Mammogram today! Any advice?
  • LilukiLiluki
    So I'm off for a battery of tests today - several blood tests, ultrasounds and a mammogram for various lumps my GP and I found all over my body.

I'm putting on my brave face for my DH but with my sister going through cancer treatment for the last year I can't help but be a little nervous.

I'm only 28 so I haven't had a mammogram before and was wondering if it is as painful as my family told me? They tend to over exaggerate with things like this... Does breast size make a difference? I have big ass 38E boobs and I am PMSing today so they are already sore and swollen.

On a side note I must be crazy to book a mammogram during a heat wave (live in AUS). It's only 7:30am and it is already 77F and they are expecting the temp to reach at least 105F. I don't know how I'm going to stand not being able to wear deodorant, perfume or lotion all day!
    “If your kid needs a role model and you ain't it, you're both fucked.”
    ― George Carlin, Brain Droppings
  • BeerWenchBeerWench
    Mammogram is easy... they handle your boob and squish it between two plastic plates.  Nothing to worry about. And no, it's not NEARLY as painful as they used to be.
    :¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•** She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten**•-:¦:-•:*'""*:• -:¦:-
  • LilukiLiluki
    Great thank you! Not so nervous now...
  • realtormomrealtormom
    The bigger your boobs, the less painful.
    The past has a vote, not a veto ~ Moredecai Kaplan
  • LilukiLiluki
    Thanks @BeerWench and @realtormom. It is all over and done now. Not nearly as bad as I was expecting!

Thanks again for the advice today, it really helped. :)