What is WallyWorld?
  • shate98shate98
    I keep seeing this mystery store mentioned. What do they sell and why are they awesome?
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • momma2A
    We refer to Walmart as Wally world around here?
  • KrabbyKay
    AWESOME?? That's debatable. WAL MART!!!!
  • DemandaDemanda
    Hahahahaha it means Walmart, I believe.
    It always makes me laugh though because there used to be a kick-ass waterpark in my city called Wally World and I always think of that. I've never heard it in reference to Walmart before I joined this site.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    Wall mart , lol.
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • PJSaregreatPJSaregreat
    Yep, around here it's Walmart, lol.
  • RuralRebellionRuralRebellion
    It's definitely WalMart, but in Canada it isn't as shameful as in America.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Most everyone's mad here. You may notice that I'm not all there myself.
  • DinoDangerDinoDanger
    Yep... And we play this at our local Wally World:  (hope this works)image
    http://haynesfamilyhomestead.blogspot.com/
    Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free. - V for Vendetta
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. - The Old Astronomer, Sarah Williams
  • cheesehead4ever
    Back in 1988, I was visiting Missouri for three weeks and all of my friends kept referring to Wally World when talking about Walmart. I had no idea what they were talking about since there weren't Walmarts in our area yet(Wisconsin ).
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    Its where the Griswolds (sp? ) went on vacation, no?
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    @katz_meow Yes! We also all Wal-Mart Wally World. People of Wal-Mart is an interesting website.
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • cheesehead4ever
    RachelH19 said:

Yep... And we play this at our local Wally World:  (hope this works)image

. This is pretty funny, except for the eye patch, missing limb and oxygen tank since those can happen through no fault of their own. The bi-racial kids? Depends on the mom. My DD's friend's mom is a high school teacher married to a black man and six gorgeous children.

However that bingo card is missing the baby wearing only a diaper and drinking Mountain Dew. Please don't give me the argument about how it it is? Walmart has AC, usually freezing and the kid can at least wear a onesie.
  • DinoDangerDinoDanger
    Yeah... A lot of it's totally inappropriate.  But some of it... Pretty entertaining.  

This is even better:
    Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free. - V for Vendetta
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. - The Old Astronomer, Sarah Williams
  • shate98shate98
    lol. We have Wal-Mart. I've just never heard it called Wally World.
    Someone explain to me the ladies with the 2'+ long finger nails. LOL You see a lot of them on PoWM.

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • SaraMommySaraMommy
    LOL And here is a funny website dedicated to the "people of walmart" http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/about-the-people-of-walmart/
  • cheesehead4ever
    RachelH19 said:

Yeah... A lot of it's totally inappropriate.  But some of it... Pretty entertaining.  

This is even better:

I love people of Walmart. What's with people going there without pants or underwear?
  • DinoDangerDinoDanger
    @cheesehead4ever & @MarySunshine  I have no clue what prompts those folks to do what they do... 

The company I work for supplies to WM, and trust me, we've gotten a few consumer calls that we're pretty sure could be people on that website.  People call for the craziest stuff.
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    Surpisingly lewis county walmart isnt as bad as thurston county walmart... lewis county where i live is redneckville where as thurstin county olympia walmarts are full of ass backward shit.. but thats where the greeners and hippys are..
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • PrincessPeach
    Other additions to Bingo card because down here you will see: one or more restroom stalls (yes wall and floor) covered in poo, blood, or a combo of bodily fluids, broken stalls or plumbing in bathrooms, no paper towels, and people eating the produce (and I don't mean tasting a grape or two), Partially eaten foods thrown on shelves (nowhere near grocery area), soiled diapers anywhere, items missing from multi packs, someone vomiting in the parking lot for all to see. I shudder to think those eating produce have used previously mentioned bathrooms. This dirtiness is spreading into the Targets and other grocery stores. I don't understand how people can do this in public. Sorry for going slightly off topic.
    @princesspeach Our Target and Wal-Mart are next door to each other and you can go into one and then the other and see the difference in people. It's like people say, "Eh, it's Wal-Mart who gives a fuck? Imma leaving my half eaten sandwich (from Chik FIL A down the road) on the shelf." And the Target is normal. I've never encountered a "PoWM" type person in there once. I have had the displeasure of Bel Air snobs "slumming" it in our Target and being obliviously obnoxious, but that's because they have their heads up their ass and live in a bubble. LOL

• shate98shate98
    Wow our Wal Mart is nothing like this. It's always crowded and often messy. But not dirty grody. There are some interesting characters in there, but nothing compared to where I work (not my office, just the area).

