4 am.
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • PigeonPigeon
    I got a text from BF "Happy indifferent singles awareness day folks!" maybe it's a sign....HA
  • I choose to celebrate national CHOCOLATE day, which I've decided is they day after v-day when all chocolates are 50% off :D Join me in the best holiday ever in the history of everdom!
  • CanadianMamaCanadianMama
    Oh I'll be there @Chocoholic, February 15th is my favourite day of the year :D

community-manager

• A cold from my sweet little princess, and a paper to write on grocer unions. AWESOME!
  • @canadianmama, Feb. 15th is MY favorite day of the year too!!
  • GlitterQueen GlitterQueen
    @verdictlesslife  I think so. He left for work before I was up. I am making him jumbo shrimp, clams and pineapple upside down cake for dinner. I got him a card and his favorite candy.
  • I also just got laid. Sweet.
  • AnonUser24
    I got a "happy valentines day babe" as he went out the door. He said he is going to get dd her vday present at lunch. I'm not sure if that means I don't get one lol. But gramma is taking the kids overnight on saturday so we are going out for a boozy dinner. Happy Valentines Day to all you beautiful ladies <3
  • AKimiBAKimiB
    A "Well, happy Valentine's day." (I was up half the night with a nausea stomach bug)
    He's in a league and goes bowling tonight. Same deal with our anniversary, a bowling night.
    So: stomach bug, half-assed Vday greeting, and loneliness. Lol.
    SMSM_s_5 photo SMSM_s_5_zps5d122d86.jpg
  • chaosmomchaosmom
    SO just got fired for absolutely no reason other than the district manager doesn't like him. Happy Fucking Valentine's Day.
  • @choasmom on no fuckity fuck I'm sorry
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    That's FANTASTIC @lizzwizzy!! 
    =))
  • BirdieBirdie
    @glitterqueen it's an 09 ford focus. I am so freakin excited about it!

SMSM_s_5

• BirdieBirdie
    @glitterqueen and @laurie my brain is hazy today. It's a ford fusion.
    And again thank you! \:D/

SMSM_s_5

• thejoker
    I woke up to a really sweet email from my husband telling me all the reasons he loves me. And then, to my complete shock, I got a dozen red roses at work! He's never sent me flowers before in the whole 7 years we've been together, so I totally wasn't expecting that! He's out of town for work, but we'll see each other Sunday and have a nice romantic dinner. I can't WAIT to see that man! Absence definitely makes the heart grow fonder!
  • chaosmomchaosmom
    @laurie Thank you. Technically it was a lay off (about 15 people) but it still means the paycheck stops for now.

I swear, my SO is the ONLY person that can lose his job on his day off!!! Good news though: he has 2 places to apply to today...so fingers, toes & everything else crossed!
  • Boriquamami75Boriquamami75
    Cake pops, chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered strawberries, and ROKU!!! All my favorites and something I really wanted!!!  Plus steak dinner with the kiddos and Valentines Day movie tonight...very happy.  PLUS my son asked me to help him wrap a special gift he wanted to give a special someone at school.
  • forkinthehead
    I'm not expecting anything. Mostly because I am not big on Valentines day... it makes me feel pressured. Though I did get the bright idea to make red velvet cupcakes. So far the first batch is sitting on the bottom of my oven. I suppose I over filled the tins and my left index finger and thumb are a bright shade of red... I had a little trouble taking the squirty things out of the bottles.

I can only hope that I don't get another stupid idea for St Patricks day. I'll likely end up with green fingers.

Happy Valentines day ladies :)