Do you ever do anything totally "MOM" that kind of freaks you out?
  • KrabbyKay
    Like, use a spit finger to wipe something off dog/cat faces, straighten something on a stranger before they go in somewhere (I would NEVER do that, I wouldn't be close enough or looking at anyone!), or whatever?

I just shoved my phone in my "rack" so I could unload the dryer...why? Because I knew if I walked in the kitchen to put it away on the charger station, I'd forget to unload the dryer. And if I set it on the dryer, DAMN SURE I'd lose it there, and never remember where it was. SCARY.
  • TheMomFactorTheMomFactor
    I totally do the lick-my-thumb-to-clean-my-kids-face thing. I did a poop check on DS4 in the grocery store. OMG. And I threatened to smear baby shit on some guys face.
    "Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way."-The Seventh Doctor

"One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel."
  • RuralRebellionRuralRebellion
    I dunno if it's "mom" or just laziness, but the other day the phone rang from the front entrance.  There was a package for me.  Since it's my cell, I can't actually buzz anyone in, so I had to grab up DD, slipped on my black flats for work at went upstairs in yoga pants, camisole, and oversized zip-up hoodie with no bra.  Oh and my hair was a frizzy curly pinned-back mess.  DD was in a feet-less sleeper probably covered in a variety of stains.

Oh, and what freaks me out about it is I NEVER go out in public like that, not even in yoga pants.  I ALWAYS get dressed including jeans.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Most everyone's mad here. You may notice that I'm not all there myself.
  • toadintheholetoadinthehole
    I've tried to wind my mums cat when i was cuddling him. I've caught myself swaying trolleys back and forth to get baby to sleep....when my mum has been babysitting.
    "mummy I love your testicles" - mini-toadinthehole aged 3.5 years
  • momofdbbmomofdbb

I've tried to wind my mums cat when i was cuddling him. I've caught myself swaying trolleys back and forth to get baby to sleep....when my mum has been babysitting.

Yes !! In not the only one to rock a kid who is not there !

" Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
    @momofdbb thank GOD i'm not alone, i thought i might be going a bit woo!!
    I've never had the luxury of owning a Diaper Genie, and since DD will grab anything she can reach, we don't use a small garbage can either.  So sadly a small pile of dirty bundled (unless DH does it, what is it with men and not closing diapers?) diapers collects on the end of the change table.  I just went to remove a pile that was slightly too big to the garbage, and I dropped one on the way.  I kicked it the rest of the way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Most everyone's mad here. You may notice that I'm not all there myself.
    Whats a diaper genie @ruralrebellion?
    @toadinthehole a fancy diaper disposal container that has expensive refill bags.
    Oh ok, a glorified bin thats really expensive then?! :-D
  • KrabbyKay
    YES!
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    @toadinthehole nope and my youngest is 5 ! I haven't rocked anyone for a while. Lol. I also straiten books at the bookstore. And rearrange the merchandise at stores.
    yea I am geek !!
    And clear plates and glasses if i eat at a pub
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    Lol the most I do is arrange the plates on the table biggest to smallest in a stack with silverware on top.
    yea I am geek !!
  • gramalibbygramalibby
    I am the Grams who cks the diaper w her finger eweeeeee me I cannot smell like I use to
  • tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    The first time I said "Are you going to eat that or just stick it in your ear?" I was like aw fuck.. I'm a mom.
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • irishlassirishlass
    @toadinthehole we have them here! They are those tommeetippee hygiene plus things!

I picked my cat up off the floor last week, grabbed a blanket and rocked her for a good 10mins before I realised she wasn't human. I was so so tired.

"Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
  • KrabbyKay
    How are all your cats putting up with this?? lol One of my angel kitties would be totally down with it, but my two now would be "WTF are you DOING??? Put me down!! And go find some cat treats or ham, to make up for that nonsense!!"
  • just_mejust_me
    I rock and pat bottoms...I do it all the time to my dogs! I habe to remind myself to talk normal when I'm around adults...lol most of my life I'm talking to little kids!
    I can't be perfect all the time...so give it up already!
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    My youngest will be 8 on Sunday & I still rock him on occasion... never mind the bag of MeowMix I was holding while in line at the register the other day...

I've spit wiped my husband's face...

WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• Manders15Manders15
    momofdbb said:

I also straiten books at the bookstore. And rearrange the merchandise at stores.

I do that!!!   Lol, my only excuse is 7 years of retail, I feel bad seeing the messes people leave & remember what a PITA it was to tidy.
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    Manders15 said:

momofdbb said:

I also straiten books at the bookstore. And rearrange the merchandise at stores.

I do that!!!   Lol, my only excuse is 7 years of retail, I feel bad seeing the messes people leave & remember what a PITA it was to tidy.

Yea I worked at a bookstore for four years. My kids have picked up my habit. Lol. They remerchandice too. You can't have a candy bar in the wrong box ! Lol
    yea I am geek !!
  • rockmomrockmom
    It's a mom thing that I've done since before I was a mom, but people just KNOW that I have a child by the way I talk to them.

I call everyone "Dear", as in "Here's your paper, dear".

