Facebook mommies. grrrr!
  • Moomin
    If I try to offer support or help on another mommy group on FB to read that my kids are going to grow up to be serial killers because I let them cry it out a few times, I will go insane!!!

I understand that it is a choice but I for one think it's ok for kids to be upset from time to time. And bored. And have sugar! Jeez! My kids are good, smart, funny, mature (and yes, little sh#ts sometimes!) and don't hate me the day after a bad night.

My youngest is 14 mo and my oldest is 4.5. I have another due in 8 weeks and if I tended to their every upset moment I would have had maybe 10 full nights of sleep since 2008. I know my children and I know when to comfort them but I also know when they just want to be out of bed on a school night. Don't bash other mothers who are simply trying to do their best. Facebook moms are the reason I don't fit in with the other moms at nursery. And why I don't enjoy playdates. It all just feels like a huge competition and I don't enjoy competition. I enjoy seeing my kids enjoying themselves.

Sorry for the essay but I left 3 so called support groups last night because the other women were douches and I've been wound up since!
    It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

I am Loki of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose.
  • tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    I never understand all the useless judgment about parenting choices like this.  So happy you found your way HERE! 
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    Meh, the only mommy group you need is right here!

I also don't get it...I didn't let mine cio, but it was because I was blessed with supremely easy babies. To each their own is my take.
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • Moomin
    Me too! Lol, it's a refreshing gday when you find all the other "normal" moms! My best friend is the same way and it's great!

• katz_meowkatz_meow
    Some of the most "nornal" moms I know are amazinly abnormal. Lol

Don't be a dick.
  • RuralRebellionRuralRebellion
    I'm not even in any Facebook support groups and I have to deal with hearing that crap all day.  

My one mom friend is trying the Paleo diet after trying every other diet (but of course wants her daughter to think fat is beautiful too).  

Another mom is a non-vaccinator, about to give birth and has a 21 month old.  Everyday for the last 3 months she has complained about being uncomfortable, tired, but can't wait for her "princess" to come.

Another mom friend is a BF-ing nazi.  One of the judgy types.

Another one posts 18 pics a day of her dogs because she is TRYING to have a baby and clearly needs to fill the void.  EDIT She JUST posted this as her status:  "Today is my Pigeon's [link to dog's FB page] birthday and tomorrow is my Lady's oh my where has the time gone? 5 already!!"  She's talking about DOGS ffs.

And then there's me, sitting here like:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Most everyone's mad here. You may notice that I'm not all there myself.
  • gramalibbygramalibby
    My sweet Glen is a sleep fighter big time and to most I am a bad Gram , he's cryin right now in his pack n play , hell he was up and down from 530 Granma is tired . Guess what he is not going to win , I am . Love means not always givin in to babes wants . If he got up now he would be punch drunk n Fallon down. Nope no way . End of Rant
  • KrabbyKay

"Normal"?? *snicker* Are we normal??? Surely not..... Nobody here is normal!!

@RuralRebellion You aren't on Paleo??? SNARKY HUG!!

You vaccinate????? SNARKY HUG!!!!

And also I seem to remember you're a fan of some gross hockey team or other....SNAAAARKY HUG!!!!

:D :-))
  • Moomin
    Hehe, ah love you ladies. I don't care how anybody parents as long as it's not abusive etc, the nasty stuff. Kids get crabby, when I'm crabby Iwant to be left alone to get over it. And if I didn't leave them alone there is a chance I would have smooshed their little heads some nights. *sigh* the vaccine thing bugs the crap out of me too. And when people do vaccinate but don't understand the side effects. Yes, your kid had a flu jab. No they haven't got the flu because of it, it is -9 outside and has been for 2 weeks. They have a cold!! Just a coincidence!

Haha and dog pictures! Oh my goodness! I'm allergic to them so will probably never have one but my whole news feed is freaking dog photos!

@KrabbyKay I think here is more normal than anywhere else... Maybe that just says more about me than anything! ;)

• RuralRebellionRuralRebellion
    @KrabbyKay if the "mini wheat diet" is considered Paleo, then DD is on the right track.  As for me, I'm on the coffee and chocolate diet.

And yeah, I get joy from seeing DD cry her eyes out after being stabbed with various needles... that and I love pumping "poison" into her system and all.

The only "gross hockey team" I know of is the Leafs, and I'm not a fan :P

EDIT: The following is all messed up, I don't know what I did.  The first chunk is @Moomin 's statement, the second bit is my reply.  Stupid quote highlights n shit.

