whats the weirdest thing youve seen someone drag home??
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    My friend has a deep love of all living things and even non living things.. everytime I've gone to her house she has something new and odd.. once a baby pygmy goat she bought from a pet store because they sold the mom minutes after she gave birth.. another time a catfish that didn't die after they caught it (she kept it in a large tub for days) many different tractors cars trucks travel trailers bikes you name it she drags it home cause she got it as a good deal or free ( she doesn't hoard she finds homes for everything if she doesn't need it) but today I get there and she has a paralized goose. I guess she went fishing and found it... she's taken it to the vet the vet looked into it and she can keep it as a pet since its injured it has no use of its legs... I'm seriously thinking wtf?? Why not put it out of its misery but it gets around by moving its wings.. she has it in a small pen and it seems to be doing OK.. she wants to put it on a skate board and teach it to move around that way.. I just kinda shook my head at this one...
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • organicbabyorganicbaby
    Your friend is really sweet. You are lucky.
  • CrashCrash
    Huh. A paralyzed goose. No use of the wings?

Sometimes things fix themselves and they won't be so handicapped. But uhm....paralyzed.

Interesting.
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    It can use wings legs aren't working...
  • LLBLLB
    Sounds sweet but I can't help but laugh at the thought of her trying to teach a wild goose how to use a skateboard.
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    @llb I know I'm hoping I can be there when she tries.. she also a foster mom of teen boys... the ones no one else wants because they have behavior problems but right now she has a good bunch..
  • momma2A
    My mom brought home a goose one time from a killing plant because the others had run it over(thousands of other geese) and its foot was all buggered and it couldn't walk. They would have thrown it in the shit pile and left it to die so she scooped it up and took her home. The gooses' foot was all curled up and closed so she opened and spread her webs out and taped cardboard to her much like you'd put a splint on your finger. She left it on there for how ever long it took to heal and the goose walked again. She hobbled for the rest of her life but she lived and walked with her buddy that my mom also got from the plant. I dunno why she went there for pet geese but whatever.

We've also brought home a goat in the front seat of an old truck one time too and surprised my step dad lol
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    My aunt brought a cat home that had been hit by a car. Well first he went to the vet then home. Poor kitty had his head ran over ! Lost an eye and broke its nose. The nose never got all the way better so the cat whistled when he breathed and he had a glass eye put in to hold the head shape right. Basically blind after that. Close to 1,000 dollars on a cat she had never met. My parents thought she was mutters ! They would have put him down. Tha cat lived many years though, had a protector in the yard. My aunt Doberman Shadrach kept the other dogs from bothering him. No one went aginst Shadrach !
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • MadHatterMumMadHatterMum
    Your friend sounds like she has a big heart!!
    My mother is the same way, currently she has 4 cats and a raccoon that she has had for the past 8years! We have raised lots of "wildlife" growing up! From birds to horses, of course living on a ranch we had the room for all sorts of critters!
  • shate98shate98
    I may or may not have caught an eel in a fish trap and kept it as a pet for the summer...
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    I caught a snake in the woods and brought it back to camp. My mom freaked lol. Well I was about two and had just wandered off a little bit. It was a green snake.
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • CountryMomOf3CountryMomOf3
    I have brought home all kinds of animals but my favorite was the duck that lived in my bathtub while its leg and wing healed. It got hit by a car. My bathroom stunk to high heaven but it was only a few weeks.
  • Countygrrl81Countygrrl81
    I saved a muskrat once. I thought it was severely injured as it wouldnt move, put it in a nice comfy cage. Apparently it was just stunned because it woke up and flipped its shit. It was quickly released. Lol. Ive saved mice from mouse traps, snakes,birds, once pulled over for what I thought was a dog on the road... Coyote. Quickly got back in the car lol
    -Well behaved women rarely make history
    -Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I have trust issues.
  • Marionettevie
    i used to catch frogs that would take a dip in our pool... i was not allowed to keep them longer than a day though because my mom knew they would never survive in my care. so i had a designated pickle jar for frogs. and when it started getting dark i had to take it outside and tip it over and watch them leave. i also caught some toads in the desert when we were cleaning up one of my step dads properties and i took them back home.... and then i let them go in one of those man made canals where all the runoff water goes. stupid toads rolled down the side lol!
    then i found several birds nests on the ground with babies in them and i TRIED so hard to keep them alive but all of them died :(
    my MIL says when she was little she found a baby coyote and she had him as a pet until one day he didnt come back lol!
    my mom and i pulled over once in the middle of no where after we saw a semi about 1/4 mile away swerve fucking crazy, we though it was gonna flip over, and when we got closer to the spot he did that we realized it was for a turtle. we stopped and i got out picked it up, and then we let it go at carlsbad caverns where there was loads of open space and the only road had a speed limit of 15.
  • backwoodsmommy
    All these stories are so sweet!
  • beachmommybeachmommy
    My husband is the weirdest thing I have dragged home....
    My beach is still Sandy....
  • CrashCrash
    Oh last year we were inundated with toads. I gotta see if I can scrape up a picture of "Big Bertha"....this toad was the size of a softball! We kept her/it overnight and then took it down to the lake. She/it was the first toad...and then a few more came alone and we did the same. 

One night the dog was going nuts barking and running around my jeep. (We were still up watching tv). We go outside to see wtf is wrong with it, and there's this really loud rhythmic banging coming from under the car. It took us a minute because we couldn't really see it very well, but it was a damn beaver! It was trying to scare the dog off with its tail, but of course couldn't get out from under the car.

Somehow our acreage has become some sort of highway for lake creatures.
  • KrabbyKay

I saved a muskrat once. I thought it was severely injured as it wouldnt move, put it in a nice comfy cage. Apparently it was just stunned because it woke up and flipped its shit. It was quickly released. Lol. Ive saved mice from mouse traps, snakes,birds, once pulled over for what I thought was a dog on the road... Coyote. Quickly got back in the car lol

My mom took a coyote that had been struck by a car, to the vet. She thought it was a dog. The vet said he wouldn't tell if she didn't. He fixed it & vaccinated it & my mom kept her as a dog!!!!! She was wild still, and no one but my mom could approach her. If we were quiet & gentle, she let us kids pet her for a few seconds. She had her a long damn time, I remember her & there are pix, though I wasn't more than 2.
    She lost her because the ranchers used to put poison bait out for coyotes, and the dogs got out. The big lab made it home & died at home, but she didn't even make it back home.
  • MomaFive
    @krabbykay my bff has a dog that was a rescue from the reserve out here, looked like it was just a mixed breed as a baby but the older it gets the more this thing looks like a coyote, she even "chatters" like a coyote  :( i'm sorry your mom lost the "dog-yote" due to the ranchers, i've always hated the "bating" that they do

when i was about 4 i brought home a birds nest that i found out by the apple trees, it was full of baby mice (little pinkies) my mom wasn't overly impressed with me
    i also used to catch caterpillars by the dozen, we had a really bad infestation of tent caterpillars one year when I was about 5yrs old I had 2 or 3 mason jars FULL of them (yuck) 
    my friend and i caught a sandpiper once, we had seen momma get taken out by a car and noticed little one near the road, so rescued it and put it in an terrarium but it was way wayyyyy too young and we couldn't even get it to eat anything :( poor baby
    i worked in a pet shop in edmonton when i was just out of highschool and within a year i had 3 cats (one was too small to sell, so i took him home, turned into a 18lb tomcat hahaa), 1 dog (someone brought it to get groomed and left her there, we contacted her and she said that she couldn't have pets in her new apt and to find someone to love it - i took her home), a finch that couldn't fly, a corn snake, 6 betta fish, a cockiteil, and 2 mice... i may be a bleeding heart
  • CrashCrash
    Oh we 'rescued' a baby magpie once....my daughter called me at work and said there was a one legged magpie hopping around in the bush. I told her to go catch it with a butterfly net, not really thinking she'd be able to. Well. She didn't catch the one legged one, but she did catch one! Lol. We made a cage for it outside, and dressed it up with left over cockatiel equipment and toys. We were able to play with it, and put it on our shoulders and hands...and then one day there was another magpie calling to it, so I let it go. We didn't have Maggie for very long, maybe three weeks.
  • LoveLove
    Wow these are great LOL 

My popaw was a fur-trapper, so we've had our share of interesting things. Mainly because if I SAW it before he had time to put it out, I'd cry to keep it, and then he'd let me keep it for a while. (I was the only girl, and I was Popaw's little shadow.) If I could tame it, I could keep it. If I couldn't, he'd kill it and sell the hide. 