I take offense to the square for the guy buying beer and diapers. He's just getting essentials! (And you would never see that here since WalMart is not allowed to carry booze).
  • LiquidPeppermintLiquidPeppermint
    @saramommy beat me to it. 

I lived in the town with the busiest Wal-Mart in the world.  Gallup, New Mexico, believe it or not.  We used to call it MexicoMart, because it was so similar to one of those Mexican flea markets you'd go to in Cancun or something.  It was hella crowded, filthy, the water would give you the shits, no one spoke English, and I fully expected a chicken, feathers and all, to go flying up and screeching at any given moment.

You've been to your wal-mart on Black Friday or Christmas Eve, right? That's how this one was EVERY SATURDAY.  First time I went there on the first Saturday of a month, I got stuck in the parking lot for two hours.  Couldn't get in.  Couldn't get out.  Just stuck. 

On that bingo card would have to be:

Someone selling tamales and/or jewelry in the parking lot
    Someone with a Jack Daniels Bottle and a sign saying he's hungry
    A Vendor Truck selling Navajo Tacos for charity

• SchweddyBallsSchweddyBalls
    surprisingly enough.....our local wallyworld/hellmart is not THAT bad......I have yet to see anyone worthy of POWM. Howfuckingever......we have more than our fair share of those "imma stand right here with my cart blocking the wholefuckingaisle while me and my cousin catch up and have a little family reunion" ....... *eyefuckeyefuckeyefuck* 
    Occasionally, if you choose to be so brave, you can also find the "grown ass children still sucking on bottles in tow with women outnumbered 10-1 by the kids they have dragged in"...including my favorites, such as " I have my broke down stroller loaded with 4 kids, so I will let my 6 year old push the shopping cart"..... but thats usually only on Saturdays and Sunday afternoons.....
    I'm the nicest person you will ever meet, UNTIL you fuck with me or the betches I love.......
  • SchmelenSchmelen
    Thanks for the laughs! I miss living close to wallyworld, thank god for online shopping.
  • SchweddyBallsSchweddyBalls
    I failed to mention the creeper guy in his late 40's who apparently LOVES anything spiderman and uses wallyworld as his personal track for mall walking........while singing along to his ipod......haven't figured out WHAT he is singing......but at last count while enjoying a cold beverage and fries in Mickey D's......he was averaging 5 laps in 30 minutes......  o.O
    I'm the nicest person you will ever meet, UNTIL you fuck with me or the betches I love.......
  • kittenkitty00
    I find it funny in my area walmart is one step up from the winco or supersaver where u bag your own stuff. And target is the same as everywhere else.
  • kittenkitty00
    Oh and we have neighborhood markets which is the smiths of walmart just food stuff no clothes or stuff they are nicer a bit in uppity neighborhoods for those that like the price but not the super center
  • DinoDangerDinoDanger
    I'm actually heading to WM headquarters next week to meet with our buyer... I'll head to the first Walmart and check for some POWM worthy characters.  It's in Arkansas... So I might be able to, haha!

Wish me POWM luck! :)
    Cheers @rachelh19 ! Happy hunting!

There was one lady in the Super Wal-Mart by our old house in NJ....she was def PoWM worthy...she looked like she walked out of the red light district and into WallyWorld. I was cursing my crap cell phone for not having a camera.