Moomin said:

And when people do vaccinate but don't understand the side effects. Yes, your kid had a flu jab. No they haven't got the flu because of it, it is -9 outside and has been for 2 weeks. They have a cold!! Just a coincidence! 

Moomin said:

RR now: Ugh I don't know how to make the damn quote stuff go away, but I agree with the above statement.  I know when I first had DD everyone was all arguing about their choices, because the non vaccinator, the BF-er, and I have babes close in age, so they were very pushy with their "holier than thou" views, and I was just like, I just wanna survive.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Most everyone's mad here. You may notice that I'm not all there myself.
  • 456Imamom
    I've been the happiest and most "Normal" feeling since I found this place!!!!! Thankfully it was the first internet mommy group I found.... I did, however have a horrible time with other moms at playgroups, swimming class and even my close 'friend'. She was the WORST!!! and totally, hardcore AP extremist, and VERY proud to be a lactivist. I EBF, and I felt uncomfortable around her! Why the hell must mothers (women) be so damn judgy and rude!!!! UGH!!!! 
    (ok, done rant)

Welcome @Moomin :D
  • KrabbyKay
    I'm a kid stabber, co sleeper, BFer, cusser, IDK what else!! AND, I couldn't give a rat's ass what else you all do, so long as your kids are alive and happy.
  • Moomin
    Oooh! I'm on the coffee and chocolate diet too! This new baby is already a caffeine addict! Lol!!

I figure I had a good mix, I vaccinate and breastfeed (i don't openly snub people who bottle feed either! I guess I'm missing an opportunity to make the world perfect o_O) all that and my girls have been sick with one thing or another for, I kid you not, 6 months! The boob milk and jabs obviously aren't miracle cures! Doi!
    We all just do what we think is right, what else *would* we do?!

Thanks @456Imamom :D I love it here.

• katz_meowkatz_meow
    You can have your coffee and chocolate diets, I'm on a bacon, coffee and beer Diet! Lmao

Don't be a dick.
  • KrabbyKay
    BACON!! Pilots talking about bacon earlier. WHERE'S BACON!!!!
  • Moomin
    You'll have to send me the precise details of that, @katz_meow, after I've had number 3! XD

• 456Imamom
    yummmmmmm.... BACON!!!!!!! 
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    Lol will do @Moomin!

Don't be a dick.
  • Marionettevie
    you all are horrible mothers!! because you do everything opposite that i do.... gosh..... how can you go to sleep at night? i wish i could snarky hug all of you!
    hahaha
    i find that on days that im really in a bad mood, i just dont give a fuck... let bitches judge me all they want.. im ok with that because i feel safest with my decisions.
    im a titnazi, a cosleeper,nonvaccinator chewy granola hippy... i get enough judging from the people i know irl. i dont need to worry about the people online.
  • Moomin
    @Marionettevie =D> good for you! And mmmmm chewy granola!

• WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    I drink coffee... eat chocolate... hate bacon... I vaccinated, but skipped what I choose unnecessary... did breast AND formula... my kids cried it out, slept with me...
    I chose to allow my kids to live with their dad when I got separated & divorced & was judged like HELL for that... but it was what was the best choice for THEM... NOT ME.... so screw what anyone else thinks... we are all doing what's best in this world for our kids...
    It's not a contest.

I think the great @eapple once said "Haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate"...

WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• nanny2mamananny2mama
    There are a lot of mommies out there that think they are just superior to every other mother out there.  Who think that their kid will get a complex of some sort because heave forbid their child play on their own, learn what quiet time is or like you said to be bored.  Kids these days as I have witnessed in my decade of nannying, is that most parents expect their children to be constantly stimulated.  Not only that but to cater to their every whim.  Any mom who is able to do that with multiple children is quite amazing but how long can that truly be sustained without losing ones fucking mind.  This is the only mommy support group I plan on being a part of because I really can't stand most people LOL especially new age mommies.  @Moomin i think you're in good company here!! Like you said you know when your kids are being brats and just want to keep your ass up all night for no reason and you know when they genuinly need your attention. 
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    Eh...the sanctimommies are just sanctimonious women to begin with. If they weren't being assholes about parenting decisions it would be about what car they drive, what their homes are made of, who makes their clothing, what type of diet they have(ie vegetarian, vegan, cute baby animal eater lol), what church they go to...they'd find something.

