How'd you get your munchkin?
  • WhitleyWhitley
    Ok, seeing as how several other SM and I are all due with our new little bundles of joy on pretty much the same day it got me thinking..... Something potent must have been in the air about 9 months ago!

I know that when I want to embarrass Paxton when he is being a snotty teenager, I have a perfect 'How I Met Your Mother' response......

'Son, in the fall of 2012, your uncle Josh was in a charity event for breast cancer. This meant a lot to so many of us because we had friends who lost family to this horrible disease, so to make our grieving friends feel better, josh decided to take it upon himself to make them feel better. This involved him dressing in drag and singing Mariah for the whole bar to hear. Now, because your father and I rarely got a free night from being mommy and daddy, it's kind of unnecessary to point out that when these opportunities presented themselves, I went a little crazy. This night involved 2 glasses of wine and 7 vodka/red bulls all within 2 1/2 hours. What happened in the bathroom between me and your Aunt Shay, who you know is gay, is still a little hazy. But only an hour later, your aunt, myself, and your father were all headed back home. Once we got there... We all snuggled up in bed and fell straight asleep. Hahahaha ha, just kidding!!! We had a crazy wild night of more drinking and a threesome that lasted for several hours. So really son, I am only 1/3 your parent. Same goes for your father. Your Aunt Shay, you can now start calling Aunt-Mommy Shay. Now, would you like to tell me again why you think you should be able to go to that house party?"

Anybody else have funny/crazy conception stories?
    Your children are not your children,
    They are the Sons and Daughters of Life's longing for itself.
    They come through you but not from you,
    And though they are with you,
    Yet they belong not to you
    -Gibran
  • WhitleyWhitley
    Wasn't sure where to post this, feel free to move it if it needs to be!!
    -Gibran
  • Countygrrl81Countygrrl81
    Haha 1/3 parent. That's hilarious. Umm... So just curious but is this an "adopted" aunt or his sister or yours lol. My son was conceived in the least romantic way possible.... On the couch where upon after I half layedon the floor half on the couch with my legs up for an hour "directing" those little buggers. I'm sure dh thought that was super sexy.
    -Well behaved women rarely make history
    -Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I have trust issues.
  • OpheliaOphelia
    Ry came from the backseat at the drivein after smoking a bowl.
    Wyatt happened during hurricane sandy. Gotta do something while you're under state of emergency, right?
    Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.. -Grateful Dead<3
  • LLBLLB
    Nothing interesting... I just had sex with my husband for YEARS, peed on ovulation strips, calculated fertile days etc. praying every month that aunt flow wouldn't arrive. Finally got 2 blue lines (twins). Tried for 5 more years and got 2 more blue lines (turned out to be ectopic) and then 1 month into trying again got 2 blue lines again (baby J)

So yup not very interesting...
  • DinoDangerDinoDanger
    I get to tell Declan his dad wasn't even in the same county, haha!  We did IVF and DH was working on the day of my transfer.  
    http://haynesfamilyhomestead.blogspot.com/
    Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free. - V for Vendetta
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. - The Old Astronomer, Sarah Williams
  • WhitleyWhitley
    She is an adopted aunt. She's about as gay as you can be and my best friend. Funny though, we didn't become best friends until after that night.

I'm sure my DH would give me the weirdest look if he ever saw me doing the legs up in the air directing traffic. Lol.
    -Gibran
  • WhitleyWhitley
    @DinoDanger Hahahah when I read the first sentence my eyebrows shot up and thought 'Jerry Springer' lol. Then I saw the rest of your post.
    -Gibran
  • DinoDangerDinoDanger
    Yeah, not going to lie, it's kind of fun to open with that comment and watch it click on people's faces. And then tell them it was done artificially.  Ah, the little things that get you through pregnancy.
    http://haynesfamilyhomestead.blogspot.com/
    Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free. - V for Vendetta
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. - The Old Astronomer, Sarah Williams
  • WhitleyWhitley
    @dinoDanger if I had the same situation I would do that to people all the time.
    -Gibran
  • missmama5missmama5
    Well my first was a broken condom baby so....one night dh and I didn't use a condom &I let him cum inside me. Didn't think anything of it because, well, it was once. And that's how we got Avery. Boring lol
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    I doubt we'll still have the couch by then, but if we do I can point to exact spot Lil Beastie was conceived on and I can tell him he was part of Daddy's Father's Day present. =))

