When did your lo stop napping?
  • BeachyBeachy
    My youngest will be 3 on June and lately she is skipping her nap. My oldest slept 24/7 her first 8 months of life due to health issues and after her surgery was done with sleep. She only slept at night so I know nothing of naps. My youngun has always napped but now just wants to play. I am still lying her down but she gets up to play. When do kids stop napping?
    Searching for my lost shaker of salt.
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    Ds13 stopped at 9 months... ds6 was almost 5...
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • RinRin
    My 5 yr old would still nap but all day kindergarten put a stop to that, my 4 yr old still naps in pre k, but on the weekend i don't let him nap because in the fall he will be going to all day kindergarten as well and he needs to get used to not napping.
    "There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart.. .pursue those"
  • LiquidPeppermintLiquidPeppermint
    DD2 has just stopped napping most days.  She'll still nap if we do something very physical in the morning, then go for a long drive.  But if we're just at home on a regular routine, naps have become a thing of the past.  She's not quite 28 months.

I, on the other hand, could use a nap around 2 every afternoon.
  • RagingRachRagingRach
    DD stopped soon after she turned 3. Got her off the paci and that was the end of naps.
  • SpringSpring
    Two years and about 7 or 8 months. I remember going on vacation when she was 2 and 9 months and she wasn't napping anymore. We were used to it by then so I know it was shortly sometime before that.
    "Sometimes I question my sanity. Sometimes it replies."
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    Sounds about right...mine stopped napping a little over 3, she'll takes the one every 5-6 days now. :(
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • BeachyBeachy

I, on the other hand, could use a nap around 2 every afternoon.

Lol! Me too! But, I use that time for homework so I hope this isn't the end!
  • GrainneGrainne
    A few months before they turned 2 :(
  • SpringSpring
    I swear every time I see this thread I think it says 'nagging' instead of napping. I'm like, well, we're going on four and a half years now...
  • stinkersmommystinkersmommy
    Abt 2 I wanted to cry !!!
  • Tranquil
    Ds3 still naps during the week, but not really on the weekend anymore :(.
  • tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    Jameson was about 2.5.. he was pushing his bed time later and later so I just stopped 'offering' him a nap and he's slept great at night since.  I do have to make sure to give him quiet time for a good hour in the middle of the day or he's an absolute wreck come 4 or 5pm.  (a tv show, movie etc..).
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • BeachyBeachy
    Darnit! I was hoping napping kept going until kindergarten!
    Thanks ladies
  • PDXcocoPDXcoco
    My DD3 is still going strong with naps. Usually 2.5 hours at school during the week and 2 hours at home.
  • skooshkaskooshka
    I am hoping that napping continues until he is 18. :)
  • BeachyBeachy
    Lol @skooshka!
  • mommyof2_76
    My son stopped napping around 2. My DD1 has been napping less and less time.
  • SammieSammie
    Regular naps stopped around 2.5 with Bug. She would still nap occasionally, but on her terms and only after a busier than normal day. This is also the time where we started experiencing what we call "the witching hour". Basically what @tothemoonandback described, by the time 5 rolls around, she's an emotional, cranky mess. This still happens now that she recently turned 3. It's like she still NEEDS the nap, but absolutely refuses it, minus the rare occasion after nursery school or when she's not feeling good. The whining is sometimes enough to make me CRAZY!!

community-manager

• LittleTalksLittleTalks
    My dd is three in June too (what date is yours?). She still does around two hours a day. She'll occasionally skip it but not very often. If she doesn't want to sleep she has to stay in her room for at least half an hour having quiet time. She goes to bed early on days she doesn't have naps.
  • SpringSpring
    Oh but @beachy, just because naptime has passed, rest time has not. She still at 4.5 has to lay in her bed or stay in her room for the length of one movie that plays on her speakers. Also, I just remembered my best friend's mom when we were kids had Sunday naptime. We could come over after church but knew we'd have to take part in naptime. Even in high school. :) she wanted the quiet time. We'd just lay on her bed and talk.
  • cheesehead4ever
    Napping went until kindergarten for both of my girls. Sometimes I could get my oldest to nap during the summer while her sister was napping due to the fact that she was staying up later since there wasn't school. I just wanted the time to get stuff done!
  • BlueMama
    Sammie said:

Regular naps stopped around 2.5 with Bug. She would still nap occasionally, but on her terms and only after a busier than normal day. This is also the time where we started experiencing what we call "the witching hour". Basically what @tothemoonandback described, by the time 5 rolls around, she's an emotional, cranky mess. This still happens now that she recently turned 3. It's like she still NEEDS the nap, but absolutely refuses it, minus the rare occasion after nursery school or when she's not feeling good. The whining is sometimes enough to make me CRAZY!!

You just described my son, only he's three. We just stopped naps, and I am not sure who has it harder, him or ME? ;) The witching hour is THE WORST. Sometimes it last several hours. Ugh.
  • cheesehead4ever
    I forgot to mention that until my oldest started school, she didn't go to bed until 8 or 9 because DH had a lot of evening meetings. Otherwise she wouldnt get to see him some nights. That might have been why it was easier to get her to nap.