The Mashed Potatoes Thread (#76519 omg!!!!)
  • Anonymous
    #
    (76519): I judge people who don't like mashed potatoes.

This is OUTRAGIOUSE!!!!! HOW DO YOU JUDGE ME FOR MY POTATO CHOICE!!! F-YOU!!!!

HAHA I'm just kidding. This has got to be my favourite confession of all time. I love you, you mashed potato advocate keep at it!!!!
  • NikkiNikki
    Lol!!!!!! I literally just laughed my ass off. Yes, I'm ass less now.
  • ImWendyImWendy
    Can I laugh my thighs off? Or maybe the baby apron thing?

At first I was like, "Are you kidding me?" Turned out you were! Thank goodness!
    deus ex machina
  • breezybreezy
    Lol!
  • InsanityandChaosInsanityandChaos
    Oh, too funny!
  • CanadianMamaCanadianMama
    I really don't get how people could not like mashed potatoes! They're creamy bits of heaven IMO : )

community-manager

• Anonymous
    My daughter doesn't like mashed potatoes. I told her that if we didn't look exactly alike that I would be convinced she was switched at birth with my real child. I make, hands down, the BEST mashed potatoes you have ever had in your life.
  • I LOVE this!
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    I feel the same way... how can you NOT like/LOVE mashed potatoes!?

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • mommy_loves_winemommy_loves_wine
    DH doesn't like mashed potatoes, he prefers rice. I'm like, wtf is wrong with you??!?!
  • LoveLove
    While I think, in general, that most people who don't like mashed potatoes have deeper issues that need to be addressed, bashing them for something they can't control is not the answer.
    Everyone's taste buds are different, and we need to support each other no matter what odd taste may strike a nerve.

:P teeheehee

community-manager

• NikkiNikki
    @love, thanks for making me laugh out loud and get mean glares from the professor and other students in class. It was totally worth it.
  • LoveLove
    @Nikki since I've fulfilled my quota for smartass so early this morning, I think I need a raise LOL I'll hafta speak to the boss when he gets home, dontcha think?
    Shame on yooooooouuuu for SM'ing in cllaaaaaaasssss, I'm gonnnnnna TEEEEEELLLL !!!

community-manager

• NikkiNikki
    Pft, not MY class. It's my boyfriends med school class. Which probably makes it worse that I'M being a disruption. haha!!!
  • LoveLove
    I'd totally kick your butt out if I was the Prof LOL ! Quieten down back there, interloper!!!

community-manager

• NikkiNikki
    I don't feel too bad anymore, the prof's phone just started ringing in the middle of his own lecture *eye roll*
    @Love I completely disagree. It's high time we take North America back against the freaks and weirdos who don't like a food that is as American as Apple Pie. It's unpatriotic! And it's just wrong!

community-manager

• ImWendyImWendy
    Well maybe they're allergic to potatoes. :P
    deus ex machina
  • Pop1966Pop1966
    I'm pretty sure it's racist. Everyone knows that the Irish immigration was because of the potato famine, so the Irish love potatoes so I'm pretty sure they are anti-Irish!
  • ImWendyImWendy
    Anti-Semites too!
    deus ex machina
  • LoveLove
    With a hot-button topic like this, it's easy to get fired up and let our passions overrule our compassion. I think we all need to take a step back and remember that no one situation applies to everyone, and some people may have a REASON for feeling the way they do...

community-manager

• ImWendyImWendy
    Dammit! Love made me spit a grape onto my laptop!
    deus ex machina
  • LoveLove
    I accept NO liability for damages cause by anyone's inability to properly ingest liquids while on SM.

community-manager

• ImWendyImWendy
    It was only about half-masticated, so technically still a solid. Therefore, Imma gone sue yo ass!
    deus ex machina
  • LoveLove
    Go ahead. Ye can't get blood from a turnip LOL
    I take that back. I'll settle out of court on this one.
    I'll give you 2 kids and a broken clothes dryer to let it go!

community-manager

• ImWendyImWendy
    Oka... Wait a minute. I think I'm getting the short end of the stick on this deal.
    deus ex machina
  • Pop1966Pop1966
    Crap @love, now Jill's gonna have to put a disclaimer and user warning on here, all because of you!
  • InsanityandChaosInsanityandChaos
    My 9 month old doesn't like mashed potatoes. I think I'm going to put her up for adoption now.
    @InsanityandChaos probably for the best, you don't really want to be associated with that, do you?