Big Beastie was conceived while Mommy was being a "cowgirl"...
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
    Erm, mommy really liked sampling what the town has to offer. So if you find the census from 2011 your dad is somewhere on the list.. LOVE YOU
    dont mistake my kindness for weakness
  • WhitleyWhitley
    @MarySunshine hahahaha I would get a picture of him on the couch in a cowboy costume and then explain the hilarity when he is older.
    -Gibran
  • leopardmama
    Lmao! I kinda love the crazy stories.... Does anyone know how/where/when they were conceived???? I know my brother and I were both bc babies, as my mom loved to tell us repeatedly.... The sponge with him, the pill with me.
    Lets see, big brother was born end of dec, so conceived the end of April.... I'm end of June, so conceived Oct. Halloween party maybe??? :D
  • PurpleFlowersPurpleFlowers
    My kids weren't conceived in any creative way. Just the old fashioned trying for baby. My sister in law, however, has 3 boys. All 3 of them were born within a few days of each other in July. They have a wild and crazy Halloween party every year and that's when each of them were conceived.
    Stay away from my chocolate and nobody gets hurt!

I think I like who I am becoming...
  • backwoodsmommy
    The twins were conceived in a pop up turkey blind. I got camo paint in my woo-woo.
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    Yep, mine was shot up through a catheter, said syringe and catheter got sent back to the lab and I hear "CLEAR" shouted from a the other room...
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • wishingforsleepwishingforsleep

Wyatt happened during hurricane sandy. Gotta do something while you're under state of emergency, right?

I read an article saying there is s small baby boom due to Sandy... Power is out = baby making :)

I'm due July 28th, conceived while staying in a downtown hotel for a friends wedding
  • SasafrasSasafras
    I don't ovulate regularly, but when I do, look out I will jump anything, luckily my husband stays close ;) anywhoo got pregnant during those times during the 3 days fuck fest as I call it.
  • AnonUser38

The twins were conceived in a pop up turkey blind. I got camo paint in my woo-woo.

OMG this made me laugh so hard!!!!! Your "woo-woo" lol  =))
  • ScaryReflection
    These are awesome, wish I had a funny conception story!  No idea when DS was conceived other than second or third week of October.  His dad and I then had lived together for 2 years, pretty much had sex once or twice a day, in bed or on the couch, so it just happened on one of those occasions.  We didn't use BC, I got pregnant 3 times, DS was the first one carried to term.
    Proud single Scary Momma to an amazing 5yo DS!
  • WhitleyWhitley
    @backwoodsmommy bahahahah I snorted when I read that!
    -Gibran
  • SammieSammie
    I got pregnant with my first on Valentine's Day. My mom gifted us some amazing champagne and the rest is history.

We were so shocked that we were reenacting Juno in our bathroom. I was chugging a half gallon of OJ from the bottle and pissing on every brand of pregnancy test ever made.

She's 3.5 now. Her brother is 10 weeks, but we planned this one because we are insane. ;)

community-manager

• onetimeonetime
    I'm not sure what happened when dd was conceived, but I can say that shortly after, we decided to try, but little did we know, trying was NOT necessary, she was already with us! Ds, it was a pity fuck, his sperm donor came over crying about missing me, I needed laid... Sigh, I don't think I will tell him!
    Suck it up buttercup!
  • lisaswk
    I was thinking that there was a lot of super storm Sandy babies happening here. I have 2 New year's eve October babies. In fact my family celebrates 8 October Birthdays. Must be some party
  • KrabbyKay
    I'm a New Years Eve baby, my brother is a Valentine baby. My kids are both.... I dunno ... Solstice Madness? DD was "this one time won't matter". DS was tried and tried for. I finally after years got professional consultation. I was given a shot of progesterone in prep for going on clomid, and told to go home & get busy, because sometimes that does the trick. 3 days and hey presto!!! I went back "hey that shot didn't work. No period." ---"Is that so. Pee in this cup." The rest is history. Well the rest is currently downstairs fighting with his sister.
  • MomaFive
    DD8 was the first and only wild night of drinking and strip poker with XH and 2 of our close friends. I was so drunk and apparently xh was all horny and randy when he's drunk ... oiy

DD3 i don't know when/why that happened, maybe it was halloween? it must be something because DD was born on her due date and somehow I'm due with this bean on the exact same date....
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    Ds14 was a quickie in my bedroom...