I am young (24) and I do this to my students (college kids) CONSTANTLY. I can't help it! I also straighten people's collars (people I know) and try to make sure that friends at work/school are getting plenty to eat....
    No wonder people peg me the minute they see me...and when did I get so motherly?! I feel like an old woman!
    tripp175a
  • KrabbyKay
    @rockmom OMG yeah!! I call all small children "babe" like as if they were mine, or "sweetie" or "Princess"....And my friends' kids too!! YIKES. My one friend's boys are 11 & 12 and I call them "baby" all the time...they never seem to think anything of it, though....
  • MomaFive
    All kids I come in contact I treat like my own - doesn't matter where... LoL

And I do the spit wipe thing - my DD8 says "aw you're gonna do that mom thing aren't you?"
  • moobear1983

I don't remember the last time I stood in the checkout without rocking my items to "sleep" while I waited...

My grandmother raised me when I was little, and she always packed a damp washcloth in a ziploc bag and put it in her purse before we went anywhere (which, in hindsight, is probably better than the lick-your-thumb-scrub-child's-face approach), but I HATED it as a child...guess what I caught my self doing the other day?  Yep, washcloth in the purse, right next to the green Tic-Tacs which were also a staple of my Grandmother's purse.  :) 

Everything I know, I learned the hard way.
  • TheMomFactorTheMomFactor
    @KrabbyKay All girls are "Gorgeous", all boys are "Handsome".lol
    "Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way."-The Seventh Doctor

"One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel."
  • JustAConfusedMamaJustAConfusedMama
    I have went downstairs to get delivery in my robe with messy hair and a toddler on my hip.
    If you would like to sponsor me for the Imagine Walk for Autism in April, for my friend's son please click the below link and donate.
    http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/sfamily/12th-imagine-walk-and-family-fun-day-for-autism
  • LiquidPeppermintLiquidPeppermint
    I have driven DSS to high school in a bathrobe, socks, unbrushed hair, the works.  But it was at 5AM on Saturdays so he can get on the bus for a wrestling tournament.

This week, I was at the park with DD.  She was playing in the sandbox, and I was sitting on the edge.  A boy of about four was trying to get my attention.  "Look what I'm doing!" Trying to be nice, I said, "Oh, you're digging to China, huh?" He cocked his head, looking at me in shock, and said, "My mommy says that.  DO YOU KNOW MY MOMMY?!" Then got up and ran away.  I guess it was just a "mom" thing to say.

A Kirby salesman came to the door last week.  The house was a freakin' wreck.  DD2 was being a holy terror (weaning).  The living room was littered with everything from thrown fruit snacks to diapers to toys to ground-in potato chips.  When the salesman wanted to come in, I said, "Sure, you can come in and clean the living room.  I've got to get some laundry caught up.  If you do it in ten minutes, you can choose between Dora snacks and Cosmic brownies and an apple juice."  I never saw a salesman run so fast in my life.

• mappers
    When my girls were little, I was riding in the back seat of a care the two bosses and another coworker on a business trip to see a client.  I suddenly point out the window and said, "Horsey!"
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    I had to go and talk to my grandmom today about her eyes. She has been having vision issues and is being hardheaded about going to get them checked. My mom and I had to have a " come to Jesus talk " with her. If she doesn't get it checked she could go blind. I hate having to pull the MOM card on my grandmom. She always seemed so sure of herself and strong , tonight not so much. She is 88-89 I think I can't remember. Bad huh ? My memory is horrable !
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    yea I am geek !!
  • KeepstaringKeepstaring
    Eating something that has been in DD's mouth and she doesn't want/like, I try to avoid doing this in public but don't always succeed!

Biting chunks of a cookie or someting and feeding that to DD, instead of just breaking it or using a knife. Wtf, why do I do that?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
  • mamafinmamafin
    I'm saying the "We are now learning to..."
    We? No, my son is!

95% of the stuff I post on FB is about my son.

Someone asks me how I'm doing and I tell them how my son is doing.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • WinginItWinginIt
    @KeepStaring, I bite shit that I'm about to feed dd, too.  I don't know why either, but the other day I did it with a piece of chicken I tried to share with the cat, too.  

@momofdbb, your grandma looks stern.  I'd be afraid to give her a come to jesus talk.  
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    @winginit she is strong willed. Lol. When she decides something that's what is going to happen ! Her eyes are good , no issues with the Retna ! She agreed to a check up and they only found some scar tissue. It can be removed easily , but she is nervous and probably won't go and get it removed. Oh well , she can see for now and no danger for now. The scar tissue can be removed anytime.
    yea I am geek !!
  • WinginItWinginIt
    Here's my theory:  
    Once you're that old, fuck it.  Do what you want.  My grandpa was 89, and his doctor at first told him to stop eating bacon.  So my grandpa pointed out that he had made it nearly 20 years over the average life expectancy, would a good deal of bacon included.  His doctor just shrugged it off and said "Yep.  Keep it up."
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    Yea they tried to make my great grandfather give up smoking when he was in 80s but he was stubborn.
    yea I am geek !!