Rainy weather rant!
  • LilukiLiluki
    I'm stuck in my house with two over active toddlers and a bored DH. The rain is so bad here at the moment (we are getting the left overs from a cyclone up north) we are on flood watch so we can't go out. Best of all it's a public holiday long weekend...

I've tried everything I can think of to keep these kids of mine happy and quiet, but all they want to do is run around inside like lunatics or escape outside to play in the stream of storm water run off that has appeared in the front yard...

Instead of helping, my DH is playing with the kids Lego. Seriously....

Can someone please put me out of my misery before my PMS explodes and they all hate me???

“If your kid needs a role model and you ain't it, you're both fucked.”
    ― George Carlin, Brain Droppings
  • LovemylilcritterLovemylilcritter
    Bummer. I love the rain.

You can't just leave them outside and lock the door and unlock it when you finish a glass of wine?
  • LilukiLiluki
    Lol!

I used to love the rain until we got flash flooded back In 2011. I've never seen so much water or been so scared in my life!

The water out the front goes directly to a huge storm water drain at the edge of our property. It is definitely a no go zone!
  • gramalibbygramalibby
    put down a plastic sheet fill a tub with soapy water and let em at it ....
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    Edible finger paint. mix up some pudding, strip 'em down and let them "paint" away. When they are done throw them in the tub and let dh be in charge. Hide in your closet with a glass of wine until they hunt you down.

Play hide and seek, seek very slowly (or hide in closet with glass of wine until they find you)

Bake cookies together, make play dough, dance party. Good luck, we're stick inside because its been below freezing here.
  • BeachyBeachy
    Scavenger hunt, build a fort, let them clean, let them bake, glow in the dark bath,
    NAP!
    Searching for my lost shaker of salt.
  • rockmomrockmom
    I like @beachy 's suggestion "let them clean".
    Act like it's a special privelege! =))
    tripp175a
  • KrabbyKay

@rockmom I milked that one for as long as I could!!! They are now 12 and 8 and wayyy on to me. Actually DS8 still likes to vacuum. They used to fight about who "got" to scrub the tub, WTF???

I don't let them do laundry anymore since the Pants And Underwear Incident.

• BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    Where are you?  It's raining here today, lovin' it.  Gonna get dd dressed in her slicker and galoshes and let her go to town in the mud puddles...and since we're all dirt, there are LOTS of mud puddles!
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • LilukiLiluki
    @BellaBefana I'm in Queensland Australia. We are on flood and tornado watch so we really can't go out side. Right now our puddles are about a foot deep and the outside of the house is covered in spiders and insects trying to escape the water.
  • momma2A
    We've been stuck inside too because it's too cold here. Been pushing -30/-45 for a week. Too chilly to take DD outside even for shoppin most days. Luckily she doesn't need to wear off as much energy as some kids I've seen and we have fun with blocks and crafts and playing in her play tent.

Flash flooding sounds very scary! We're much too high for that where we are
  • LilukiLiluki
    Well my yard is under water now. If this rain keeps up looks like my kids will get to go swimming after all!

@momma2A it never gets below 14F here... there is no way I could handle -45F!!
  • momma2A
    @Notleppop actually I meant -45C but that's about -49F regardless damn cold
  • horsehotti
    Make home made play dough, cookies, paper dolls. Just a few ideas
  • SaraMommySaraMommy
    I am ready for warm weather myself and so is DS2. Over the weekend you could just tell he was itching to get outside and play. I feel bad for him, but with the nasty weather and how he just got over a nasty cough, I don't want to risk letting him play in the cold. And of course, there isn't much to hold his interest for long, but we've tried finger painting, bath paint, play-do, let him help us cook, make tents in the living room...Good luck! It's not easy to maintain your sanity with kids during these nasty months!