Ds7 was a I'm off birth control its your turn to use it... he was planned.
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • Katescrazymom
    Dd was planned, though dh has a 'funny' story about hearing my stomach growl, then the next weekend my sister saying something about gender and who's on top. Dh excitedly announced It's a Puppy! My mom was horrified.
    Ds was a surprise pill baby. But we had a toddler, so 'it' didn't happen often. My best guess is on dds birthday. The in laws took dd out for a bit, while we were setting up her party. Happy birthday, dd!
  • TankGrrLTankGrrL
    Sometime in July 2012, around the 22nd I think. Spartacus marathon on TV. Pulled out the hide-a-bed on the couch to get comfy. I think about the 3rd go was the one that did it. Those dang Romans. 

Mmmh Andy Whitfield....RIP you gorgeous piece of man-meat. 
  • firefighters_wifefirefighters_wife
    Dd6 1/2 don't know who bio dad is (mommy was a little loose back then) and for this lo my cousin was staying here on weekends so dh and I decided to mess with her by acting like we were gonna have sex well she ran out the door saying she was gonna go for a walk and dh and I decided why not take advantage of the free time dd was at grandma and papas that was November 11, 2012 in the middle of the afternoon!
  • PhoenixPam
    I was house-sitting my parents' house and I was "lonely." My fuck buddy came over and we decided to have some fun in my parents' bed. I ended up getting pregnant with twins that night.
    Unfortunately, my mom is very good at math.
  • LoveLove
    Approximate conception dates for the oldest two, if I recall correctly, were Valentine's Day weekend and Mother's Day weekend, with my XH, and then I know for a fact that Spawn was conceived with DH on my birthday. 
    At 1:20am. 
    On the floor of the master bathroom LOL

community-manager

• KeepstaringKeepstaring
    Dd4 in a motel 6 during in Forth Worth! We decided to take one last US road trip before starting a family. I got pregnant on that road trip. You can imagine how proud dh was, he kept bragging about his swimmers for the entire pregnancy. Because, you know, he had done all the work =;

Dd(almost)2 was conceived on dd4's second birthday, January first. A hangover baby!
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
  • lisaswk

• lefty63
    I don't have a good story since both of mine were from IUI (insemination). One was on St. Patrick's Day and the other 9/11/99.

Me and 3 of my siblings are born in Dec., my parents bday and anniversary were in Feb.
  • LiquidPeppermintLiquidPeppermint
    We bought ourselves a new big-screen TV for Valentine's day.  It was a long-awaited, hard worked for treat for us.  We also bought a bottle of good wine.  The wine was SO good, in fact, that I lost the ability to count to 14, told DH not to worry about a condom, and the rest is history. 
  • Tanstaafl2Tanstaafl2

Our second son provides most of our humorous fare.  Conceived during a Summer visit up to my parents' in NY state and born Feb 29, 2000.  When we announced the pregnancy, my little sister (17 at the time) announced that she was never going to have kids.  I told her she better be nice to this one, since he was conceived on HER bed (which is true).

When my wife showed me the test stick saying she was pregnant with son #2, our first son (2 y.o. at the time) thought the test stick was a lollipop, grabbed it and stuck it in his mouth.

=))
    There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch (TANSTAAFL)
  • lostinthewindlostinthewind
    DS 11 was planned in the sense of I'll get off the depo shot and it'll take a year to get pregnant.... 6 months later I happened to be on a long weekend from work the 2nd of june and well we discovered on the 3rd of July we were expecting. Dd9 was a big surprise of me getting my prebaby body back and using it to my advantage on hubs and me forgetting to take my progesterone only BC pill at the right time (I was still nursing DS and had pumped earlier in the day so Dh and I could drink) well DS was only 9.5 months old and boy were Dh and I surprised!!!! Especially all we both remembered about the night was that we decided we were gonna drink. Oops
  • GoddessGoddess
    I don't remember why, but my xh and I were excited about something. Being home at the same time in the middle of the day? Anyway, we both remember it vividly. It was on the corner of the bed, him on bottom, his feet on the floor, me riding cowgirl, was the first time he didn't pull out AND first time we came together at the same time. It was mind blowingly epic. :\">
  • FoulMouthedSailorFoulMouthedSailor
    With the twins, I'm pretty positive it was in my parents shower Halloween night, listening to Für Elise, which is how bonus baby got her name. And this current one, I was just poking some fun post deployment, she decided to take it serious.
    You show the lights that stop me turn to stone, You shine it when I'm alone. And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
    And dreaming when they're gone.