Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree !
  • LoveLove
    Let's see those trees, girls!

And if you're like me, and move at glacier speed, putting up a little at a time (ahem @kysmommy) you can post the steps, LOL

ETA: let us know if it's a 'real' tree or an artificial too, and any other cool details you'd like to share!

community-manager

• LoveLove
    This.
    This is as far as I've got, with my crafty little idea that is SUPPOSED to be cute when it's done LOL

Real, live OAK limb.

So there.

community-manager

• breezybreezy
    Err... That beautiful @love
  • ChibikoChibiko
    Not sure if we'll do a tree this year. It's a space issue.

Love your branch tree! I'm totally not that creative when thinking up stuff or even when I see ideas. *sigh*
    "We all cross over to the dark side at one point. We just all have different temptations" ~MarySunshine

"You were the truth I would rather lose than to have never lain beside at all" ~Death Cab for Cutie
  • breezybreezy
    http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd397/pbreezyb/IMAG0374.jpg 

I don't know why it looks so small its almost 8feet
  • kysmommykysmommy
    ahahahaha @Love. Glacier speed is being kind!!

I spent all day Sunday wrapping DD's gifts from SO and I and Santa (apparently she's been an angel, by the looks of all the shit this kid got) and was going to put up the tree. Weeeelll... the tree came out of the attic and into the living room, the stand got up, the middle pole got up, and the very tippy top of the tree is up (only b/c SO did it). And there is nothing in between. Hahaha I know, Charlie Brown's tree looked more festive, lol!!! Sometime this week I gotta finish with the branches and lights so DD can decorate it. Her and SO have been yelling at me since Sunday night.

Oh yeah it's artificial, obviously!!!
  • GlitterQueen GlitterQueen
    how do I post pics on here?
  • kysmommykysmommy
    @breezy you are my inspiration to get that damned tree up before Christmas Eve now lol
  • LoveLove
    Awwww @Breezy, it's beautimous!!!

So mine was kinda embarrassing LOL So I went ahead and got it painted so it can dry today, and maybe decorate tonight. The crafty pic I saw was painted white, but I don't roll like that, so mine is metallic silver LOL

I have a CHROME branch now Hahahahhahahahahahha!

community-manager

• breezybreezy
    Thanks @love and @kysmommy

The Chrome makes it look awesome!

I have a fake tree outside... And a real one inside... ?!
  • sanityseekersanityseeker
    @Love that is going to look amazing! Cant wait to see it finished! 
    "If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear?" -Castiel
    "Dobby never meant to kill! Dobby only meant to maim or seriously injure.” -Dobby
    Genealogy: Where you confuse the dead and irritate the living.
  • kysmommykysmommy
    @breezy how did that happen...?? LOL!
  • breezybreezy
    I do everything unintentionally bass ackwards that's how @kysmommy lol.
  • kysmommykysmommy
    good i'm not the only one then...!!
  • TypoFaeryTypoFaery

Can't wait to see how yours turns out @Love

Here is ours, not bad for a 9 year old fake one lol. image

And because I cant pull out the camera without someone wanting in on the pictures lol

• fatchickonabikefatchickonabike

Here's a picture of my tree:

See anything? Me neither. That's because I don't have one yet. And I am so tired I'm about half past give-a-shit about it, too.

Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • breezybreezy
  • TypoFaeryTypoFaery
    LOL I feel you @fatchickonabike the only reason we have one up is because we cant afford a real one so I dragged the old fake one out. The tree is the ONLY decoration I have out in the house right now and very well may stay that way. Threw the wreath on the door and that is all that is happening outside lol. If it werent for the oldest one nagging me about it I may have even waited another week. 
  • LoveLove
    I had rolling giggle fits @fatchickonabike LMAO

Your DD is SO gorgeous @TypoFaery!

I see a pattern emerging here. I'm not a total Scrooge, but I DO see a declining pattern LOL
    Can you see it?

Our normal 9 foot monstrosity, which sits alone and miserable in the storage, waiting for me once again to give a damn:

And then last year's little 2 foot tree, which now resides in the cabinet above the fridge:

And now I have a BRANCH?

omg. I feel a desperate need to go to the storage...

community-manager

• SammieSammie
    Go to the storage, @love. Just go. 

Do the Pinterest tree too. It will be adorable. But I think the kids are going to have you drag out the big one anyway. You could just let them be fully in charge of decorations :D

community-manager

• DemandaDemanda
    My tree is identical to @fatchickonabike's.  Will *maybe* get it up this weekend.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    We're getting a new "tree" this week. We get fake ones because, as much as I love real ones, I can't see or breath for as long as I am sharing a house with one. I load up on sinus and allergy meds when we go to my mom's so I can mostly function without snot oozing everywhere.

We left our old one in NJ. Spiders took to living in it and DH wasn't about to wrestle with them. Plus it would never fit in our town house...so hopefully tomorrow night we'll get our new one. :-)

Pictures will follow.
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • TypoFaeryTypoFaery
    @Love Wow that tree is gorgeous and thanks about the munchkin, problem is she knows it. I pity any man who falls for her
  • CanadianMamaCanadianMama
    So jealous of all of you and your trees!! I want one so badly, but we never spend Christmas at home, do I don't see the point.