Assholes are assholes. :-) The nice thing about that is we can smell their shit from a mile away and steer clear of them.
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • Moomin
    @nanny2mama right there with you in not being able to stand most people lol!
    @MarySunshine sanctimommies :D not heard that one before! Love it.

• Moomin
    @WickedDunkieJunkie you did right by your kids and that's all that counts <3 and I just lmfao at potatoes gonna potate!!

• WinginItWinginIt
    @WickedDunkieJunkie  I can't believe no one jumped on this.  You don't like bacon?!  What planet are you from?!

I went on a BFing awareness kick for awhile, because I had no idea about all the benefits of it, so when I learned about it, I felt like I had been duped.  So I started telling fuckin everyone everywhere, because I thought it was so cool.  I probably accidentally ended up sounding a lot like those "BF or be murdered" people.  
    I also force my kid to eat hippy food, not because it's better for her, but because I don't want her to end up fat like me.  Shallow reason, I know, but I don't want her to feel like I did when I was young.  Or, how I feel now.  I want her to just like her.  
  • LiquidPeppermintLiquidPeppermint
    I can't believe people are so judgmental AFTER they've had a kid.  I mean, I might have been like that before I had my daughter, the "My kid will NEVER _________" crowd.  But once you've got a kid and know that "being a duck" feeling (looking calm above water while underneath, your feet are paddling like mad to keep up), you realize that just getting that kid (or kids) to each birthday is win enough.  So whatever works for another mommy is something to be congratulated, not judged.  Vaccinating or not, breast feeding or not, cosleeping or crying it out, just GETTING yourself and your children through another year is cause for celebration!
  • KrabbyKay
    @LiquidPeppermint "My kid will NEVER _____(throw a fit in the store)!!!!!" LMAO
  • LiquidPeppermintLiquidPeppermint
    @krabbyKay Yeah, I quit saying my kid will never when I got pregnant, because my parents told me it was a lost cause. But I used to say, "My kids will never watch TV.  My kids will never throw fits in restaurants.  My kids will never talk back to me.  My kids will never drink soda.  My kids will never eat sugary snacks."  All those were out the window by the time DD was 1, except the soda and sugary snacks.  Those took a few more months go out the window.
  • KrabbyKay
    =)) =)) =)) =))
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    @moomin I can't take credit for "sanctimommies"...that one is ScaryMommy's. :-)
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    I'm just going to say this is one of my favorite threads. So ya, we all do what's best for our kids, or at the very least what we feel is right. And I too, have thrown judgment in the past, but really, I have no cause to do so anymore. I've made mistakes, we all have, but at the end of the day, as long as were all loved and happy, that's all that matters, and all that should

Don't be a dick.
  • OrchidsAndTulipsOrchidsAndTulips
    What works for one does not always work for another so why make a big fuss over it? I think the closest thing I've been in similar to a moms group is having DD play soccer and I hated most of those parents. Not because they were doing certain things raising their kids I didn't approve of but because they are annoying bitches. @marionettevie you gosh darn hippy :-*
  • KrabbyKay
    @OrchidsandTulips yeah *sports* moms are a *nightmare* in my experiences!!! Just like @Moomin's Facebook moms but about their kids' supposed skills and practice and what HAVE you OMG they're SIX!!!! There are NO NHL scouts in the bleachers!!!!!!! Or any other kind of scout anyplace else!!!!! I mean yeah my kids DO have some skills in certain fields, but what they lack in skill they usually make up in mad enthusiasm, causing me to stagger around laughing....and getting the stink eye and mental snarky hugs from those other bitchy moms!!!

Oh yeah and @Marionettevie snarky hug for hippieness hahaha
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    @KrabbyKay
    I'm totally guilty of being a bitchy cheermom... lol

But hey... not fucking everyone makes A squad...
    If your damn kid can't even do a cartwheel... don't expect her to be on the competition team going to Nationals with my kid.

How much $$ you donate to the program doesn't make her a qualified cheerleader...
    It's about the safety of my kid damnit.
    She's not getting hurt because your little girl didn't catch her.