• mommyof2_76
    @kittenkitty00 what part of the state do you live in? Over in the wvc the Winco is way better than the Walmart up the street even if you do have to bag your own grocery's. LOL :)
  • cheesehead4ever
    The old Walmart closest to us was disgusting. The only reason I would go in there was for formula because it was the cheapest. I would grab my limit of five cans and not come back for five weeks.
    My two stories. Once I bought groceries at the nicer new Walmart. Came home and a few days later had company. Opened the jar of hot fudge to find that someone had taken a big scoop out of it with their finger. Of course when I took it back, the cashier at customer service showed no reaction like it happens all the time.

Once about 16 years ago I had to run to Walmart to buy a box of Monistat on my lunch break. Walmart was the closest store. I grab the box and get to the cash register. It won't scan because some cheapskate had cut out the UPC code to get the rebate without buying it. Then the cashier had to do a price check, fortunately over the phone not the intercom. However the clerk at the other end didn't understand and my cashier had to wave the Monistat box in the air.

What's worse is when I told my future mother in law this story, she admitted (since she is one of the most frugal/cheap women on earth) that she has cut out UPCs without buying the product!
    I bought DSS Call of Duty MW2 or 3, whichever was out a year ago Christmas, at Walmart.  Wrapped it, took it across the country, put it under the tree at the in-laws. 

After everything was opened, he wanted to play the game.  Opened it up.  No disc.  I know the return policy at WalMart is no return of an opened game.  But he wanted the game, so we went to the WalMart where the in-laws live, and they said it actually happens a lot.  People steal the disc, then someone buys the empty package, and that they'd return it with the receipt for the same game.  Well, of COURSE I didn't have the receipt with me halfway across country.  And when I got back home, they wouldn't return it.  SUCKED.  $60 down the drain.
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    That's bullshit @LiquidPeppermint.
    I was a CSM at Wal-Mart for years... they could have called over a CSM, an Asst. Mgr, or the damn Store Mgr even... and done an override... you were only exchanging for the SAME ITEM... you weren't trying to get something different. Assholes.
    Great customer service. I would have approved it.
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

I guess Wal-Mart around here is different... I don't even shop at Target... granted, depending on the area you are in... the customers are different... the one I live closest to, (that I originally worked at) the customers are all normal suburban type people. The one I met Daniel at... (that he still works in the Pharmacy at)... it's more......... located by shitty cities ... ummmmmm ... not as classy customers.... but not PoWM worthy.
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b

• meandmy243meandmy243
    Walmart= camo and skol
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • WhoDatIsWhoDatIs
    So I'm one of the white girls in Wal-mart with 3 multiracial children. Sweet, I'll hand out Bingo Dots next time I'm in there. LMAO

And DS has stimulation issues and will run amuck and or throw tantrums at ANY fucking store. At least people at Walmart let me go about my shopping without dirty looks about my kid, you know? I buy produce from a higher end grocer, people have actually asked what the F is wrong with me for bringing him in there. Sorry fucklefaces, didn't have a choice. I'll call you to babysit next time.

Ooh sorry rant over. Not directed at anyone little bit of pent up anger from my family giving me shit for shopping there.

Furthermore, I like, agree, lol many of your comments. None of it being snarkish in any way. ;-)
    You and me, we go way back.
    @WickedDunkieJunkie I think that the problem was with that particular store and them trying to stem the absolutely rampant theft issues in that store (and town) in particular.  It seems that some people were stealing the discs and selling them on Craigslist for $40.  I kind of don't blame them; I should have realized that the game wasn't shrink-wrapped when I bought it.  But the situation still really sucked.

The town I'm in now has two WalMarts and a Target.  I LOVE one of the WalMarts and HATE the other.  And I can't even put my finger on why.  The one I dislike is bigger, newer, and slightly closer to me, but I avoid it like the plague. 