Listen, I'm all for respecting people's "rights" when it comes to food, but an attack on mashed potatoes is an attack on freedom itself!

community-manager

• LoveLove
    My Spawn is looking at me like I've lost my damn mind, laughing at the computer screen LMAO !

community-manager

• ImWendyImWendy
    This thread has been amazing. lol
    deus ex machina
  • LoveLove
    @ImWendy I bet we can make it even better. This is the most fun I've had all day LOL

@InsanityandChaos, I think that might be for the best, if you truly feel like you are completely unable to accept your daughter's food choices. In the end, you just have to do what you think is best for everyone.

I plan to love my children regardless of the fucked up food choices they make. I may not like it, or agree with it, but they're still my children, and it's my job to love them unconditionally!

I don't care for sweet potato pie, myself, but I'd hate to know that someone would judge me for that!

community-manager

• breezybreezy
    Lol... Tater hater!
  • ImWendyImWendy
    @love but you really have to consider the impact not loving mashed potatoes will have on them sociably! Don't you want to encourage them to go with the mainstream belief and love mashed potatoes? I mean, I could accept it if they were just born that way, but to just let them choose... IDK. Kinda makes me judge you.
    deus ex machina
  • ImWendyImWendy
    Tater hater! ROFL!
    deus ex machina
  • LoveLove
    Well you can encourage lovingly until you're blue in the face, and you *might* force them to eat it, but you just can't make em *like* it. I'd rather they be true to themselves, and to hell with everyone else. Wouldn't you rather your children be happy and odd, instead of comformed and miserable???

A personal choice is just that. Personal. I don't see how it hurts anyone else.

community-manager

I'ld be afraid for my child. I mean, how would society treat them if they knew. I wouldn't want my child to be ostresized, or miss out on opportunities. I don't think I could accept that choice.

community-manager

• LoveLove
    I don't understand how anyone could refuse to accept their choice, after a certain age, you can't control their diet any longer.

Being different is always hard, but eventually most all 'different' has its own time in the sun, and becomes, if not mainstream, at least more generally accepted.

I think the best we can do as parents is to be encouraging and supportive, and help prepare them emotionally, especially when we know that they have an issue that may make their life harder.

community-manager

• ImWendyImWendy
    Have you at least bothered to try putting gravy on the mashed potatoes? Or maybe those chunky creamed potatoes? I'd rather my kid like emo potatoes than no potatoes.
    deus ex machina
  • LoveLove
    One could try, I suppose. No harm in trying. As long as you're not trying to force the issue, by all means, try some variety!

community-manager

• fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    OMG, I am DYING here! You ladies rock!
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • breezybreezy
    Emo potatos ... lol.

You don't asked to be born this way but it will make the future more difficult... And always be prepared to answer peoples questions... They just don't understand and are uniformed... Be patient with them and eventually you will be accepted for who you are as a person.
    I heard of a summer camp that claims it "will have your son or daughter believe in the power and taste of Mashed Potatoes". It's an intensive two week program, where they use prose, and therapy. I've heard it works 95% of the time. I believe it's called "Budding Spuds"

community-manager

• breezybreezy
    There are other Tater haters just like you. You are not alone.. and together you will be able to be heard.
  • breezybreezy
  • ImWendyImWendy
    Oh hey, speaking of gay (okay we really weren't but you know) check this out. Apparently EVERY MAN I'VE EVER DATED was gay. Also, that means the issue lies within me. lol

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/18/signs-your-husband-is-gay_n_687160.html?ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#s128660&title=Hes_Overly_Fastidious

If you click through to the real article, it is NOT satirical. WTF???
    deus ex machina
  • ImWendyImWendy
    ROFL Budding Spuds. lol.
    deus ex machina
  • OMG. Tater haters! LMAO!

I'm clearly a superior mother, both of my kids LOVE mashed potatoes.
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    My daughter hates mashed potatoes. *Hanging head in shame*
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • LoveLove
    4 of mine do, in degrees, but one won't touch them.
    We try, we really do, not to treat him any different, but it's like the elephant in the room, you know. We all know it, but no one wants to say it out loud.

community-manager

I've heard partial lobotomies help, but that could just be a rumour.

community-manager