What the Fuck is for Dinner?
  • undercoverbanana
    debating....debating.......maybe.....................baked chicken thighs rolled in fresh seasoned breadcrumbs, baked cauliflower in cheese sauce, grilled asparagus......................and then make fresh tortillas, so tomorrow, so i can say "eff you! quesadillas! go get some damn salsa!!!!!!" and some V8 juice...mama wants micheladas!!!!!!
    i'm nekkid.
  • VegantasticVegantastic
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world"
    "Don't Panic"
  • undercoverbanana
    that look s yummy! i have to be careful about sneaking in healthy stuff. hubs thinks that anything whole grain would kill him. 8-}  they have no idea how many veggies i sneak in food. thank god for food processors.
    i'm nekkid.
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    I have a little of everything right now and stimied when it comes to cooking.. ugh..
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • CrashCrash
    We're having oven roasted side ribs with homemade bbq sauce. Most likely with rice. Gotta get some oragel so the girl can eat her favorite meat of all time without crying about her canker sore.
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • RaesdayRaesday
    @Undercoverbanana - same here! Have you tried soba noodles at all? If you make them according to package directions, they're passable as regular noodles, at least the brand I had was (darned if I know what that is...)...

My Brother in law thought all whole grain pasta tasted like grass. He likes soba. ( :
    I'd like to think I'm actually pulling this 'mom' thing off...
  • CrashCrash
    This is why when I make something @meandmy243, I always make extra so I can freeze it for when I just don't know what to have! The other day, I pulled some chicken wings and mac and cheese out of the freezer, threw them in the oven, and presto, 40 minutes later, supper with no work.
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • CinnaCinna
    @curious I made DH ribs too with homemade mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, and wheat rolls. I'm having nothing, I ate too many calories at lunch :( I probably shouldn't be reading this thread lol
    Two hearts! Oh baby I'm beating out a samba!
  • undercoverbanana
    I was actually thinking about soba noodles, and doing something pho ish with them. But that would be the next couple days. We have rain coming, and I like to do soups on rainy days.
    i'm nekkid.
  • SchweddyBallsSchweddyBalls
    Got a sweet deal on a 10lb box of bone in pork chops.......so I have 5lbs in the slow cooker with 30 cloves of garlic and two dark beers cookin away.......think I'm going to shred some up, mix it with some sauted mayas and a shit ton of shrooms and serve it over a bed of rice.
    I'm the nicest person you will ever meet, UNTIL you fuck with me or the betches I love.......
  • VegantasticVegantastic

@undercoverbanana I've just discovered zucchini noodles as a substitute for soba noodles- you use a vegetable peeler to make wide, noodle like strips of the zucchini and boil them for a minute. Then rinse them in cold water and use them the way you'd soba noodles. They're freaking awesome! 

And my hub is the world's pickiest eater, but he likes the creamy spinach bake- it's so full of garlic he never guessed there's tofu in it lol (and I sure didn't freaking tell him!)

"Don't Panic"
  • undercoverbanana
    @vegantastic that would never fool him. But, I may do some for myself, with some fresh tomatoes and a sprinkle of cheddar......
    i'm nekkid.
  • SassySassy
    Tonight is taco night. SO gets meat tonight. He has been eating veg for a week and doesn't even know it! I made vegan leek and potato soup and spaghetti sauce yesterday and have 11 quarts canned right now. Poor sap has no clue what's happening!
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    We had tacos. Ground chicken instead of beef. I can't go veg, like meat too much, but I'm determined to eat healthier, and feed my kids healthier. :-)
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • WillileeWillilee
    One of the girls is making dinner. Yikes. Some kind of tacos with nuclear cheez.
  • VegantasticVegantastic

@Sassy would you care to share that soup recipe? And for what it's worth, you can buy soy taco filling or veggie ground beef crumbles that you season just like regular taco meat. It's so seasoned no one in my family can tell the difference lol

@katz_meow you know... you could always do "Meatless Mondays" or once a week vegetarian, just to help with getting on the healthy train. You don't have to completely give up meat, but there are LOTS of filling, healthy, meat free meal ideas out there. I've got a ton if you're interested.  And that's the end of my unsolicited vegan advice for the day :D