I also avoid Target like the plague, for the simple reason that their cheap, plastic crap is 40% more expensive than WalMart's cheap, plastic crap.  Everything at Target is more expensive but not, in my opinion, higher quality.  I know I'm probably bringing a shitstorm on myself, but that's just the case here. 
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    Wow. WalMart in Canada is high-class by comparison. I guess calling it Wally World is like people here who used to call the Salvation Army store the Sally Ann.
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • CrashCrash
    Yeah, our Walmarts are quite civilized places. Only once or twice do I see a Timmy's wrapper or cup on a shelf, or a mcD's wrapper. And the bathrooms are usually very clean.
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
    @liquidpeppermint :x Wal-Mart might be cheaper, but Target keeps me from getting arrested for simple assault, and therefore saving us the expense of bail. =)) My patience for the window lickers at our Wally World is minimal, if even at all.

• shate98shate98
    @MarySunshine and see I avoid target because of the restocking fee
    @shate98 Well played! It's all about my sanity. I really do leave Wal-Mart with white knuckles and violence-laced mumblings. With the exception of the brand spanking new o e by our old house in NJ....I never have a good experience there.

• shate98shate98
    @MarySunshine try the one out by me. It's not too bad.
    @fatchickonabike my mom & aunts still call the Salvation Army, Sally's
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b

31 Ways to Have an Extra-Specially Fun Time At WalMart!

PLUS A GREAT WAY TO BEAT THE BLAHS!

1. Take shopping carts for the express purpose of filling them and stranding them at strategic locations.

2. Get boxes of condoms and randomly put them in peoples carts when they don't realize it.

3. Set all the alarm clocks to go off at ten minute intervals throughout the day.

4. Run up to an employee (preferably a male) while squeezing your legs
    together and practically yell at him "Where are your tampons?"

5. Try on bras over top of your clothes.

6. Make a trail of orange juice on the ground, leading to the restrooms.

7. While walking around the store, sing in your loudest voice possible I smell sex and candy"

8. Walk up to an employee and tell him in an official tone, "I think we've got a Code 3 in housewares," and see what happens.

9. Tune all the radios to a polka station; then turn them all off and turn the volumes to "10."

10. Challenge other customers to duels with tubes of gift wrap.

11. Re-dress the mannequins as you see fit.

12. Test the fishing rods and see what you can "catch" from the other aisles.

13. Put M&M's on layaway.

14. Move "Caution: Wet Floor" signs to carpeted areas.

15. Set up a tent in the camping department; tell others you'll only invite them in if they bring pillows from Bed and Bath.

16. Contaminate the entire auto department by sampling all the spray air fresheners.

17. Nonchalantly "test" the brushes and combs in Cosmetics.

18. When someone asks if you need help, begin to cry and ask, "Why won't you people just leave me alone?"

19. Look right into the security camera, and use it as a mirror while you pick your nose.

20. Take up an entire aisle in Toys by setting up a full scale battlefield with G.I. Joes vs. the X-Men.

21. Ask other customers if they have any Grey Poupon.

22. While handling guns in the hunting department, suddenly ask the clerk if he knows where the anti-depressants are.

23. Switch the men's and women's signs on the doors of the restrooms.

24. Dart around suspiciously while humming the theme from "Mission Impossible."

25. Set up a "Valet Parking" sign in front of the store.

26. In the auto department, practice your "Madonna" look with various funnels.

27. Hide in the clothing racks and when people browse through, say
    things like "pick me !! pick me!!" and scare them into believing that
    the clothes are talking to them.

28. When an announcement comes over the loudspeaker, assume the fetal position and scream, "No, no! It's those voices again!"

29. Go to an empty checkout stand and try to check people out.

30. Drag a lounge chair on display over to the magazines and relax.

If the store has a food court, buy a soft drink; explain that you don't
    get out much, and ask if they can put a little umbrella in it.

31. Go into the dressing room and yell real loud..."Hey, were out of toliet paper in here!"

From http://www.moneymakergroup.com/31-Ways-Extra-speciall-t121142.html
  • CrashCrash
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • essgirl
    The thing I miss most about living in the States is......... Walmart :D
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    :) =)) @LiquidPeppermint! Put m & m's on layaway!!!
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
    @curious
    *like lol*

@krabbykay