wierd..
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    My niece went to the doctor today for an ultrasound shes had 7 positive pregnancy test and her lmp puts her at 13 weeks. so today they did an ultrasound and found nothing. her hgc levels coincide with 13 weeks. I feel bad for her she was just letting herself get excited.
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    13 weeks? She thinks she is already 3 months pregnant & she is just going to the doctor?

I could understand a hiding fetus at 5-6 weeks maybe... but if she would have already been in her second trimester... it's pretty much not likely at this point.

Did they check for any other reasons that her HGC levels could be elevated?

Couldn't be ectopic... would have ruptured her fallopian tube at that size.

I hate to say it but... ovarian cancer?

I'm sorry her heart is broken. I understand. I do. But, I really hope it's not a sign of something more serious.
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• AlbertaMomAlbertaMom
    Molar pregnancy?
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    She doesnt know to much more. they are doing more tests. she has been to her primary while waiting to get into the ob she moved since her last child and hadnt seen a ob there. She is kind of freaked out over it.
  • LLBLLB
    At 13 weeks they should have seen *something*.

I think a molar pregnancy would show on the u/s too though. She didn't happen to be taking anything that would show up in the blood test as a pregnancy did she? I know they have those diet pills that contain hcg.
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    Nope she is going to go get checked for cancer my grandma had it in the late 1950's and survived. since its in the bloodlines its something to look into it.

thanks @wickeddunkiejunkie for that advice i was not the only one to ask her about it.
  • beambeam
    Blighted ovum / anembryonic pregnancy?

Whatever it is, so sorry for your niece.
    A broken heart is a rite of passage and, looking back, I must have wanted one pretty badly. "Kick me," I demanded, and when somebody finally did, I burst like a cheap piñata. - DAVID SEDARIS