@fatchickonabike your post made me think something was wrong with my phone : ( loved it though!

community-manager

• DemandaDemanda
    Okay, I lied.  My son was in tears today because his father bailed on their Tuesday night dinner.  Again.  So to cheer him up, I said we'd do the tree.  Turned out that 3 strings of lights were burned out; money is tighter than normal this year so I'm not buying anymore.  I keep trying to convince myself that having hardly any lights on the tree makes it look understated and elegant... Photobucket
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket
  • scotiamama

pretty trees! we dont have a tree yet, usually get a real one but we're gonna go fake this year... if i ever get off my ass and go buy one

@MommyDearest i think it looks very pretty and definitely doesnt look like it needs more lights :)

• CanadianMamaCanadianMama
    I was going to say that : p
    @mommydearest it DOES look pretty and understated!

community-manager

• TypoFaeryTypoFaery
    @mommydearest it looks beautiful. :)
  • DemandaDemanda
    Aw, thanks guys!  :)
  • LoveLove
    I can NOT get the camera to act right to capture how fucking AWESOME the kids did decorating.
    The bows are deep wine burgandy, the red icicles and stars are bright red glitter, the white butterflies and icicles are iridescent glitter, and there are crystal teardrops hanging from every available limb and bud.

This is probably the best photo as far as capturing the colors and stuff.

community-manager

• AnonUser23
    That is friggin awesome @Love !
  • kysmommykysmommy
    @Love that's awesome!!

Update, BTW... DD and I stopped by SO's house to surprise him yesterday and he had finished putting the branches up :-) We work so well together, I love him so much!!!

Tonight's plan is to buy white lights and the ornaments and actually get the lights up so DD can decorate this weekend... let's see how that works out.
    We got our "tree" last night! DH was so excited. He thanked me for not being one of *those* wives with no sense of humor. DS loves it, ok he loves anything with lights on it so...

With out further ado...

This is our "holiday tree"...meaning this bad boy is staying up all year so this crazy SM can decorate for all seasons/holidays. DH has been wanting a Christmas palm tree for ages but we were given a really nice fake tree after our wedding. So since we left it NJ for the spiders to continue moving into we finally got his palm tree(s). I love it. It's quirky just like us. Of course we can't all our ornaments on it so I strung ribbon up in one of our doorways and hung some of the ornaments there. I also have some in the guest bathroom, on a mini tree and on top the shelf we hung our stockings on. :-)

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • DemandaDemanda
    That's really cool, @CallieFlower82!  My mom did that one year...she hung valentines on the tree, easter eggs, and all that stuff on it.
  • scotiamama

@CallieFlower82 i like it!

My parents brought over a small 2ft tree for the kids to share between their bdrms. the cats took every freaking ornament off the damn thing... twice. Should be fun when we get our real tree up. 8-|

@MommyDearest
    Our first year married we kind of procrastinated on taking down the tree and it *may* have been up until almost St. Patty's day...but I will not confirm or deny it. But that's where our idea for the holiday tree came from...I loved to decorate and celebrate all the holidays.

@scotiamama
    Luckily no cats here...as a kid our golden retriever used to wedge himself behind the tree. The cats at my parents only climbed up the tree when they were kittens, after that they kind of left it alone. Our family dalmation's tail used to launch low lying ornaments across the room if he was excited and wagging it by the tree. LOL

Bosley, our basset hound, doesn't pay much attention to it. Maybe if there was food hanging of it he would, but otherwise if it doesn't feed him, let him out or rub his belly he could care less.

shit
     i wanna post my tree!
  • LoveLove
    There are no words for how AWESOME that tree is @CallieFlower82 I LOVE IT!

@MonkeyMommy camera flashes do silly things to Christmas lights LOL So I have to ask, are those lights really that awesome blue?

community-manager

I have LED lights and when I took the pic the blues were flashing
    @Love
    Thank you! I actually was telling DH about your tree last night. He was saying how nice it is that I'm quirky and ok with not having a traditional tree and I said you should see the awesome trees on ScaryMommy and that yours was pretty damn cool. (P.S. I love all of your trees ladies! We're weirdos so the quirky ones stand out to us."

• CinnaCinna

Two hearts! Oh baby I'm beating out a samba!
  • CinnaCinna
    a bit boring this year but i just didn't have the energy. can't seem to get in the christmas mood
  • LoveLove
    @Goodmommy DUDE. You gots PRESENTS under yours!

community-manager

• ohjoyohjoy
    Awesome trees ladies. I'm jealous. Wishing I could put ours up our dd4 wants to so bad, affraid what our 15mo son will do!... Maybe we'll just decorate the house.
  • CinnaCinna
    @love I have a lot more hiding in a closet so DH doesn't know how many I've actually bought lol.
    @ohjoy can u get a small one so if he knocks it over it won't hurt him?
    @goodmommy YOU HAVE WHITE CARPET! HOW THE HELL DO YOU KEEP IT WHITE?
  • CinnaCinna
    @monkeymommy I just have one kid that's how lol. If I had more I'm so sure it would be super dirty. I also have it cleaned every three months or so
  • DemandaDemanda
    Hey, you've got garland and stuff up, @goodmommy - that's more than I've done.  I haven't even plugged in the outside lights yet, and they stay up all year.
  • CinnaCinna
    @mommydearest you leave yours up all year! You lucky woman! My homeowners association would have a fit. If I could leave them up I'd probably put some on. I'm probably goin to buy lights u can put in the bushes or something. There's only two more weeks left I should get on it. You should too walk over there and plug those bad boys up lol