What are your "beauty must-haves"?
  • booseneca

Until recently I used the basic names in cosmetics and facial care products....Cover Girl, Maybelline, Loreal..etc...but then I got my tax returns (hee hee) and decided I could afford to indulge in some of the "finer" names in products. I purchased the Clinique 3 step face wash, toner and moisturizer, and Estee Lauder foundation and powder. I am so hooked! I don't feel the slightest bit guilty for splurging because these will last me at least 6 months.

What are some of your favorite products..that really WORK? I love trying new things and would like to hear what you ladies have discovered you cant live without!! This can include perfumes, diet products, whatever....works for you!!

• SalllyWingo
    Anything Cetephil works for me!  And I cannot leave home without Maybelline mascara.  I carry a wand in my purse!
  • Bigbird77Bigbird77
    Love my Bumble & Bumble shampoo and conditioner. I have long thick hair and Bumble& Bumble makes my hair much more manageable.
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    Clinique I think it is, has this thing for puffy eyes and dark circles. Its in a pink tube thingy and has a roller ball in it. I use it evert day.

I've found that more expensive cosmetics do usually mean better. I have to watch what I put on my face, I get rashes or break out from the cheapie drug store stuff, but I've been able to use lancome, clinique and estee lauder so far with no problems at all. Plus it seems to last longer, so while you may spend a bit more initially, there IS value to it.
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • booseneca
    I HATE Cliniques mascara!! I love Maybelline mascara too! I also just got the most amazing hair dryer! Its a Centrix 5000 haha...that sucker will blow your face off! It literally takes me under 5 min to my hair and its so shiny! I have heard great things about bumble and bumble but haven't tried it yet!
  • booseneca
    I love Lancôme but it is so expensive!
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    Benefit They're Real mascara Boscia BB Cream tinted moisturizer...nice and light weight, great coverage.

Most anything Shu Uemura.
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    Definicils mascara from lancome is the best I've ever used. I love it!

Don't be a dick.
  • tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    Lancome is made by L'oreal.. so a lot of the L'oreal products work just as well.

I seem to buy the same stuff constantly and it's not very expensive.  If I were to really splurge I would probably spend money on a really good moisturizer and primer.. the rest looks fine even if it's the cheap stuff, in my experience.  And I use the NYC mascara in the orange tube, best I have ever tried yet, never clumpy, you really only need one coat, and defines each and every lash!
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • OUCHOUCH
    Everything I use is Mary Kay brand. I love the MK Targeted Action eye revitalizer, Lash Love mascara, the microdermabrasion, the satin lips mask and balm, and the cleanser and moisturizer. Those are my main 'can't live withouts' but I like everything I have tried so I've never used anything else. 
    "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate." - UNK
    "The amazing thing about life is that you choose what you allow into it, you choose how things affect you, you choose how you react. Happiness is a choice. Make it." - UNK
    "Tattoos don't define the person, the person defines the tattoos." - Me
    “The pain now is part of the happiness then” – CS Lewis
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    Lets see my goody hair brush and black hair ties... ponds foaming face washing and oil of olay facial wash in the blue bottle... my aussie cleanse and mend shampoo and conditioner... and johnson and johnson spot treatment... when i actually wear make up i wear covergirl true match conceler and foundation though i physicians formula concealer pallet for when my face us really splotchy (and suprisingly i know how to use it) i use garnier caffine magic wand for my under eye circles (keep it in the fridge) i use outlast lipstick in plum raisin.. i have naturally dark purple lips its hard to pull red off since they quit making the lip primer im not allergic too.. i use almay eye pallete it natural browns and maybelene last blast in kohl black and eye liner in brown.
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • CinnaCinna
    I HAVE to have my MAC concealer powder and mascara. It seems to be the only brand that works well on me. The rest I use anything.
    Two hearts! Oh baby I'm beating out a samba!
  • secretlysecretly
    I love Mac everything!
  • WabiSabiLife
    Cover girl mascara, earth sciences A-D-E creamy face wash and Weleda almond facial lotion. All other things are negotiable.
  • squishsquish
    I love clinique's concealer. It's the only one that comes close to my fair skin tone with being too orange. I use sephora powder foundation for the same reason. I found that though I spend more, I don't use as much so I buy makeup less often, maybe once every 3-4 months.
  • TheHeadacheslayer
    You can more of my faves on my beauty blog, manicuredslayer.blogspot.com

LOVE my Clairsonic. I gave my daughter my Mia when I upgraded (this one has the body brush) BEST investment for my fave, ever.

