Anyone tried those dark spot correctors?
  • ImWendyImWendy
    My acne is finally mostly cleared up, thanks to Mary Kay Velocity, but I've still got so many dark spots and they make my skin look so bad! I know Clinique has some stuff, but I don't want to spend that kind of money. Have any of you tried any drugstore brands that work? How expensive are they?
    deus ex machina
  • babycakes
    I haven't tried any of the drug store brands, but I did try the clinique one and it didn't work for me.  it didn't do anything really.  I used to use mary kay on my face and it was great!
  • ImWendyImWendy
    @babycakes Oh boo. My cousin hooked me up with the MK... Maybe I'll see if she's got something I can try out.
    deus ex machina
  • OnmylastnerveOnmylastnerve
    I haven't tried any but I use the microdermabrasion from mk and it has helped some with the spots. And my skin feels so soft afterwards :)
    not my chair, not my problem
  • babycakes
    a friend of mine got a couple chemical peels and then started using Murad.  Her skin is flawless.. really beautiful. But I don't know if that's good genetics, painful peels or over priced products... maybe a combo of all three.   about a year ago I got one of those Clarisonic face cleaners.  It was worth every penny!  I love it.  actually I totally bagged DH for using it!!  I ended up getting him his own.  he's a closet metro-sexual, he just doesn't know it yet.  MK has some good stuff, I'll bet they have a spot remover.  good luck:)
  • ImWendyImWendy
    @onmylastnerve The wash I'm using has toner and a little bit of micro-dermabrasion and when I *first* started using it, it did the same for me. I think I need it a little rougher now though.
    deus ex machina
  • mommaomommao
      I think Neutregena is one of the best for the $. (Under 20.00)  If you are just wanting to conceal it and not cover up redness, go two or three shades lighter than your natural skin tone and be sure to use a brush when you apply it.  Rimmel has some decent angled eyeshadow brushes that worked just as well as my Estee Lauder ones. (Probably won't last as long, but hey, for  5.00, I will live)
  • ImWendyImWendy
    @mommao Oooh Neutragena tears my skin up... Do they have a product that's supposed to actually lighten the dark spots? I use L'Oreal mineral foundation and it covers all the spots really well, but wears off as the day goes. I'd like to wake up with BF without wanting to hide under the blankets. They're not red, just several shades darker than my skin, which is pretty pale.
    deus ex machina
  • InsanityandChaosInsanityandChaos
    I have some dark pigment on my upper lip that my doctor said is caused by pregnancy mask. I have no idea why they call it that, but when I was pregnant my face broke out really really bad. Now those spots get really dark in the summer, fade a bit in the winter. I bought a cheap spot corrector at the drug store and it has faded it quite a bit actually. You apply it twice a day, in the morning before makeup and at night after washing your face for bed. Its called Dermisa Skin Fade Cream. I think it was 2 bucks.
  • ImWendyImWendy
    @insanityandChaos Ooh my upper lip got darker after or during my pregnancy with Tripp! I never made that connection. I'll look for that. I'm so scared of more breakouts, though...
    deus ex machina
  • InsanityandChaosInsanityandChaos
    @ImWendy, I'm pretty prone to breakouts too and haven't had any trouble with it at all that I've noticed. I had to go to a Dermatologist a few months back to have a couple moles removed and I asked about the spots then. She recommended this really expensive stuff, don't know what it was called but it didn't work. This stuff works a crap load better and I think I paid $50 for that other.
  • OnmylastnerveOnmylastnerve
    I wonder if you could try a homemade salt scrub. It would be rougher
    not my chair, not my problem
  • loveitloveit
    Skinscueticals has a great one but its really pricey....I will say its worth the money. Works within weeks.
  • mommaomommao
    do you have a Sally's Beauty Supply?  They have this dark spot remover in a little orange jar (cannot remember the name) but it works really well.  It is like 6-7 dollars- lasts forever.  I have used it on my hands and it has all but made the sun spots disappear.
  • AKimiBAKimiB
    You know, since I've been putting BioOil on my stretchmarks, I've been putting some on my face too... It's actually helped alot with evening my skin tone, and I've only done it maybe ten times. But I have tried any of the other dark spot correctors, so i can't give any info on those.
    SMSM_s_5 photo SMSM_s_5_zps5d122d86.jpg
  • shadylaneshadylane
    I just saw a commercial for garnier's dark spot corrector, I haven't tried it but I love all their other products.
    ~slim shady~
  • ImWendyImWendy
    I'm so disgusted with how I look lately that I don't even know what to say back to y'all. Lol. I saw the garnier ads too and I'm probably going to try that. I'll let you all know if it helps.
    deus ex machina
  • Anonymous
    i'm not impressed by the garnier stuff. anything that has lots of vitamin C should help with circles, though.
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    I found this article on hexane-free castor oil and its uses. http://skinverse.com/castor-oils-many-uses-for-beautiful-skin-and-hair.html
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • ImWendyImWendy
    I'm seriously nervous to rub oil into my acne prone skin. Lol.
    deus ex machina
  • Anonymous
    Regular peelings and applying pure Aloe Vera gel on the spots at night helps me with that. Also helps if you have acne-prone skin.

• SammieSammie
    The shitty part with skin issues of this nature is that, for the most part, you get what you pay for. The more expensive stuff tends to work faster and better. That's not the case with all beauty products obviously, but that seems to be the consensus with products for skin issues. I'm all for the natural route first, but sometimes it doesn't yield the results we want. If it is truly bothering you and messing with your self-esteem, then can you go to the dermatologist? I'm not sure if you have insurance, otherwise that's not an option I'm sure. 

A lot of spas offer skin packages that truly work wonders. I'm not kidding. Amazing. Again, pretty pricey, but they do usually have specific treatments for acne scars, dark spots, etc. I have a friend who had terrible acne scars that made her SO self-conscious. She started going to a spa that specialized in facial treatments and after 6 sessions, she looks like she has new skin! She goes to the gym and such without makeup for the first time since...forever. 

It also wouldn't hurt to try this natural mask. You probably have all these things in your cupboard right now! It's #2http://www.collegefashion.net/beauty-and-hair/dorm-room-spa-3-easy-diy-beauty-recipes-to-try/ 

community-manager