• ScaryMommyScaryMommy
    So, the book launch is just over six weeks away (HOLY FUCKING SHIT, HOW DID THIS HAPPEN???) and I'm trying to map out book tour stops. My budget is extremely limited, so, unfortunately, I won't get to a ton of places. BUT, I will get to a few. 

Definitely on my list: 

Boston, TBD, 
    Virginia (Falls Church? Tysons?)
    Chicago, May 1
    Austin May 20 (I think)
    Bethesda, MD book fair on April 21
    Gaithersburg, MD book fair May 18

Up in the air: LA, maybe Seattle and maybe another stop... 

So, what I want to know is what's easiest for you guys to get to. The map is outdated and I don't want to depend on that, so just tell me where you could get to, if you'd be willing to make the schlepp. I want to see as many of you guys as possible. 

Like for LA, Hug for VA, OMG... Oh, wait, shit. ;)

• JustAConfusedMamaJustAConfusedMama
    I'm trying right now to talk Dh into taking me to Boston to see you.  We are in Providence.  He's asking the wheres and the whens and I told him I'd get back to him.
    If you would like to sponsor me for the Imagine Walk for Autism in April, for my friend's son please click the below link and donate.
    http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/sfamily/12th-imagine-walk-and-family-fun-day-for-autism
  • eappleeapple
    Oh no! You forgot toronto ;)
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. ~Nietzsche
  • kittykisses80kittykisses80
    Hehe no buttons.. :-) idk i live in NE Indiana nothing special comes my way. Have fun scary mommy. Your doing awesome!
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    PITTSBURGH!!!

Seriously, there are a lot of scary mommies here, and I don't just mean those of us who are on sm. Lol
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • KellynnKellynn
    I am in MI, but will absolutely make the drive to Chicago to see you. I am looking for hotels as we speak. Maybe I can get some of the other MI moms to join me? @purpleflowers, you can drive to my house, and we can pick up @blessie on the way. I don't know if @katotonic is still on? We can get her, too. Any other Mi moms that want to carpool?
  • PurpleFlowersPurpleFlowers
    Im not sure I can swing that @kellynn since it falls midweek and I work, but I will definitely see if maybe I can use some personal time ;)
    Stay away from my chocolate and nobody gets hurt!

I think I like who I am becoming...
  • Luvlyssa
    We DISCUSSED this @scarymommy you're coming to Utah so you can see your BFF and doing a book stop at the same time. It pays for itself! Geez ;)

(I'm sure @tottycakes , @matt115 (with some bribery) and I would all go somewhere in the Salt Lake Valley to see you :) )  Plus again.. YOUR BFF IS IN PARK CITY! 
    Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
  • tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    And then I went to "LOL" your post. DENVER!! :) 
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • BlessieBlessie
    And my uterine tenant will be evicted? Scary road trip! I'm in @kellyn! @scarymommy see you soon!
  • SalllyWingo
    eapple said:

That was what I was thinking!
  • Seattle. Seattle

Oh yeah and Seattle
  • MegsueMegsue
    Boston works for me! I just need to know when! Are you sure that's a good idea though? @WickedDunkieJunkie and I WILL attack you and hump your leg. You have been warned ;)
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    I might be able to make it to Boston. I'll make it a priority.
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • DemandaDemanda
    eapple said:

I'm with those two!
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket
  • Lakegirl34
    There's quite a few of us in the KY, IN,
    OH area, and Louisville has a lot of great, low cost places to see and visit. And it will be close to my delivery date an Derby time here-awesome weather too that time of year.
  • gramalibbygramalibby
    I really wish Columbus Ohio was on ur tour . We in the Midwest love u bunches
  • gramalibbygramalibby
    Lake girl , if I had a place to stay Louisville is dooable , I will ck the Couch Surfing net workj
  • RuralRebellionRuralRebellion
    Demanda said:

eapple said:

I'm with those two!

Make that 4!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Most everyone's mad here. You may notice that I'm not all there myself.
  • onetimeonetime
    katz_meow said:

PITTSBURGH!!!

Seriously, there are a lot of scary mommies here, and I don't just mean those of us who are on sm. Lol

Yes!!! Don't skip us!!

Suck it up buttercup!
  • SasafrasSasafras
    There are plenty of people in mn so I vote mall of America!
  • shate98shate98
    The Baltimore Book Festival is in September... ;)
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    I missed you in Rhode Island last time, so get that Boston date determined. I need to know what day to take off of work.

Umm @MegSue may hump your leg... but I promise to only lick you.

ETA: I don't know how your travel schedule is working out... but April 8th would not be a good Boston day. It's Opening Day at Fenway.
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• VegantasticVegantastic
    Megsue said:

Boston works for me! I just need to know when! Are you sure that's a good idea though? @WickedDunkieJunkie and I WILL attack you and hump your leg. You have been warned ;)

I missed you in Rhode Island last time, so get that Boston date determined. I need to know what day to take off of work.

Umm @MegSue may hump your leg... but I promise to only lick you.

OMG... you guys are going to end up on the news aren't you?
    X_X :D
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world"
    "Don't Panic"
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    Oh I do hope so @Vegantastic.
    WHDH Channel 7.
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• Katescrazymom

Demanda said:

eapple said:

I'm with those two!

Make that 4!

Ahem, 5!
  • LilbitLilbit
    @kacerpie she's talking about not comin here?!?!?!?

@scarymommy you HAVE to come to la!!!!!!!!!
  • LilbitLilbit
    @beachy @organicbaby @rahsgirl @bellabear
    We can go make a day out of it!
  • lostinthewindlostinthewind
    Well sense you're going yo go to Seattle and LA I think you could stop in pdx along the way ;) Portland is a much closer drive than the 3+ hours it would take me to get to Seattle. I know there's a few other scaries that would love ya to stop in :)
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    Boston!!!
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    If you're going to L.A., then PLEASE make a stop in Phoenix?  There's a lot of us out here who'd love to buy you a drink, or 3  :D
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • theprincessmommytheprincessmommy
    Charlotte! 
  • LoveLove
    Little Rock, Nashville, Memphis, Birmingham, Atlanta... anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon within 6 hours of Tupelo, and I'm there!

community-manager

• Matt115
    I agree with @luvlyssa come to Utah!
  • SaraMommySaraMommy

There's quite a few of us in the KY, IN,
    OH area, and Louisville has a lot of great, low cost places to see and visit. And it will be close to my delivery date an Derby time here-awesome weather too that time of year.

What she said!!!! Pretty, pretty please!!!
  • HorridWenchHorridWench
    San Antonio,Tx!!
    "She Dances in a Ring of Fire and Throws Off the Challenge, With a Shrug" - Jim Morrison
  • beachmommybeachmommy
    What about NYC?  How can NYC not be on the list???
    My beach is still Sandy....
  • ScaryMommyScaryMommy
    @dolphinlover26 I forgot about Providence - I had a great reading there last time. Will try and tack that on to Boston!

@eapple I really would love to make it up there - maybe over the summer.

@katz_meow OK, noted. :)

@Luvlyssa YES. I'm still working on that one!

@Megsue I'm holding you to that.

@WickedDunkieJunkie Definitely later - probably around April 21.

@lostinthewind My brother is getting married in Seattle - hence the trip. Trying to work a reading in somehow... :)

@BellaBefana Hmmmmmmm....

@leopardgirle Because I live here! But, I'll see if I can work on that.

@beachmommy I'll be in NYC, but my reading there was dismal last year. But, maybe I'll try again!
  • eappleeapple
    Toronto is lovely in the summer! The street meat is a sizzlin and kensigton market is a boomin, two of my favourite things about Toronto.
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. ~Nietzsche
  • undercoverbanana
    HOUSTON. There's a bunch of Us here.....shit.....i will even bring you a couple margarita Popsicles for "emergencies".
    i'm nekkid.
  • ScaryMommyScaryMommy
    @undercoverbanana How far is that from Austin? I have no sense of Texas at all!
  • TheHeadacheslayer
    @ScaryMommy FL pllllllleeeeeeeeeeze. If you went to GA I might be able to swing that.

IF DD gets into Brown then Boston might be a possibility for us.

I wanna see my favorite Scary Mommy *temper tantrum* lol

And I promise that Team Headacheslayer will take you out for dinner ;)
  • beachmommybeachmommy
    @scarymommy - will you be doing a booksigning in NYC?  Or maybe out on Long Island you would get a better response?  Westbury B&N seems to have a lot of readings...
    My beach is still Sandy....
  • ScaryMommyScaryMommy
    @beachmommy That's a good thought - I'll ask!
  • LesboMomLesboMom
    @scarymommy houston to austin is only a couple hours drive from each other 

confessional-manager

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. -- Helen Keller
  • irishlassirishlass
    Okay, obviously with the next book, your budget for touring will be HUGE ;) So you better do the UK next time!! OR come to Florida in December!! 
    "Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
  • TheHeadacheslayer
    irishlass said:

Okay, obviously with the next book, your budget for touring will be HUGE ;) So you better do the UK next time!! OR come to Florida in December!! 

THIS!!!! The FL part ;)
  • ChibikoChibiko
    I could try to make it to the Chicago shindig. It's a 6 hour drive one way for me. :)
    "We all cross over to the dark side at one point. We just all have different temptations" ~MarySunshine

"You were the truth I would rather lose than to have never lain beside at all" ~Death Cab for Cutie
  • undercoverbanana
    @scarymommy Texas is ridiculously massive. If you are within Austin city limits, two to three hours away. If you go to Austin, give yourself a day to to wander around. Its so fun. If you like san Francisco, you will love Austin.
    i'm nekkid.
  • undercoverbanana
    bUt, i will make a point to schedule that day off. Scary mommy caravan from Houston, anybody? I'll make tamales!
    i'm nekkid.
  • Manders15Manders15
    Well if there's Boston, Providence or NYC I may be able to swing one of those!!! Providence is closest but the others are totally doable for me :D