But anyway...
    My kids are awesome because the know they are #1 in our lives. Mine, my ex's... even my husband's.
    I'm sitting here ignoring them for SM right now. =))

I don't like pig at all, not just bacon @WinginIt
    Don't hate me :((
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• nanny2mamananny2mama
    I totally know I'm going to do some annoying new mom things but I've taken note on what kind of stupid stuff irritates me. Like the friend that had monthly...yes monthly professional photos done of her first born. Can't forget about the friend who has a status update of "oh my precious boy is the most amazing little human!" Thank God for the "hide" and "unsubscribe" options in your news feed.
  • mommydeliriousmommydelirious
    I can't stand any sanctimonious rants about anything cosleeping, bf'ing, why your clothes are better than other peoples.....i think it makes people look like asses :P What I can stand...is long drawn out talks about how I can't stand sanctimonious rants abotu anything from anyone :P Bitch away ladies...Ill read!
    I Did whatever got me the most sleep/rest/time AT the time. Sometimes I coslept, we eventually used a modifided CIO method, I rocked, I didn't rock, I gave her a paci and let her have it too long...wahtever...its fucking too hard to stick to one routine just because it makes you feel better than someone else.
    I felt like I never fit in with the BF'er cause I was an exclusive pumper ...that chicka had breast milk for a year tho! So what if it came fr a different container. A friend told me she thought it was worse of something cause youre "tied to a machine all the time" or some such and it was like...ummm...you just breastfed your kid 400 times since you've been here this afternoon, don't talk to me about having sometime tied to you!

Photobucket
  • Marionettevie
    yay! my mom even makes fun of my hippy ways! she calls me "enriqua" because her fathers name was Enrique and he would go on hippy kicks and make all his children eat rabbit food. LOL! i never met him because he died WAY before i was born, but i have a feeling he and i would have gotten along great!

i admit i went sanctimommy when i first became a mother because i learned SO MUCH! things i never knew because no one ever told me. and i felt like WTF!!! why would no one ever say this to me??? its so much better than the way i have been living! but then i realized people arent gonna care if they arent gonna care! (make sense? lol it does in my head) so all i was doing was wasting my breath. everyone now knows what i do because i dont hide it, and if they choose to learn more about it they know where to find me. all the moms who dont want to do it like me, thats fine, lol they just have to find someone else to seek help from cuz i wouldnt know! and to be honest i really dont care lol! just like i am sure they dont care to learn about my hippy ways :D
  • ChristyJChristyJ

@WickedDunkieJunkie, no worries about the bacon, I eat the turkey stuff.  Now watch the flames fly.

I am a non-breast feeder (I did try), let the little shit cio because I was too fucking tired to deal with it, left the house with my husband in charge  when I couldn't deal with either asshole anymore, worked full time, put him in daycare and guess the fuck what, he is a very popular kid in class, a teacher favorite, he is kind, sensitive, smart and funny.  Eat that judgmental bitches!  Oh, and a workout guru.  His weekend mornings are not complete until he has had his workout.  While I am sitting on the couch drinking soda and eating chips.

Imperfect and proud of it.
  • Moomin
    Oh, hi everybody! Lol! I'll admit, when DD 4yo was born I was like "no sugar til she's 5" ha! Yeah, we all know what happened there. She loooves Dr. Pepper! I will say we do "Fizzy Fridays" where through the week she can have fruit, juice, milk and water and a small sweet treat after nursery and then on Friday she can go crazy. That is my strict. That and being in bed at 7:30 (tonight did not go as planned. I am a failed mother! Smh.)

@Marionettevie I wish I could have hippy ways. Lol, maybe in a couple of years, right now my look is SAHM-slobby-chic. Attractive, I know! Lol.

@ChristyJ awesome! I wish I could leave OH with my girls! I got up at 8:30 this morning with them, let him sleep in for 2 hours (I am just that wonderful/stupid- delete as applicable!) It is now 10:15pm (uk) he's pissed off to his friends to watch the Superbowl (I'm the American here!!) And my 4yo is sitting in front of me talking. I haven't had one single moment to myself today. Not one. So kudos to you! Lol!

• ChristyJChristyJ

LOL.  I make my DH do laundry, dishes and everything he would expect me to do.  Except I do toilets and he does the yard.  I will not fucking do the yard. 

Lately, it his him griping at me to help.  But, in all fairness, we both work but recently my schedule has been about 60 hours a week, so he has had to chip in more.  I am making his SuperBowl munchies right now though.

Imperfect and proud of it.
  • Moomin
    Good call, I'm a SAHM so do most of it anyway but I do *not* touch trash. Lol he is in charge of that.

• OrchidsAndTulipsOrchidsAndTulips
    @KrabbyKay What ever my Sunshine is a baller! Kidding she's good but it's a team sport so every one has spot. DH wanted to punch people for trash talking about 6 to 8 year olds.
  • Marionettevie
    eww i hate the trash too! its supposed to be dhs job but most of the time i have to do it or it wont get done
  • CrashCrash
    Sanctimommies. *cough*
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • MomaFive
    @Moomin guess what? My oldest is 16, youngest is 3 and there's one in the middle - currently I'm sharing a slushie with the youngest while I surf SM. My middle child hasn't been bathed in 4 days, and my oldest *gasp* was forced to empty AND load the dishwasher as well as make her own lunch for school tomorrow.
    This is called the real world, and in my world (unfortunately) the trees aren't made from cotton candy and my sky isn't purple... meaning while pregnant (and even before) I expect them to help me with (reasonable) tasks, be responsible for themselves (on a reasonable level - DD8 *can* dress herself etc), and not expect me to constantly run around after them for everything. 
    I always say that Oogy's (DD3) biggest issue is that she's not my first child. I'm not about to drop everything and make sure her every whim is met. I'm sorry hunny, but if mommy is making supper and you start crying (unless you're bleeding/dying) I'm going to continue to make supper - you have 3 other ppl in this house, go bother them.

Don't let anyone tell you what you're doing is wrong. You are entitled to mothering how you feel is best - and whatever works for your family *is* best!

Welcome to SM.... stay away from nay-saying Mommas
  • DovahkiinDovahkiin

My sister and I were just talking about this today. She was reading through one of her mum support groups on Facebook and someone mentioned they were worried their baby wasn't walking yet. I think the baby was 13-15 months old. Instead of offering anything resembling support, everyone jumped on her and then bragged about their babies walking by 6 months.

Sanctimums indeed.

Sometimes people just suck :/

Stroke the furry wall
  • Moomin
    Yeah, I saw one where a lady had said her kid was breastfed but ate small snacks and cereal through the day and thought she was blocked up and wanted to know what other mom's used to unblock their kids. Every response from anyone who didn't suggest just breast feeding was literally laughed at and shot down. Two others had left the group before I looked at it and were laughed at because they left. I said that if either of my girls get blocked up and are in a bad way I give them some pure orange juice, some tomato soup or a cup of warm water with Brown sugar in it. One of those will work every time. For us. Within seconds "Juice is full of sugar. You should never give juice to a baby." "I agree, my baby has never had juice in 15 months and I don't intend to change that." And so on.
    All I can say is I hope the lady found something that worked for her because they were saying to not even let the baby have water (I know breast milk is a one stop shop) but surely an hour of extra fluid, sugary or not can't be a bad thing to a constipated child. It was an anon post too so I couldn't even get through personally. Never mind.

• Moomin
    @MomaFive my 4yo washes dishes (cereal bowls or sandwich plates and cups), vacuums the living room and has made attempts in the last couple ofweeks to make sandwiches. She can pour her own drink, get snacks from the cupboard, brush her own teeth and wash and dress herself. She's taken all this on by herself, I was going to start prompting at 5 but obviously don't need to. I don'tfforce this on people but if it comes up in conversation I'll mention it.

My sil was constantly talking about how well her dd could talk 6 months ago, background- she's 3m older than my youngest so 17mo now, and I actually started to worry because my Baby Bear wasn't saying anything other than noises (stupid I know!) But when we actually saw them last month she just babbled. Said "s'at?" As in what's that/who's that and was making animal noises. Not to be awful but I genuinely didn't notice her actually speaking. Had a huge sigh of relief that she wasn't signing up to Mensa any time soon and then thought "you have made me feel terrible for so long over that??" Now I take everything she writes on Facebook with a (large) pinch of salt! As of right now Baby Bear has a few words and makes a few animal sounds but has the biggest grasp on "cat" lol cats and dogs. I'm good with it, she'll talk when she's ready. Irritating people!!

• lilolmelilolme
    My statement is this "I have such a black thumb that I'm lucky my kids are still alive." That being said, they are ages 13,12,10,9,and 8. They help with chores, they both CIO and co slept. Some were BF some FF. all are intelligent, generally respectful. They address adults with Mr. or Mrs. They say Ma'am and Sir.  I could care less what other people do or teach their kids, as long as those kids aren't bullying my children.
  • WinginItWinginIt
    ?!  I'm not much of a sanctimommy, but I'm pretty sanctibacon.  Wth, guys.  You're killing me here.