stuck in the hospital :(
  • missmama5missmama5
    So I went into labor & delivery last night because I was having contractions. Turns out I'm 2-3 cm dilated so they admitted me, put me on the monitor. Baby is great, fluid is still low, contractions are coming & going which is a huge pain in the ass. Speaking of pain in the ass, I had the first of two steroid shots for her lungs last night. They should be coming with another one soon, oh joyous day, my butt cheek is twitching. Sigh. I'm on the ward now so at least the bed is more comfy & there's a kitchen. I think I'll go take a shower. I haven't been here in a whole day so I guess I'm rambling! Ugh. I don't even know what we are doing at this point I think it's touch & go. They can't figure out why my fluid is low because baby is fine & the placenta is still working properly, and I haven't ruptured my membranes. I trust them, they're great doctors, but I'm so frustrated.
  • 456Imamom
    Oh no! Take care and hugs  >:D<
    I'd be sooooo bored if I was stuck in the hospital too! don't worry about rambling ;)

• AAA08
    Sending you love. I know how scary and exhausting coming and going contractions are, especially before 36 weeks. Spent many nights in the hospital my other 2 pregnancies, and i am getting frustrated myself this time. Wish we were in the same country so we could text. :(
  • VegantasticVegantastic
    >:D< >:D< :-*  Sending you lots of baby dust! Stay in there and keep cooking Avery!
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world"
    "Don't Panic"
  • AAA08
    After these 2 babies get here, we are going to have to plan a trip someday and meet up. :)
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    Damn computer, I lost my post!

Anyway, best place for you!  At least you're in a "real" bed, I was in the maternity equivalent of the ICU bed for 3 1/2 days...nothin' like being 35 1/2 weeks of beached whale on a glorified gurney!

You and the baby are going to be just fine!!!  PM me if you need to chat or just need some moral support!
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    Oh man, that is frustrating. At least you are in the best place to be. At the very least try and get some rest.
  • Chocoholic
    I went into preterm labor at 34 week in a situation somewhat similar to yours (although no low fluid- I got dehydrated thanks to being forced to go on an outdoor field trip in 95 degree weather).

I got the shots, and they put me on Nifedipine to stop contractions etc. I was pretty freaked out, but doctors really DO know what they are doing, and @bellabefana is dead right that you are right where you want to be.

In my case, I got to go home after a week in the hospital (at 35 weeks) stayed on bed rest, and DD came out at 38 weeks 2 days.
    The answer is chocolate. I don't care what the question is.
  • Lakegirl34
    Sending hugs and ***holdonalittlelongerbabydust***.
  • Sorry to hear that you had to be admitted. Take it easy and ramble all you want.
    >:D<
  • missmama5missmama5
    @456imamom @sahm1020 @aaa08 @Bellabefana @shouldclean @chocoholic @lakegirl34 @wickedbitchoftheeast thank you guys!. It really is the best place, I love that I can relax a bit here knowing if anything happened we are so well monitored. I just miss my hubby & kiddo so much already. It's a nice quiet little vacation ;) but it's very lonely.
  • sunnymommasunnymomma
    Im so happy you were admitted, makes me nervous that you lived so far from the hospital. Everyday Avery stays put is great!!!! hugs momma!!! 
    I am me, and I am loved
  • Mommyliciousx4Mommyliciousx4
    Atleast you're in a good place and are being monitored.
    Smojo your way.
  • lilolmelilolme
    Sorry you're bored but glad you are in the best place for you and the baby. Sending smojo your way to help her stay put.
  • missmama5missmama5
    @aaa08 yes that would be great wouldn't it? I how your little dude comes out soon for you!

@Bellabefana those beds are hell on wheels. So glad they switched me!

@chocoholic the steroid shots are so painful but worth it! I'll be 34 Weeks tomorrow.
  • missmama5missmama5
    @sunnymomma @Mommyliciousx4 @lilolme :) thanks ladies!I think I'm going to grab my gooey self a shower, damn monitor gel.
  • AAA08
    The steroid shots do suck...I had them with my oldest. And thanks. I hope so too. Enjoy your shower...they were always the highlight of my stays. :)
  • VegantasticVegantastic
    FWIW I got my prednisone shots in my arm... Mind you she stabbed me like she was trying to kill me lol but way better than an ass shot. It's worth asking about, if your poor ass is tired of being stuck with those giant needles
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world"
    "Don't Panic"
  • BeerWenchBeerWench
    (((Hugs)))
    :¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•** She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten**•-:¦:-•:*'""*:• -:¦:-
  • missmama5missmama5
    Ahhhhh peace & quiet and hot showers, @aaa08 thems the perks I must say.
    @sahm1020 mine are Celestone I wonder if that's why they never gave me an option, cuz it's different?I dunno, I don't care where they go they hurt like a fucker! Lol!
  • missmama5missmama5
    Hugs @beerwench
  • sidsmommy3sidsmommy3
    Sending big hugs......
    Mary :-)

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    Not my favorite place to be, but when you need to be there, there's no better place. ;-)

Love and hugs for a drama free stay!
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • LLBLLB
    ((Hugs)) honey! I knew something was up when I didn't see you post at all today. Didn't want to seem like a crazy stalker starting a thread about it though...

Glad you are there and they are watching you closely should things get bad.

