Any SM's get their tubes tied??
  • Emmasmom04Emmasmom04
    I am seriously considering it. I do only have 1 child, but I really don't want another. I am sure of that.  My question is, since you have had it- have you gained a ton of weight?   I don't mind taking the pill everyday as birth control, but it has made me gain so much weight=(  I just want to get some opinions because there is no point to me getting the surgery if I am only going to gain more... I guess it would be better for me to figure out another option.
  • HorridWenchHorridWench
    I don't have my tubes tied but I would assume it wouldnt make you gain weight.. what the f*** do I know..lol..hope you get some answers >:D<
    "She Dances in a Ring of Fire and Throws Off the Challenge, With a Shrug" - Jim Morrison
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    Getting your tubes tied has no effect on weight gain.
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• KatDragonKatDragon
    I had mine during my csection so I was already fat. No extra weight after though.
    "Fantastic!" 9th Doctor
  • missbeing_a_deadheadmissbeing_a_deadhead
    I had the Essure procedure. Its permanent sterilization that is less invasion. Less than a day recovery & no cutting. I was put under but I have heard other people were not. No weight gain & no babies & I had it done 3.5 yrs ago.
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    I had my tubes tied when I had my last kid. I can't tell you if I gained weight with it or not because well I was pregnant when I had it done. Then well , a little known fact , people who lose a child tend to gain weight the year after. So I gained then. Sorry.
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    Like @momofdbb, I've gained (& lost & gained etc.) weight since having my tubes tied.

But, it wasn't from the tying of my tubes.

Sterilization isn't a procedure that requires taking hormones. (unless you have all your ladies only insides removed/ovaries etc.) So if anything, you could lose weight. Unless you gain from overeating, stress etc... you should be fine.
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• meandmy243meandmy243
    Umm no weight gain persay from my tubes being tied.. from being lazy... yes...
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • just_kimjust_kim
    Had my tubes tied after i had my third kid. Lost weight from having the kid... :-)
    No effects at all weight-wise
  • sojo
    Had my tubes tied a very long time ago (close to 20 years ago...).  No negative side effects at all - and no weight gain and I have to say, it's pretty liberating when you know you can't get pregnant. 
  • Dragonbabyx3Dragonbabyx3
    I had Essure done 5 years ago... And wish I had never done it. Not saying its a reason for weight gain due to no hormones... But I get a lot of pain bending over and such... I wouldn't reccomend it... But everyone's experience is different!
  • Emmasmom04Emmasmom04
    Thanks ladies. I was trying to do a little research on it and it seemed like a lot of women were saying they gained a bunch after having it- but it could be from a variety of reasons
  • PurpleFlowersPurpleFlowers
    I had mine tied 10 years ago. Nope, no weight gain as a side effect.
    Stay away from my chocolate and nobody gets hurt!

I think I like who I am becoming...
  • toadintheholetoadinthehole
    Whats the recovery time? i'm waiting, should be done in 6 weeks and have a3yo & 13 week old
    "mummy I love your testicles" - mini-toadinthehole aged 3.5 years
  • Dragonbabyx3Dragonbabyx3
    It really depends on what method you choose. I can only talk about the Essure, and I know directly after having it done I was at the store shopping! That was the plus!