Depress after quit breastfeeding
  • ErispagettiErispagetti
    I quit breastfeeding cause I got sick and the dr put me on meds. They were unsafe for baby. Now I am depress all the time. Has anyone else been thru this? Is this normal?
  • Are you pumping and tossing it while you're on the meds? Do you plan to continue after you are off your meds?
  • ErispagettiErispagetti
    hand pump and toss out for a few days. Then decide not breastfeed after I got off the meds
  • ErispagettiErispagetti
    hand pump and toss out for a few days. Then decide not breastfeed after I got off the meds
  • ProudPalsyMamma
    What medicine is it??
  • ErispagettiErispagetti
    Antibiotic. Don't remember the exact name
  • ProudPalsyMamma
    It is perfectly alright to breastfeed while using antibiotics you just have to watch out for thrush
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    I breastfeed my Dd when I was on steroids , lol. My dr said it was ok and I was in the hospital right after having her. Allergic reaction that was severe. Me + tape = chemical burn ! Ouch !!! Ran a fever and itchy and well just ouch ! Still they said it was ok to breastfeed ! When she eventually switched to formula (it's a long story ) she had to have HOT ! I think it was because the first days she fed I had a fever so she got used to it being HOT ! Lol
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • Chocoholic
    @erispagetti - which antibiotic? Almost every antibiotic is completely compatible with breastfeeding unless there is a knocks allergy, in which case most can be substituted.

I am not saying this if you have decided to you want to stop nursing, but so you have all the information before choosing to wean as it seems to be upsetting you.

I am in the process of child-led weaning and am finding it very sad. There is also a hormonal impact as breastfeeding does change your hormones, as does the ceasing of breastfeeding . Your feelings are totally normal, and completely OK, however if at any time you really start feeling low, and feel like you want to harm yourself or others, that is NOT normal, and you should reach out.

Please feel free to PM me anytime.
    The answer is chocolate. I don't care what the question is.
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    What is the antibiotic? Call the Pediatrician and ask them. Most antibiotics are safe when nursing.
  • ErispagettiErispagetti
    It was choice to breastfeed on tHE ANTIBIOTIC. The doctor didn't recommend it.

@chocoholic Thank yoi
  • gramalibbygramalibby
    Hormones , much love many hugs
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    @Erispagetti you didn't say it was your choice to stop. You said you stopped because of the antibiotics. Gradually it gets easier, you're hormones go a little crazy when you stop especially if you just stop nursing abruptly. If its really bad you may want to talk to your Dr.
  • GPAMomGPAMom
    Women shouldn't breastfeed while taking tetracycline as it can stain the baby's teeth and also impair bone development. But, there are lots and lots of antibiotics that are ok.

Like others said, stopping nurses mucks with your hormones- which may already be mucky if your child is still a baby. I nursed my youngest until he was 3 and I still was sad and depressed when we stopped- even though it was absolutely my choice.

I hope you feel better soon. If you decide you want to go back to nursing (which is feasible if you've only stopped for a few days), call your doctor and ask for an alternative that is safe for breastfeeding.

*hugs*
  • skooshkaskooshka
    I weened my son about a month ago.  I was depressed at first.  In order to get over it, I left him with my husband for an entire day. I got my hair done and I went shopping.  No more depression!  lol