"Don't Panic"
  • WabiSabiLife
    Making homemade Mac and cheese. I use the cheese ends from the deli counter so it's an awesome mix. And I also add chicken apple sausage. Deelish!!
  • SasafrasSasafras
    I'm making suddenly salad for dinner it's so cold and I want something to make me feel like summer
  • undercoverbanana
    @willilee good luck.....and have some tums handy where they can't see them!!!! lol!
    i'm nekkid.
  • just_mejust_me
    Ya'all are some fancy bitches! We are having ramen noodles but I really wish we had some pepperoni pizza! :))
    I can't be perfect all the time...so give it up already!
  • cheesehead4ever
    Found a great recipe on Pinterest and even my picky child who won't eat tacos or burritos ate it. Chicken breasts, taco seasoning, cream of chicken soup and cup of salsa in crock pot. After it was done, shred and add half cup of sour cream. Serve in tortillas. It was really good.
  • VegantasticVegantastic
    @cheesehead4ever my family thinks I all of a sudden learned to cook amazeballs meals... I actually discovered pinterest lol
    "Don't Panic"
  • KrabbyKay
    We're having Irish stew (lamb), it's still going in the crackpot!!!
  • TheMomFactorTheMomFactor
    We're having pork chops. I don't want pork chops, our cooking variety sucks, because our kitchen is shit. :(
    "Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way."-The Seventh Doctor

"One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel."
  • notscary
    I just had a bowl of cheerios. I'm done with cooking lately
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    @Vegantastic, I think meatless Monday is a great idea! I just need to get settled in at grams and have all my own kitchen stuff, i'll hit you up for some main course ideas when I get set, though. I really want to get healthier, and perhaps even give up smoking eventually. I'm already down to about a pack and a quarter per day (from 2 packs per day) so I'm on the right path, just need life to settle down a bit.

And sorry for the hijack @undercoverbanana

Don't be a dick.
  • undercoverbanana
    that's not a hijack! if you started talking about your cat or something, that would be a hijack.....and anyway, i'm not sensitive.
    i'm nekkid.
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    Ok lol. :-)

Don't be a dick.
  • KrabbyKay
    The cat is 110 in cat-years and he still annoys me by playing in the covers when I'm making the bed. 
    Oh. Sorry. 
    :D
    Dinner is still what I said it was. With rolls.
  • Today we had pasta & meatballs & garlic bread. Pretty boring but today sucked so I needed something quick and easy. Tomorrow I will do better :)
  • tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    Cajun chicken pasta, maybe a side of some sort.  Only cooking for me and the kiddo so might keep it simple.
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • PurpleFlowersPurpleFlowers
    I made sloppy joes and green beans. Didn't feel like making anything so they should be glad they even got that :P
    Stay away from my chocolate and nobody gets hurt!

I think I like who I am becoming...
  • undercoverbanana
    @schweddyballs yum....let me know how that turns out. Sounds good. And I need to something different.
    i'm nekkid.
  • SassySassy
    @vegantastic fasho! I kind of made it up as I went along, so I'll try....

2lbs of potatoes more or less, depends on how potatoey you want it to be. Cut them in half then into half moons about a half inch across.
    1 big bunch of leeks just the white and light green portions, cleaned and chopped. (I just put them in my food processor)
    Whole garlic cloves. I used a whole head of Garlic also chopped in my food processor. 
    A couple of carrots, chopped
    One half onion, chopped 
    Celery, chopped
    Water

I always advise spicing to taste. I like to use a lot of spices so its not everyone's bag of apples. 

I never ever measure spices (bad, me) just throw them in and taste and add more if I want to and curse if its too much.... 

I used a lot of pepper because I wanted spice and its what I had.
    I also added cumin, italian seasoning, a couple of bay leaves, onion powder, salt, thyme and rosemary. It tastes delicious. 

Put the leeks in the pan with a little olive oil and let them sweat a bit, maybe 5 or 10 minutes then added all of the celery, garlic, onion and carrots. Pour in the water- more or less depending on how thick the soup is going to be and how big a pan you have. I used enough to get the water level about an inch from the top in my 7 qt. stock pot. Simmer for 20 or so minutes. Add the potatoes. Simmer for another 20 or so minutes, then remove the soup to a blender or use an immersion blender to puree the soup until it is as smooth as you want it. Add spices to taste. 