One of the more memorable of these was a cute little mink, that fell in love with my chihuahua LOL I got to keep him for about a month before the little fucker bit me, and then it was off to the smoke house for him. I was a whiney little brat about that mink, so Pop got me a ferret to make up for him. I fell in love, and have had many since.

There were some little wild rabbits in the garden one day, and he went to get his gun, and I started in. He sat down and said if I could catch one with my bare hands, I could keep it. He sat there laughing his ass off for about 10 minutes watching me try to catch one of those things. Last laugh was on me, though, when I finally caught one. It screamed like nothing you've ever heard! I kept it for a couple weeks, and then turned it loose when I found a little box turtle. Rosie the turtle lived in my room for about 3 years before I turned her loose.

We had a coyote too! My uncle dug up a den, and brought us one of the pups. We had him for years and years. He was a good dog!

My cousin had a cougar/mountain lion. The mom got shot, and then they found the cub and took him home. He was declawed and filed and neutered. He was awesomely beautiful, and tame as a housecat. But when he stood on his hind legs (as an adult) he could put his front paws on my shoulders, and was several heads taller than me. His rawr would make you piss your pants LOL 

community-manager

• RuralRebellionRuralRebellion
    The item in this story isn't what is weird.  But there is this group of guys who live in my building.  I think they are brothers, they COULD be fraternal quadruplets, but they look like they are different ages.  They always dress identically.  It looks so weird seeing 4 young men dressed exactly alike... they kinda look like a cult (yup, judging based on looks).

Anyway, the one day I saw them carrying home a coffee table, each one holding a corner.  It was just such an odd sight, 4 identically dressed men carrying a coffee table down the street like it was a coffin.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Most everyone's mad here. You may notice that I'm not all there myself.
  • CrashCrash
    Do they just dress identically, @RuralRebellion, or is there a type of clothing they always wear?
    @Crash, identical.  Same jeans, even the same wash.  Same shirts.  Once I saw them all wearing the exact same t-shirt, but 4 different colours.  Same brown leather jacket.  Same shoes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Most everyone's mad here. You may notice that I'm not all there myself.
  • CrashCrash
    Huh. Somehow I had pictured them in suits like Mormons. 

That's really odd.
    Naw, I know mormons, and JW.  This building has many cultures, all with different types of clothing... but these guys just catch my attention.  They are another culture, not sure which, but they don't dress in any sort of traditional garb.
  • Marionettevie
    you should catch a picture of them @RuralRebellion how odd!
    I hope I can!  I actually haven't seen them in a while.
  • rescuemuttsrescuemutts
    As a kid i was also always bringing home every and any living critter i could find
    I once found an alive baby possum in its dead mom's pouch. Mom was hit by a car and I saw her on the road and checked her pouch and sure enough the baby was alive , naked and alive
    I brought it home and wrapped it in small doll clothes fed it some mixture my mom got from an animal Rescuer
    It survived, but was too tame to release so it went to a sanctuary
    It was ugly as sin and adorable at the same time !!
    "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole."
    Roger Caras
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    While my dad was still serving in the Coast Guard he and his best friend found a baby raccoon and raised it. He said whenever they had spectrum s of their quarters they'd tuck Rocky in one of the big drawers until inspections were over. He said Rocky used to climb the steps of the one tower and go on "patrol" with the guys.

We had our fair sure of box turtles growing up. And for a while I was the dog whisperer on our street. Dogs were always getting out on the weekends, so I'd see one run across the yard and go out and wal it back to it's home. Everyone joked it that it was always me catching the dogs.
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...