Kate Somerville. Her stuff WORKS, esp on my newfound adult acne (worse in same ways then when I was a teen). I have almost every product, but most of the acne line. I have to be religious with it, but it's awesome and a little goes a long way.

Don't laugh....but one of my favorite kits is the FabuLIPS by Bliss. Yes. I realize this makes me insanely high maintenance. Again, a little goes a LONG way.

Nails--Butter London Nail Fertilizer (base coat). I literally will see a difference in my nails in one week.

Polish--Deborah Lippmann, Cult Nails, KBShimmer, Julep, and almost every damn polish from shop.llarowe.com (she is a SWEETHEART).

Tokyo Milk and MOR make AMAZING lotions and they smell divine!

Perfume..MOR, Pink Sugar, Jo Malone, Harvey Prince (some of theirs are "man magnets")

Too Faced Beauty, Urban Decay, Tokidoki, Indie brands--Meow, Fyrinnae

Favorite beauty stores--Sephora, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, HSN

Um why yes I am a beauty ho, why do you ask? LOL 
    :\">

Seriously ask away, I could talk about beauty stuff FOREVER.
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    I didn't put my Clarisonic, but yeah, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that little beauty tool. I wish I had bought it when it first came out, I'd probably have a lot fewer wrinkles now!
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • booseneca
    Ok what is Clarisonic? Is that the little round brush thing that spins?
  • booseneca
    I have heard so much about Sephora....I would like to try their stuff. I did not know that Lancôme made loreal!! That's so cool because I love their products!!
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    @booseneca: yes, the Clarisonic is the face brush, but get that one, not a lower priced copy...they are NOT all the same!

And yep, L'Oreal is buying up everybody it seems. They also bought Shu Uemura and while it's still a great product, I've noticed it's not the same as it once was.
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • Lucy03
    I can't live without my Proactive face wash and repair lotion. I've been using it for almost 10 years and my skin has never looked better. For my frizzy/curly hair i can't live without Moroccanoil treatment. That paired with my straightening iron is a necessity for taming my locks!
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    Just remembered my perfume. I love love love clinique happy, estee lauder pleasures, and alfred sung forever. Except they don't make it anymore. Last bottle I bought was on ebay about a year agi. No idea if i'll ever be able to find it again. Boo :-(

Don't be a dick.
  • WillileeWillilee
    @TheHeadacheSlayer, I am going to look for that Butter London Nail Fertilizer. I have been looking for something to help my weak, sad-ass nails for a long time and nothing works.

I use Cover Girl powder and shadow stick, and Maybelline stiletto mascara. Works good. I think I am getting old and either senile or blind because my powder used to last me 6 months and I feel like I ripped right through this one. Hope I'm not looking like a spackled clown!

@Katz_meow, I just gave up new clothes for 6 months so i could boost my stock of my perfume JUST IN CASE. I will never divulge to anyone what it is because I love it to death and I have never run into anyone else who wears it. If I put it on at work in the locker room, people always say OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT, IT IS AMAZING. Back off, bitches! DH said he will always think of me whenever he smells it.
  • BlueMama
    Totally agree with @toothemoonandback. If you are going to spend money, moisturizer, primer (and also foundation) are the places to do it. Those are the very makeup basics that affect your skin the most. A bunch of tests have shown that more expensive ingredients tend to be better for your skin in those type of products. 

I have very sensitive skin and know this is true. I can never use drugstore moisturizer on my face or else I'll break out and then my skin will get super-tight. Same with regular foundations. It's kind of annoying because I hate dropping $50 for special face cream but it really does help. 

Oh, and for fighting wrinkles and also moisturizing sensitive skin, MD Forte has a great line. It's available online.

• amandymichelleamandymichelle
    Jauer tinted moisturizer! Urban decay eye shadow and lipgloss. Thierry Mugler and Ed Hardy perfume. Although shamefully I am tempted to buy Justin Bieber's perfume...it smells delish. And I faithfully get my nails done every 2 weeks. I may have a fat roll from my baby but I'm not giving up on my beauty supplies!
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    @Willilee: try ProStong...it's given me nails for the first time in my life...except when I was pregnant...
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • BeachyBeachy
    Lol @willilee (I love your name btw, I always hope it's your real name bc it's so cool) I wear Tommy Girl (my fil used to call me Tommy, he couldn't say Tammy, lol, so when it came out my dh bought some for me) and have for years and everyone always says how great I smell! I do tell them bc I know perfume reacts diff on diff people.
    Searching for my lost shaker of salt.
  • LilyByTheSeaLilyByTheSea
    I can't live without my Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero.  It's the PERFECT black eyeliner.  So what if it's $18?  A girl had to look pretty, right?