Unrelated to ^^^^ I don't know where to get tofu/veggie options. In the only grocery store in my town there are tofu tub things that I've bought and used and vegan cheese subs but that is all. I don't know where to get other things. Need to do some research, I guess. 
  • MegsueMegsue
    We had chicken Alfredo in this house. It was awesome. Now I'm stuffed. Ni-nights I-)
  • VegantasticVegantastic

@Sassy that sounds delicious! And easy! I might use veggie broth instead of water because I always have some I need to use up lol And I season like you- throw it in, taste it, throw in some more.

If there's a health store around you (Trader Joes or World Market are good) they may have some meat subs, but usually I find it at the grocery store, in the freezer section or the meat section (veggie hot dogs are next to the real hot dogs, etc)  Yves Veggie is a good brand, and SmartChoice is pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of the meat subs, because it's pretty highly processed, BUT they're good for when you don't have a lot of spare cooking time (vacation, moving, camping...) and they're good for getting reluctant hubbies to try your vegan version of their favorite foods  ;)

"Don't Panic"
  • SassySassy
    @vegantastic I used water because I didnt have veggie broth

I will hsve to search around when I have time
  • DemandaDemanda
    I didn't want to cook for any of these ingrates so I made a lame excuse as to why I must go to the mall... I had A&W and I don't know or care what they ate.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket
  • MomaFive
    herb & garlic pasta w/green peas
    roasted bbq (homemade sauce) ribs :o) 
    * this is the 1 meal my whole family (including the toddler) will eat no matter what
  • Marionettevie
    we are having this tonight.http://www.thelondoner.me/2011/08/starlit-spicy-lemon-chicken-wraps.html?m=1
    yesterday was vietnamese coconut curry soup. and the day that i cooked before that was homemade pizzas

• Zooy
    Wow, you guys are fancy. It was swimming night so we had grilled cheese and vegetable soup.
  • Marionettevie

@cheesehead4ever my family thinks I all of a sudden learned to cook amazeballs meals... I actually discovered pinterest lol

THIS^
  • Manders15Manders15
    Yeah I didn't want to go out in the rain & forgot to take stuff out of the freeze so we had leftover stroganoff & nachos. What a combination!!
  • CinnaCinna
    KrabbyKay said:

The cat is 110 in cat-years and he still annoys me by playing in the covers when I'm making the bed. 

Oh. Sorry. 
    :D
    Dinner is still what I said it was. With rolls.
    Lmbo!!

Two hearts! Oh baby I'm beating out a samba!
  • SammieSammie
    Planned on BBQ burgers, homemade coleslaw and steak fries, but my little love fell asleep on the couch early...so her Dad & I are just thinking of taking it easy. Nachos or quesadillas!

@schweddyballs, your dinner sounds delicious!!! I want!

community-manager

• SchweddyBallsSchweddyBalls
    Turned out yummy!!!!!! Sauted the onions and shrooms in sweet cream butter, then added a cup of wine wine. Cooked it down, mixed in the pork then onto the rice.......very filling and tasted AWESOME!!!!! Hiding the leftovers!!!!!!
    I'm the nicest person you will ever meet, UNTIL you fuck with me or the betches I love.......
  • MomaFive
    @SchweddyBalls omg plz plz plz send me some of that!
  • LLBLLB
    We had pancakes. Yep really fancy! Lol
  • GoddessGoddess
    We had home made nachos w black beans, corn, and cherry tomatoes. It was so yummy.

I want some of you to move in and cook for me. I love to cook but lately haven't had time or energy.
  • gramalibbygramalibby
    Oh you yummy ladies , grilled cheese and canned soup , le sigh
  • ABCABC

I wish we could have more adventurous dinners but...my husband in particular is picky.  He's a meat and potatoes kind of guy.  My daughter will experiment more than him but it's still not that great.  So, I usually end up making at least two seperate kinds of dinner for us all smh.  My family thinks I am crazy but hey...I don't like to eat meat that much so what am I supposed to do?  I usually make my husband spaghetti, meatloaf, sloppy joes, chili, spicy chicken sandwich, cajun chicken sandwich, philly cheesesteak (no cheese), and that's about it @-) .  I like using my rice cooker and making rice dishes. I do eat fish.  I love cheese. I eat a lot of veggies.  I have a nutribullet (love it!) and I try to make juice for my daughter and myself everyday.  Spinach, tropical fruit blend (mango, pineapple, strawberries, peaches), with flax seed.  So yummy! I wish I could make stuffed shells, veggie lasagna, etc. but I'd be the only one eating it and I'd eat it all! lol

Be in control of your own happiness.