Keep on cooking just a little bit longer sweet baby girl.
  • KellynnKellynn
    I'm glad you are getting good care. It's great peace of mind. Hugs, mama. xoxoxo
  • missmama5missmama5
    @sidsmommy3 @marysunshine thank you! :)
    @llb lmfao I was a little offended when I came on and was like what, nobody noticed I was gone?! Pfft! Haha just kidding, thank you for worrying (everyone!) I'm trying to keep her in!
  • missmama5missmama5
    @kellyn it is, thank you :)
  • sunnymommasunnymomma
    Did you pack your tin cup so you can run it along the bed rails while your locked in babycookingjail? ;)
    I am me, and I am loved
  • Lakegirl34
    @missmama5 I noticed too, but like @llb I didn't want to seem like a stalker or make you feel bad if you were just taking some time off to rest.
    I think I'm stalking most of the pregnant SM's on here that actively post, and maybe just need to admit I'm a creepy stalker. :\">
  • LilbitLilbit
    @missmama5 I'm praying for you and baby girl! I have been since you announced your pregnancy, and I'm happy you are somewhere safe in good capable hands!
  • GPAMomGPAMom
    Thinking happy stay put baby thoughts for you! :-)

(By the way, "hi!"- I'm GPAMom. Nice to meet you. It always seems so awkward to comment without at least an introduction. :-) )
  • missmama5missmama5
    @sunnymomma damn I forgot it!

@lilbit thank you so much I appreciate it. Baby girl &I are I'm good hands, and if she comes now at 34 Weeks she will be just fine :)

@lakegirl34 haha I do the same thing no worries it's nice to have a few others along for the ride!

@gpamom hi! And thank you!
  • KrabbyKay
    Staaaaaay Avery,,,,STAY! Sending stay-baby-stay thoughts, and just in case we will send our very own Perfectly Healthy 34 Weeker smojo, too!! I'll try not to throw in the 16 Hour Labor, although I think that is what helped mature is lungs...I got no steroid shots....
    If your're bored you can play with us!!!
  • sunnymommasunnymomma
    oh damn!! Now what are you gonna do to pass the time? You can always order two different flavors of jello and keep the spoons and teach yourself how to play the spoons!! (trying to be useful and funny here......)

But seriously Im so happy your so close to being done, holding that lil girl in your arms, and pics man I cant wait to see pictures!!! 
    I am me, and I am loved
  • squishsquish
    This may just be the optimist in me but someone else is cooking (how good the food is is beside the point), there's tv, some quiet alone time, and ummm you can focus on keeping Avery baking.

When I was in for my c-section, I liked to make up story lines for the nurses and doctors a la greys anatomy.
  • KrabbyKay
    @squish LOL!!!!! That's a great idea!! I was already in labor, water broken the whole deal, so I didn't get to do any fun stuff. I had been on terb, mag and bedrest at home since the 22nd week, I was already damn near out of my everlovin gourd!!!
    I agree with read, tv, try to relax a little with no children/DH nagging the life out of you, make up stories haha!
  • missmama5missmama5
    @krabbykay haha oh no, no labor for me! Ahhhhh! :) you have a 34 weeker?

@sunnymomma @squish that's actually what I do, I just eavesdrop like crazy lol I'm so bad. But it passes the time! And you're right, I don't have to cook or clean or anything it is quite nice. Not to mention the food here isn't half bad....maybe because I didn't have to cook it? Lol!
  • squishsquish
    I loved to peak in rooms. I'm horribly nosey. I also love hospitals and doctors for some reason. I was way too excited to be in the hospital.
  • Peace
    Aww, take care of yourself! Maybe you can find a decent movie or tell us some stories... :D
  • sunnymommasunnymomma
    Are you stuck in bed or can you walk the halls or wheel around the halls?

OMG you get total control of the remote!! High five! you dont have to watch kids shows!!! 
    I am me, and I am loved
  • missmama5missmama5
    @squish I'm a room peeker too, shh! Lol

@peace my phone is going to die soon :( and I got admitted to the ward too late at night to order TV! I guess it's playing the spoons & eavesdropping for me!
  • KrabbyKay
    *snicker* I'm a room peeker too (while walking allthefuckover trying to get labor to progress!!)
    @missmama5 Yep DS8 is a 34 weeker. Totally healthy, never spend a single second in NICU. Weighed 6#7oz , a whole oz heavier than his full-term sister!!!
  • gramalibbygramalibby
    Granma is asking pretty please w lots of fairey dust please Avery cook a bit longer. Mama get the pampering and TLC and watchful Docs special treatment . You are held in the hollow of Creators hand plus the wee barin . Many warm fuzzys sent ur way
  • missmama5missmama5
    @sunnymomma Oooooh I am totally in control at home too ;) and I'm allowed to walk around just can't go off the ward. It's a really small ward. I wish they would let me go peek on some adorable babies in the nicu or maternity ward. Boo.
  • LLBLLB
    Awe boo where's your phone charger?!?!
  • missmama5missmama5
    @krabbykay good to know!! :)
    @gramalibby thank you :)
    @llb dh forgot it :(but he remembered evening else including my pillows so I can't even be mad. Well maybe a little.
  • sunnymommasunnymomma
    you have to order TV? what kind of nonsense is that? boo on that and the dying phone. Happy roaming, maybe linger outside someones room with tv ;) it'll only be a little creepy! 
    I am me, and I am loved
  • sunnymommasunnymomma
    Any chance the nurses desk has a charger you can borrow for a min? 
    I am me, and I am loved
  • missmama5missmama5
    @sunnymomma yep gotta pay for it. I guess that's what happens when the health care is free, somethings gotta give! Lol! There's a common area with TV but the chairs suck and I'm tired & sore. I'll have to find out about the charger, good idea!
  • GoddessGoddess

I didn't read all the comments b/c I just hopped on to check things out.  I'm about to fall asleep.

Hope you are ok and the lil one minds her p's and q's and stays put!

Mucho hugs, baby!

• Peace
    Hmm. If you need company & aren't too sore, ask if they get that OWN, Oprah station. Lance Armstrong interview tonight. If you turn that on, that should suck in some staff to keep you company!