I also love using Bare Minerals - my skin never looked better.  It's just so expensive and messy though.  $27 a jar and it only lasts about 4 months. 

My current perfume obsession is Very Hollywood by Michael Kors.  They don't carry it at any local stores anymore, so the only place I can find it is the outlet mall which is 45 minutes away. 

My favorite face scrub I just make at home - fresh squeezed lemon and white sugar.  Makes your skin feel like a baby's butt, and you can eat the left overs.  What's not to love?
  • sidsmommy3sidsmommy3
    Cover girl eyeliner and great lash mascara!
    Mary :-)

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Marionettevie
    there is this type of twisty eyeliner that is AWESOME but i cannot remember the name, they sell it at sallys and i think it mentions some doctors name on the box. and i LOVE the tinted chapstick from victorias secret. LOVE IT! and i like estee lauders blush and pencil liners for lips and eyes.
  • bombkittybombkitty
    I have a Chi straightening iron that is a must-have for my thick, wavy hair.  I am in the process of changing make up brands, we're moving back to the States in 9 DAYS!  First stop, Sephora!  I am out of my favorite perfume, Pink Sugar.  In the summer, I wear Aveda Sand Verbena (discontinued, I have to search for it on eBay) and Tommy Girl.  I'm using Aveeno Daily Radiance moisturizer.  I used to use Clinique and loved it, they are just not available here. I love, love, love Biolage shampoo and the conditioning balm is awesome.  
    I will have to try the bumble and bumble shampoos, I have heard good things about them.
  • TheHeadacheslayer
    @Katz_meow, there are alot of perfume sites out there, you might be able to find a dupe (copycat) or something really close. Sometimes when I find something I LOVE I buy a backup immediately.

@Willilee PLEASE???? Or tell me in PM? I promise not to tell :D

I forgot to add Theirry Mugler....OMG. Angel is....awesome. I will admit to also buying Katy Perry's perfumes and Taylor Swifts LOL The bottles are so pretty!!!! Also Juicy Couture. Just splurged on Guerlain, Estee Lauder, and Betsy Johnson. I need to have DH build me a "spice rack" for my perfumes! Oh I also have Lady Gaga's black perfume. And the True Blood Forsaken.Victoria's Secret Rapture is still one of my faves (This coming from a person who gets migraines from perfume ROFL)

@Amandymichelle JBs perfume bottles are SO CUTE! I think I got a sample of one and yeah it was nice.

@Lilybythesea  you can get some really AWESOME makeup for alot cheaper. I know most of the beauty bloggers I read (some are professionals) really don't like Bare Minerals. Take a peek at Meow Cosmetics and Fyrinnae. Also OverallBeauty.com (she is also a sweetheart). My fave is Meow. Plus you can get samples to try before you buy.

And that's one reason I love the FabuLIPS set--it's all edible (you are putting it on your lips!) and they feel amazing after.

@Bombkitty they just came out with Gold Sugar but it's just....ok. I also have the Pink Sugar Sensual and it's nice. But yeah, even my son LOVES Pink Sugar!! KBShimmer makes a soap that smells just like it mmmmm! That is one perfume I can wear just about any time with no problems.

Sephora is a girl's best friend LOL. Totally my crack.

Forgot to mention that I LOVE Ecotools bamboo makeup brushes and their bamboo gloves/socks. GREAT for doing a moisture treatment for your hands or feet!

See, I could keep this thread going as long as the Bitch Board lol
  • TParisxxTParisxx
    Any mascara and toofaced lip plumping lip gloss. Even if that's all you have time to put on, loooove the gloss and being pouty :-*
  • KeepstaringKeepstaring
    I am allergic to most beauty product so it's pretty basic here. I already told my SIL she will be in charge of learning my girls everything about make up

I absolutely need my Atoderm body and facelotion and dermalex shower oil otherwise my skin just cracks and I get eczema and start looking like the elephantman LOL

I splurge on hairproducts instead, love KSM shampoo and conditioner. I mostly go for the Paco Rabane perfumes, it's one of the only brand that I like on me. I love a lot of perfumes on other people, but when I try them I'm like 'Yuk, I smell like a liquor store/bad insence/wet dog etc' What is the deal with that???
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
  • irishlassirishlass
    I adore this thread!!! Clinique foundation is awesome, however for me it doesn't stay on unless I have benefit primer underneath. I also adore clinique's pore minimiser. Perfect primer! Clinique mascara is rubbish!
    I have a couple of benefit sets, I generally use some tinted moisturiser, and the benefit set! I think its called 'her name was glowla' I also looove 'come fly with me' I think its called!

