The snip.
  • Moomin
    So I had decided that two kids was enough. No more for me! Two is plenty! This is a brilliant timeto call it a day. And obviously the universe was laughing at me because I was already quite pregnant by this point (still didn't figure it out for another 2 weeks but that's another story). Got to talking about OH getting the snip and he was all "Yeah, I'm already talking to one of the guys at work who's had it done." Awesome! Takes the pressure off of me, no more kids, pills etc.

Well he actually called the surgery today to ask for an appointment to get it done and I totally freaked out, in my head not at him. I am done now. Labor terrifies me and I worry constantly, having a 4th baby just wouldn't work for us. But I was like holy crap, that's it then. Even though I was thrilled that you'd get it done, even though I know I only want 3 now, that.is.it. I'm actually kinda sad. Is that normal?

Also now I can't stop singing the Family Guy song "You'll never have to wear a condom, when you do it with your wiiiiife" lol.
    It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

I am Loki of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose.
  • Manders15Manders15
    It sounds normal to me, I know I've heard other people say they felt the same way.  No experience on my own on that front- I actually want my uterus out after I'm done with baby growing.
  • ChibikoChibiko
    DH had a vasectomy when DD4 was 3 mos old.  He was d.o.n.e.  I "think" 2 is my limit, but who knows.  I guess I'll never know.  I do occasionally tease him about wanting a 3rd, but we both know nothing will ever happen so...
    "We all cross over to the dark side at one point. We just all have different temptations" ~MarySunshine

"You were the truth I would rather lose than to have never lain beside at all" ~Death Cab for Cutie
  • Im_not_AbbyIm_not_Abby
    We had 2 and were done. DH had it done. And I've seen him looking at DS14mths saying kind of sadly "you're my last baby." I felt the same. But we're both sure it was right for us too, so I think it's a normal feeling.
  • Moomin
    That's good to hear. When he went off to make the call I was like "Are you sure? You don't want to think about it a bit longer?" Like I said, I know rationally it is absolutely the right decision it just threw me.

• OrchidsAndTulipsOrchidsAndTulips
    Moomin said:

That's good to hear. When he went off to make the call I was like "Are you sure? You don't want to think about it a bit longer?" Like I said, I know rationally it is absolutely the right decision it just threw me.

I could have written that. But we are still thinking about a fourth or fifth if another bonus baby shows up. He's done all the research and is fine with it but who knows how we'll feel about in five or ten years?
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    Three was my limit. I got snipped though. They were already right there ! Lol. Now I'm back at two and wonder , but not really. Its odd. Sometimes I wish I could have another but then I don't want to replace her so I can't have another.
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • Moomin
    @momofdbb >:D< that was what we talked about too. If anything happened I couldn't bring myself to have another anyway. I'm letting him do the hard work. I'm going to be recovering for much longer than he will anyway.

• just_mejust_me
    I had a hysterectomy and I REALLY REALLY REALLY almost backed out at the last minute because I do and dont want another kiddo. 5 months later....thank God I did it!!
    I can't be perfect all the time...so give it up already!
  • TheHeadacheslayer
    @Moomin aw honey, yeah totally normal!!! Heck I'm 42 and crying at baby commercials, and DH got the V about a year or so after DS was born. Pregnancy/etc was just too hard on my body for us to have a 3rd. I'm still sad about that. Esp since I'm in perimenopause and considering a hysterectomy (stupid lady parts). I know I'll cry again. 

(((((Giant hugs)))))))) honey.
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    It took me 9 months to get an iud. Number three is 9 months old. He had heart surgery. It was a very scary experience. However it took me 9 months to come to terms with the fact that he is probably our last baby :(
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    I have 5 children & a 2 year old GRANDCHILD (yes yes... I know I look way too young & beautiful, thank you :\"> )
    & I still get a little wistful on occasion.
    My 2nd husband is not father material. He's only turning 25 this year, but... the thought of him procreating? Heck, by marrying him I helped the world.
    It doesn't mean I don't get those phantom baby flutters & wish they were real.
    *sigh*
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• Hill
    For those of you have had DD get snipped and you've gone off BC, how has that worked?  I mean, with regards to regular periods, PMS, all that stuff that the pill is supposed to help with?  Since my DD2 was born in May, I haven't been able to get on a good BC, and I'm tired of it all, but I'm worried that my cycles will be even less regular and crazy w/o.  Thoughts?