It's the 95th of Forevuary and I feel like bitching about it
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike

This winter will never. Fucking. End. I'm convinced of it. And we still have March to get through. And I have that shit-cannon-swivelling-in-my-direction feeling that I haven't had since four years ago, just before DD got sick. Blugh.

winter car

Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • shate98shate98
    say it with me: one more month! then it's spring. :)
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • RosamundiRosamundi
    ((((Hugs))))

Drink a piña colada and watch Blue Hawaii. Fixes the winter doldrums all up. <3
  • Tranquil
    I am so sick of winter. I'm in Ontario and I've seen just about enough white stuff. Seriously. It can end anytime now.
  • Tranquil
    Oh and see my profile pic? Ya, I'm in the wrong part of the world lol
    I'm seriously going to print out an avalanche warning sign and stick it in the gargantuan snowbank on my front lawn.

Also, I have icicle tits.

What would probably make me feel better:

What I'm actually going to do:

Because:

• LesboMomLesboMom
    You make me laugh. You are in the same boat as my wife!!! 

confessional-manager

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. -- Helen Keller
    Yeah, bring on the allergies! I can take Aerius for them but there's no pill for winter.
  • GritsGrits
    We're in a crappy part of the country for winter. Sometimes it's super cold, sometimes mild with temps near 60, but it is perpetually rainy and gray. It's going to be cold and damp all damn week. I'm so ready for the sunshine. I want to live somewhere where it's only spring or fall. No winter or summer. But I think the rest of my crew would hate that...so here we are.

May the spring breezes head your way soon to blow away your winter blues!
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • KrabbyKay
    Sooooo....I should *not* take pix of my apricot tree breaking bud then, huh??? Or my hyacinths or my daffodils or.....
    @KrabbyKay, I mean this in the nicest possible way...bite me. :D
  • SchweddyBallsSchweddyBalls
    @KrabbyKay.......that's just mean!!!!!!
    I too will refrain from sharing info......like I went to the store yesterday, wearing shorts and flops, to buy popcicles.......
    I'm the nicest person you will ever meet, UNTIL you fuck with me or the betches I love.......
    A pox on you and your shorts and flip flops, @SchweddyBalls.
  • KrabbyKay
    ^^^^LMAO
  • hipmama

I feel you sister, I'm in the GTA and we got hammered last night (and not in the good way )  I want spring , or I want fluffy snow, not this wet shit that weighs a ton to shovel...

• MollyGrahamMollyGraham
    Trying to find the silver lining in all this snow we've gotten lately. We've been in such a severe drought here that the city is talking about limiting watering to only a couple of times a month this summer. :( So I just tell myself how badly we need any form of moisture and try to hang in there. @hipmama send your wet stuff here and I'll send you our snow made out of nothing but air. :)
    Normal people never change the world.
  • shate98shate98
    I got all excited because I'm going to Florida on Friday to see my bestie. The temps have been in the 70s-80s. But when I get there? Low 60s with lows in the 40s. Damnit. Not the tropical paradise I was hoping for. Still packing my bikini anyway.
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • NorthernMommyNorthernMommy
    I can see daylight at the end of the tunnel!  It's going to be winter until the end of April for us, but the sun is amazing, and up at 700 in the morning and down after 600 at night!  Sunshine makes all the difference in the world, but I can't wait until new baby is born and spring really is here!
  • mchemm2010
    We didn't get a real winter :( it wasn't nice weater though. Rain. Lots of rain and wind. Washington sucks
  • AceofSpades
    In central NY, you never know when winter will end. Last April, we had a monstrous, freak hail storm on April 26th. Like golf ball sized hail balls (HA! balls... sorry, I've had some Kahlua already). And my crocuses all got smashed to bits. I never, ever, put the motorcycle on the road until May because you can never trust April. There is always one more freak blizzard that buries you just when you thought it was officially BBQ season 
    "Tough times pass, but tough bitches last"

"I wish I could squirrel, but alas, I cannot"
    I just want to be able to get outside and walk (or better yet, bike! YAY!) without freezing my ass off and/or breaking my neck on the ice and/or having to trudge through snow and slush.
  • AceofSpades
    We had a warm day yesterday and to my delight and surprise, DH actually SUGGESTED taking the kids out for a stroll. I almost fell over in shock lol
    "Tough times pass, but tough bitches last"

"I wish I could squirrel, but alas, I cannot"
  • sunnymommasunnymomma
    21 days!!!!! until spring! 
    I am me, and I am loved
  • onetimeonetime
    Oh I'm with you mama!!!
    Suck it up buttercup!
  • WillileeWillilee
    I love winter! Hooray! We haven't gotten one worth a damn in a couple of years. When it gets to be August in VA, you will be able to hear me bitching at your house. Wherever that might be. Through my sealed-up house walls and over my roaring A/C.
  • BookaddictBookaddict
    Every time DH & I have the "maybe we should move closer to my family in Ohio" discussion, I remember winter. DH is from SoCal and had never seen snow actually fall from the sky until we went to Ohio in January last year (my dad's funeral, otherwise I would not have been there during that time of the year).

I get cranky when the high is below 70 or the sun isn't shining. Which is why I'm never leaving SoCal.
    I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. ~Anna Quindlen, "Enough Bookshelves," New York Times, 7 August 1991
  • scotiamama
    I fucking hate winter. Soooooo over it. Hate boots and scarves and big coats and scraping ice off the car, shoveling, driving in it. I cant wait for flip flop season
  • Make winter end! This week is the first full week the kids have had school since Christmas Bc of snow days & holidays! Fuck winter! We burn wood for our primary heat so we have been loading up Woodrow since Sept & I don't see amend it sight! Winter is a lot of mother fucking work! & yes we named our woodstove lol! The kids are going crazy too! We have been inside for too long! I actually am looking forward to yard work lol! Shoveling snow does not count!

I want to wear my flip flops!
  • Looks like that posted twice....sorry about that!

And if should say* I don't see an end in sight!

Typing on a kindle really sux!
  • KatDragonKatDragon
    I wore my flip flops yesterday. It was awesome! Not looking forward to the rain next week. :D
    "Fantastic!" 9th Doctor
  • KrabbyKay
    I wore a short sleeve shirt today and in a different thread mentioned how I was WATERING the FLOWERS (which are not bloomed yet) and a HUMMINGBIRD decided to hang around me!!!
  • CrashCrash
    There are still two feet of packed snow out there. Probably 6 inches of packed ice on the laneway. I'd be unimpressed, but spring has to come eventually, right?

Right?
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • KrabbyKay
    Laneway? Is that like a taxiway or a runway?
  • Manders15Manders15
    I can't stand winter!!!! Would love to move down South but DF isn't for the idea, hmmph!
  • CrashCrash
    It's like a driveway, but really really long. Lol. My husband plows it with the quad and a blade, but it's never been scraped down to the pavement.
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• katz_meowkatz_meow
    Willilee said:

I love winter! Hooray! We haven't gotten one worth a damn in a couple of years. When it gets to be August in VA, you will be able to hear me bitching at your house. Wherever that might be. Through my sealed-up house walls and over my roaring A/C.

Same here @Willilee. In pittsburgh. I love snow, the more the better, but I can live without freezing rain. And August? Well I *would* say it can disappear altogether, except both my and my son's birthdays are in August.
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • DovahkiinDovahkiin
    I have a Feb weather bitch too. Summer ended yesterday. Well, it was supposed to be summer. What happened to weeks of relentless heat? What's with the rain, and why am I cold? Wtf world?
    Stroke the furry wall
  • PenguinsMommaPenguinsMomma
    We are having what i believe is our last cold snap in Florida. Crazy insane heat will be starting soon....damnit i love winter! Its the only time of year i have a chance of not dying from heat stroke while walking to work.
  • undercoverbanana
    I am sick of the weird ass south Texas weather.....close to seventy during the day, almost freezing at night. But not cold enough to kill fucking fleas and mosquitoes. Every time I think about planting in my garden, we get some weird ass cold snap. Nature sucks.
    i'm nekkid.
    Here's the view out my front window. Can you spot the parked car?

• Luvlyssa
    I see it @fatchickonabike :( 

I'm so over winter... have been since October ;) I'm not a cold weather person. I hate when I'm cold. It PISSES ME THE FUCK OFF. 

Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
  • just_mejust_me
    @fatchickonabike OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THERES A CAR UNDER THERE! LOL That's insane!
    I can't be perfect all the time...so give it up already!
    @just_me, it actually wasn't under the snow, it was just parked on the other side of the ginormous snowbank that used to be my front lawn. And will be again one day, according to prophecy.
  • CinnaCinna
    I'm in Texas...I'm waiting for Summer to end. It was 80* today :(
    Two hearts! Oh baby I'm beating out a samba!