I too am a perfume WHORE!! I actually really love britney's perfumes. And tommy girl, and they don't do it anymore but rock 'n rose by valentino. And lady gaga's new one. And I have loads I can't even think about! I have different ones for diff occassions. I have a 'work' one. Its the body shop. gentle and light and floral. I have a lemony one for when I'm feeling a bit aggressive lol
    "Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
  • mamafinmamafin
    L'occitane

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I have a really dry and sensitive skin
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • booseneca
    Ok what does Pink Sugar smell like??!! Everyone seems to adore it and it sounds like something I would Love!! What are the notes in it? Is it warm and" vanilla-y".....I love sensual smells most of the time. I love Givenchy Very Irresistable, Armani Code, Cashmere mist....and waaaay back in the day I used to wear Venezia. They stopped selling it in the US but I think u can still get it online. (That shit is sooo sexxxy smelling)!!
  • booseneca
    @ irishlass...I LOVE IT!! ("When im feeling aggressive!!") hahahahaha! That made me laugh so hard!! Love it!!
  • booseneca
    Holy Hell ladies....thanks to you girls I was up until 3am on Sephoras site! My lord I'm gonna do some serious damage on there! Problem is....I want it all! I want UD eyeshadow sets, the brush sets, the rose face mask, ughhhhhh.....You girls have created a MONSTER!! ^:)^
  • Bigbird77Bigbird77
    @booseneca I love UD eye liner. Colors are great and it goes on really smooth.
  • DemandaDemanda
    Have to agree with @bellabefana on the mascara. Love "they're real." Also benefit primer, although they were out last time so I picked up Urban Decay's and am liking it so far.
    Too Faced eyeshadow kits are awesome. Benefit powderflage is pretty awesome too. I used to use their Erase Paste concealer quite a bit, but am finding that my L'Oreal BB cream offers me enough coverage most days. But if anyone is looking for a kick ass effective concealer, give that one a try!
    For perfume, I wear Nude by Stella McCartney. It's nice because I can put it on at 8:00 am and not feel like a $2 whore. Some scents are best reserved for night time haha
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket
  • booseneca
    Ohhhh boyyy! Ok I ended up getting the UD Naked 2 eyeshadow set, the brush set that comes in a black cylander case, Pink Sugar, and then I qualified for a bunch of samples! Yaaay! I love the fact they reward you for spending a fortune!! Hahaha! Thanks girls...I couldn't have done this without you and your great advice! I am so excited to see these things in person!! I love this thread!!
  • KrabbyKay
    @TheHeadacheslyer OF COURSE you love Rapture!!! Because so do I! But Divine is my favorite.
  • mchemm2010
    My skin is super sensitive. So my foundation is bareminerals . i love Mary Kay satin hands. i shop a lot at sephora. I LOVE MAC but I really can't afford it. :/ I've had to cut back quite a bit on my beauty products since we had our second kid.
  • AlbertaMomAlbertaMom
    Love the beauty blender sponge, smashbox bb cream, dior show mascara. Also sexy mother pucker lip gloss.
  • bombkittybombkitty
    booseneca said:

Ok what does Pink Sugar smell like??!! Everyone seems to adore it and it sounds like something I would Love!! What are the notes in it? Is it warm and" vanilla-y".....I love sensual smells most of the time. I love Givenchy Very Irresistable, Armani Code, Cashmere mist....and waaaay back in the day I used to wear Venezia. They stopped selling it in the US but I think u can still get it online. (That shit is sooo sexxxy smelling)!!

It smells kind of vanilla when you put it on, but after a bit it's kind of a cotton candy-burnt sugar smell.  I can't adequately describe it but I get compliments on it all the time and my hubs loves it.
  • ScaryMommyScaryMommy
    I'm sure most of you already know about my love affair with Ouidad products. Best curly hair products out there. And Moroccon oil. Expensive, but the best.