Formula judgment.
  • OxiMOMOxiMOM
    Slight vent. We buy generic store brand formula its half the price of name brand same ingredients same nutrition ect. Its cheaper because store brand dosent spend a ton on advertising/samples ect.

I researched I compared ingredients ect its exatly the same only 12.00 vs 24.00 for a weeks worth. The govt regulates the makeup of all formula ITS ALL THE SAME except additives for different types of formula gental vs regular ect.

So were shopping last night and I get Colin's store brand formula the gental variety that he does well on. After we paid and bagged as we were leaving I over heard the front end manager say what I fed my son was crap. Now this woman knows me she was one of my old managers and we do not get along at all never have.

It shouldn't bother me because I know what I'm feeding him is just fine and that she is just a bitch. But I wanted to turn around and tell her to go get the name brand and my brand read the damn contents and STFU. Don't fucking judge what I feed my kids when you have no clue what ur talking about.

She never fails to have something snarky to say to me. I hate misrable bitches who run their mouth about shit they don't know. DH heard it too and was pretty upset as well. She's the idiot for spending double what she needed to when her kids were on formula.
  • SalllyWingo
    If I was you, I would have demanded that she bring down the STORE manager (aka her boss) and tell him what she had the nerve to say to you.  In fact - I would call or go in and report her ASAP.  
  • OxiMOMOxiMOM
    I may call corporate I have before on the store manager like the dude who is in charge of everyone for shit talking a co worker too her face in front of shoppers. He got in some deep shit with corporate over that.
  • SalllyWingo
    It is definitely worth following up on. She had absolutely NO right to say that AND as a manager, should be setting a good example & promoting her in house brands, since they make the biggest margin.  (feel free to use that:) )
  • OxiMOMOxiMOM
    Yeah she's just a bitch to me. Before I had Mikey I was promised her position when I came back from mat leave. Well te day before I had him the manager who had promised me the position was transferred and the new one who came in hired her for the position so when I came back she was my "boss" someone told her that I was promised her job and she suddenly became a dick to me. I transferred stores because of her and because the store i to was closer. but 4 months later she transferred to the store I was at.

I didn't even want her position any more but she acted like I was out to take her job. I freaking hate work place drama. And I don't work any more so its time for her to chill out. I'm gonna call Monday and make a complaint.
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    Yeah, I'd make a complaint too. That was totally uncalled for. If your baby is growing properly, he's clearly getting the nutrition he needs...none of her business how.

I would have sent something snarky right back, like "the minute you lower Similac prices to match these, I'll be happy to buy the name brand, until then SFU!"
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • SpringSpring
    People are ignorant. DH and I just had this conversation last night. So many people think expensive= higher quality. When it doesn't necessarily mean that at all. Just like anything, you gotta research to really know. I hate when I have and know the truth and others stick their noses up at my better choice.
    "Sometimes I question my sanity. Sometimes it replies."
  • OxiMOMOxiMOM
    Ill admit with Mikey. I only bought name brand for the first 9 months and scoffed at store brand. Till we were broke one week then I looked online about formula and. What made store/name brand different and compared the two side by side and made the switch. So I once was a formula snob. Colin has been on store brand since I stopped breast feeding and ran out of samples.
  • pennypenny
    I was a formula snob, but mainly because all the store brands I tried stained like crazy and had huge amounts of gas, to the point when we mixed up the jug for the next day it would pop the top off. But I was still only a snob for my own kid, and didn't give a crap what other people fed theirs, as long as it worked for them.

Call and make a complaint. There is no excuse for saying something like that where a customer can overhear.
  • horsehotti
    Ugh I was told by my pediatrician that they were the same. They are even made by the same companies as the name brand. Deffinitly call and complain!!
  • serenitynowserenitynow

i also used to buy and will buy generic formula. for half the cost, same ingredients and usually more formula, i can't believe i bought name brand as long as i did.

you shoulda just turned around and chucked the can of formula at her. then said, "looks like that crap does the same thing the name brand would do."...........but calling her boss would be a good idea too.

• AceofSpades
    @serenitynow lol I like your style lady!

I used Wegman's brand formula for both of my kids. $13 bucks for a big can on sale. Can't beat that.
    "Tough times pass, but tough bitches last"

"I wish I could squirrel, but alas, I cannot"
  • MomaFive

Ugh I was told by my pediatrician that they were the same. They are even made by the same companies as the name brand.

a lot of things are like that - in Canada there's a brand called Schneiders (meat product) they have frozen chicken wings and also make the frozen chicken wings for our store's house brand (at about 1/2 the cost)
    OxiMOM said:

Ill admit with Mikey. I only bought name brand for the first 9 months and scoffed at store brand. Till we were broke one week then I looked online about formula and. What made store/name brand different and compared the two side by side and made the switch. So I once was a formula snob. Colin has been on store brand since I stopped breast feeding and ran out of samples.

I didn't have to use formula with DD8 as a babe (thank goodness - got to save the $$ there), but I did use formula with DD3. I remember struggling to first 3 or 4 months making ends meet until I did that exact research and found that the store brand was the same. My ped once asked me what I was feeding her and she simply remarked, "good, you can keep your costs down 'cos she's quiet the eater" LoL
  • cheesehead4ever
    I used the name brand with first DD only because I discovered that we qualified for WIC. Once I heard we would get free formula I was all for it since I was unable to breastfeed.
    Second DD I compared the Walmart brand and Similac and couldn't find one difference. So it was definitely generic for me.
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    I used the store brand too. I used the brand only when I had WIC . Stbxh complained that I should use the brand name and I told him read the labels ! He read them and put the brand name back on the shelf ! Lol
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • Marionettevie
    i think if she doesnt like you even if you were buying the expensive formula she would have something nasty to say anyway.. and if she is a bf advocate even more so. fuck that bitch.
  • BeachyBeachy
    Who cares about the formula? She was just being hateful. (But I totally agree about generic). I would file a complaint, and air any complaint on a public forum like yp.com. She is representing the company, she needs to learn decorum. It shouldn't matter if you once worked there, that kinda makes it worse.
    Take that bitch down!
    Searching for my lost shaker of salt.
  • DemandaDemanda
    What a bitch! My Dr. TOLD me (after lecturing me about breast feeding, of course lol) that name brand formula was a rip-off. I was being a formula snob too, but, like you, was broke one day and bought the store brand. I was one of those new mothers who ran EVERYTHING past my Dr. and I was all anxious about store brand. He told me it was perfectly fine.

Some people are just assholes, but I'm sorry she made you feel that way.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket