Strapless dresses and heavy droopy boobies
    Whats the secret? My boobs arent that big, somewhere around DD, but i dont think ive ever found a strapless bra that works.. And im diggin all the strapless maxi dresses.

Anyone know the magic trick?
    dont mistake my kindness for weakness
  • SassySassy
    Fashion tape? One band size down on the bra one cup size up.
  • Manders15Manders15
    I finally went to a good bra shop and got fitted (not somewhere like Victoria's Secret or Frederick's) and that helped for me. I'm a 36D BTW. Now I can wear the strapless and it looks better.
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    I've used tape, AND the stick on "paper" bra cups.  If you're anything over a C cup they don't work.  Wacol has a bandeau style strapless bra that works pretty well for me (I'm in a DDD now, ugh).  And Soma just introduced a bigger cup size line, but they start at DD and I don't know if they have a strapless version.

It's good to be properly fitted, but I still have to try every one on because even if they're the same brand, the same size can and does fit differently. And, IMHO, Victoria's Secret and Frederick's are not where I'd go to be fitted properly.

Nordstrom and some Macy's have people specially trained to fit bras.
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • CinnaCinna
    Definitely get fitted. I'm a D cup and have bought several strapless bras though I'm not sure where they are so I could tell you the brand but they were really tight around the band and had some really sticky stuff around the top of the bra to hold it in place. They worked well although not as well as if I'd had straps. Also I'd definitely not go the cheap route I think you'll get better results if you spend a bit more.
    Two hearts! Oh baby I'm beating out a samba!
    @bellabefana lasenza is all we have around here, there is a victorias secret but its like an hour away, i dunno if there are any small business type ones or not
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    there are a couple of online places that will show you how to do it yourself.  well, with a friend, actually, because you really do need someone to assist.

I'm not familiar with lasenza.  @Cinna, yeah, the ones i have have a rubberized elastic.  I really can't stand strapless bras, they're SOOOO uncomfortable after an hour or so, and I've ended up with blisters.

this is the one I have, well, I have several, but this is the one that's the most comfortable while still giving some support.  
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    Only $44 @BellaBefana? Whoa, I might have to try one. I currently have a few halter tops I can't wear. I used to have a strapless (macy's, not sure the brand) but I donated it, grossly uncomfortable and the band was 36", I'm usually a 34. Although now even those feel like they're getting big.
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • LoveLove
    http://www.ashleystewart.com/catalog/567/all-TheButterflyBra

You may need help getting in and out of it, with all the hooks LOL but it's the only one I've ever found that gave me the support I needed to actually pull off a decent strapless look.

community-manager

• backwoodsmommy
    Is it a fashion no-no to use those clear straps?
  • leopardmama
    For really big boobies, I've always heard the only way to get real support is going with a long line bra.... Like a bustier basically, something that comes at least a few inches down the rib cage.
    Even being fairly small, strapless bras are never comfortable, however.... My absolute fav piece of underwear EVER is my flexees strapless shaping dress. It's a nude spandex mini dress that has its own built in strapless bra ( with underwire). Smooths, shapes, fairly comfy strapless action. No major lift/push up-ness, but I always look fabulous! I wear it under so do so many things!
  • leopardmama
    http://www.maidenform.com/shapewear/styles/all-shapewear/flexees-take-inches-off-strapless-slip-3741
    Pretty sure I have this one ( in nude) but idk what cup sizes they go to.... But there has to be a similar style made by the big boobie brands.... ;)
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    Yeah, I've got a long line for evening wear, but no way I'd wear it with a summer dress... Too hot but the @Love showed actually looks doable. The one I have comes with clear straps, which I promptly lose, but now you can get beaded ones that attach to the strap holders, .

I don't think it's really too much of a fashion don't to wear the clear straps
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • leopardmama
    Also, as far as straps... If you get a color that matches the dress, it just looks like the straps are part of the dress ;). Same idea as the beaded or patterned ones....
  • CinnaCinna
    @bellabefana I did think of adding that they are uncomfortable but didn't wanna scare her off lol. Idon'tget blisters but i definitely have a deep red inindentation in my skin that hurts for at least a day or so
    Two hearts! Oh baby I'm beating out a samba!
  • Teachermom03Teachermom03
    I've said farewell to strapless dresses. I had big boobs before, but now that I'm nursing twins it would be a danger to the community to not have these puppies completely controlled at all angles!
    Proud mom of DS born 11/17/2008 and DS/DD twins born 2/19/2013
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    @Cinna cornstarch baby powder helps a little.
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • undercoverbanana
    anything strapless makes mine look like a uniboob, so I just dont do strapless.
    i'm nekkid.
    Thanks guys!! I think i might try the butterfly bra that @love linked too, if they ship to canada
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    I just looked at the butterfly ones, the smallest strapless they have is a 40 or 44DD? Not gonna ever fit in that, is there a place to get them smaller or are these just made for bigger women?
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • HestiaHestia
    I'm a c/d one of each and on my rare strapless moments I prefer a bustier

• GrainneGrainne
    Duct tape!
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    My strapless is a 34c.. it works well and give me awesome cleavege.. I were a 36 b/c depending on the time of the month.
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • novascotiamom
    @123 are you in pictou county? There is a bra shop downtown called Leslie's finery. They will do a proper fitting and have a wide selection of bras. Sears is also a good place to find bras but you really do have to try them on. I'm a bigger size (40D thanks to my kiddos) and I've had luck with the curvation brand. They are designed for bigger breasted women. Wal-Mart sells them and for a short while had strapless. I haven't looked lately if they were back for the summer. Also the Pennington in truro. Since they are a store for bigger gals I find their bras do a good job supporting my D's. It might be worth checking it out.
    @novascotiamom yes i am :) im about a 40DD, ill try those places when i get back in town
  • beachmommybeachmommy

For really big boobies, I've always heard the only way to get real support is going with a long line bra.... Like a bustier basically, something that comes at least a few inches down the rib cage.

I agree. 

I am a 36GG  - I haven't been able to find/ wear a strapless bra since the 10th grade. 

My beach is still Sandy....
  • Teachermom03Teachermom03
    Just go bra-less. Skip deodorant too and embrace your inner hippie ;-)
    Proud mom of DS born 11/17/2008 and DS/DD twins born 2/19/2013
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike

Just go bra-less. Skip deodorant too and embrace your inner hippie ;-)

And don't forget the pit bush!
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • notthemommanotthemomma
    Grainne said:

Duct tape!

No.no.no. Duct tape = skin removal. Lol. When i go strapless I don't wear a bra.