What? Was that a fucking insult?
  • Tranquil

Cooworker says to me "my daughter is not small, she's like you"...knowing this person, I say intentional insult...

Then yesterday she said to me (after I created a kick-ass tracking sheet) "you don't need to be smart to create that, it's just useful"

Anyway, she's a d-bag I just NEVER have a good come-back...how would YOU react?

• MomaFive
    respond with a backhand?
    sorry lady i gots nothing *but* that's just insulting (i agree)
    i'm never quick witted, and i have a spitfire temper, so generally i just have to walk the hell away (and fast)
  • MadHatterMumMadHatterMum
    I would taco kick that twat waffle!!! I never have good comebacks but it sounds like she is actually jealous of you!
  • onetimeonetime
    I have someone who is always talking about how skinny she is. I just say I'm so glad I have meat. Ya know, the bone being for the dog, and the meat being for the man, and all that ..
    Suck it up buttercup!
  • ABCABC
    I don't care about being skinny, I just want to be in shape.  But I had an old co-worker once say, "awe, when are you due?" when I just looked fatter in that particular coat.  I just looked at her square in the face and said, "I'm not pregnant, I'm just fat." I said it to her in front of tons of people and they all looked stunned, she was highly embarrassed.  It was priceless! lol
    Be in control of your own happiness.
  • ScaryReflection

WTF?!  Definitely sounds like she's jealous and making snide comments to undermine your confidence.  Get that bitch!

I had a similar co-worker in my last office.  She was 28, looked 18, a perfect size 4, and constantly complained aloud about how she needed to lose weight, she was such a heifer, etc.  In an office of women mostly 30+, moms or grandmas, all with extra padding.  We had a secret pact that whoever left first would bitch slap her on their last day.  Unfortunately she was out of the office my last week. :(:(

Proud single Scary Momma to an amazing 5yo DS!
  • undercoverbanana
    Wow. That was......thoughtless. To say the least. Did she mean it in a bitchy way? Or is she clueless?
    i'm nekkid.
  • KeepstaringKeepstaring
    Punch her in the throat! That's all the advice I have because I always have the best comebacks..... 10 min after the fact, my first reaction is confusion mostly. Like, did she just say that, really, I must have heard it wrong, nobody is that rude, are they?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
  • VegantasticVegantastic
    When she says "my daughter is not small- she's like you" you can say "yeah... my MIL isn't very nice, she's like you..." >:)
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world"
    "Don't Panic"
  • Tranquil

She's just bitchy.  Seriously, I should keep a journal of the things she says to me...it's almost on a daily basis.  I've only been here 3 months and it started pretty immediately.  I'm always like, did you really just say that but I never respond. 

@undercoverbanana no she is not clueless, she intends everything she says. 

• Tranquil
  • HorridWenchHorridWench

When she says "my daughter is not small- she's like you" you can say "yeah... my MIL isn't very nice, she's like you..." >:)

=))
    "She Dances in a Ring of Fire and Throws Off the Challenge, With a Shrug" - Jim Morrison
  • TheMomFactorTheMomFactor

=))

Or what about: My neighbors have an ugly ass dog...kinda like you....
    "Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way."-The Seventh Doctor

"One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel."
  • MollyGrahamMollyGraham

Is it possible she didn't mean it as an insult? I mean, to me, if you've just got an extra 10 lbs. I wouldn't call that "fat". Maybe it was a back-handed (and badly worded) way of saying she thinks you look good. :)

Of course, if it was an insult, then yeah, what everyone else said...a well place kick to a sensitive spot is completely justified.

:D
    Normal people never change the world.
  • sojo
    how about "what a lucky girl because she could have ended up like you instead". 
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    sojo said:

how about "what a lucky girl because she could have ended up like you instead". 

Ditto
    & ditto
    @Vegantastic

WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• DinoDangerDinoDanger

=))

Or what about: My neighbors have an ugly ass dog...kinda like you....

@TheMomFactor  Hey now, let's not pull the poor dog into this... At least the dog's probably cute in an ugly kind of way ;)  This snatchface on the other hand... Not so much I'm sure.
    http://haynesfamilyhomestead.blogspot.com/
    Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free. - V for Vendetta
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. - The Old Astronomer, Sarah Williams
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    Yea I did smack Stbxh the other day. I told DS I would spit a muffin with him, and I would split it fairly not just take the top and give him the bottom. Older DS asked why , I said because some people only like the top part. Stbxh poked me and said , " and your mom knows all about muffin tops!"

Yep he got smacked !! A few times !!! Just because HE is losing weight ! [-(
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    "my daughter is not small, she's like you"

A: I hope she gets my personality, too. 

"you don't need to be smart to create that, it's just useful"

A: I know I don't *need* to be be smart. It's a curse.
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • LittleTalksLittleTalks
    Ive had issues like that. What worked for me was, after the bitchy comment, I would say "why would you say something like that to me?", "do you ever think about how the words that come out of your mouth effect people?", or "I don't understand why you think it's ok to say something like that". And then walk away and let them stew in their assholish shame. Brownie points if other people hear too.
  • LoveLove

Ive had issues like that. What worked for me was, after the bitchy comment, I would say "why would you say something like that to me?", "do you ever think about how the words that come out of your mouth effect people?", or "I don't understand why you think it's ok to say something like that". And then walk away and let them stew in their assholish shame. Brownie points if other people hear too.

I was going to say something like that too!
    I can't very often be quick-witted in the actual heat of the moment, but I can practice some snooty one-liners that work for pretty much everything LOL

Are you serious right now? <--That's probably my favorite, bc it throws a pause into the whole exchange, without making any accusations or name-calling.

Do you deliberately trying to be snide, or are you just naturally rude?

Oh my! Someone left their social skills at home this morning...

community-manager

• LilbitLilbit
    Love said:

I was going to say something like that too!
    I can't very often be quick-witted in the actual heat of the moment, but I can practice some snooty one-liners that work for pretty much everything LOL

Are you serious right now? <--That's probably my favorite, bc it throws a pause into the whole exchange, without making any accusations or name-calling.

Do you deliberately trying to be snide, or are you just naturally rude?

Oh my! Someone left their social skills at home this morning...

If I ever speak to my MIL again I am using all of these!
  • AceofSpades
    Yes I vote the direct approach
    Instead of trying to think of a witty snap comeback (which you've admitted isnt your strong suit) try the honest approach.

"you know, that really offended me because what you just said sounded as though you were putting down my work and creativity with creating the tracking sheet. I don't need to be put down for doing good work."

Then let them stew in their asshole shame

"Tough times pass, but tough bitches last"

"I wish I could squirrel, but alas, I cannot"
  • Tranquil
    I have no choice but to try the direct approach with this woman...She can be pleasant at times...and then she sticks in those asshole comments every once in a while and it just throws me right off...

• ThatGirlJen

Take a page from the southern girls' guide: in a sugary sweet voice say something ridiculously nice. OMG thank you SOOO much!

Awww, that's so NICE of you to say!

You stop being so sweet to me!

You're making me BLUSH!!

This fucks with bitchy people SOOOO bad. Especially if you say it loud enough for other people to hear, for added benefit drag other people into the conversation.