268962 not posting because you work
  • squishsquish
    Please come post more. I work outside the home and have never felt judged for that choice. We can compare work stories. It would be great to hear your opinions and experiences.
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    OC, you're wrong about that. Many of us work; some are unemployed but are looking for work; and some are SAHMs. Nobody here has ever judged me for working outside the home.
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • PurpleFlowersPurpleFlowers
    I work full time and look how many posts I have. :D Nobody have ever judged me.
    Stay away from my chocolate and nobody gets hurt!

I think I like who I am becoming...
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    Not all board members are SAHMs (or dads).... it's a gaggle of mixed up members...

We work from home... outside the home... we work at McDonald's, we are teachers, we work in Corporate America... 

There is no one TYPICAL ScaryMommy member... come... join in...
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• GingersnapGingersnap
    I don't judge moms (or dads) for working outside of the home. It's a personal and family decision.

Everyone is welcome here. 

Also, are most ScaryMommies SAHMs? I wasn't aware of that. Did we do a poll?
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • Lakegirl34
    I didn't see the confession, but I'm a working outside the home mom and once asked about other working outside the home moms on the board and feeling alone, but got a ton of responses that helped me feel included and get feedback on managing it all. Please come join!
  • beachmommybeachmommy

I work full-time-plus, at a pretty hectic job in a high level position....and I do most of my scary mommy-ing while at work.

Although I agree that some days I feel in the minority, the topics on here range wide enough that I always find something to relate to!

Come play with UUUUSSSS!

My beach is still Sandy....
  • BeerWenchBeerWench

same here @beachmommy

:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•** She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten**•-:¦:-•:*'""*:• -:¦:-
  • AAA08
    I currently teach part-time, but am now on maternity leave. I most likely have to find a full-time position in the fall when we move back to a major city. I've never felt a divide between those who work outside the home and those who are sahm.
  • tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    I didn't see the confession, but I work (part time) too!  It makes me a better mom, I'm convinced of it.
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • GoddessGoddess
    I've been unemployed on the boards and now work full time plus hour one way commute. I don't post as often as I used to and can't keep up as well as I'd like.
    But everyone here is completely supportive one way or the other. Come play!
  • DemandaDemanda
    I haven't seen the confession either, but there are tons of working moms here. I was always a working mom until I quit for school. And that is much more time consuming than my job ever was! So I can relate! Lots of us can.
    And if you're feeling judged, OC, please don't! Working is not something I've ever noticed to be frowned upon here.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket
  • CanadianMamaCanadianMama
    (268962): I hardly post on the message boards here because they're filled with SAHMs. I've always had to work and I don't want to be judged.

community-manager

• CanadianMamaCanadianMama
    There are a lot of moms on the boards who work and a lot who go to school. We have moms of all types here, please join in!

community-manager

• I haven't seen the confession either. I do know this is a very supportive group. Everyone is different and everyone has their own story---
  • squishsquish
    Sorry couldn't post the confession from my phone while at work. I think this was the most notifications I've ever received lol.

I hope the oc joins us.
  • forkinthehead
    I saw the confession. I have been here over a year. There are times that I feel like a fish out of water too. I'm an older mom, my kids are adults...close in age to a lot of the mommys here. Some things I can relate to...other things I can't. OC jump in when you can :)
  • OpheliaOphelia
    I usually post from my phone while I'm at work, OC. You won't be judged.. I know I'm not cut out to be a sahm, I'd end up on the news. No one will judge you for doing what's best for YOUR family.
    Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.. -Grateful Dead<3
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    This is what makes this site special, we are all in dufferent situations, and we are all welcome and just as respected as the next. Post as much as you want/can. The judgy ones get called out on it anyhow. :-) and sometimes banned.
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    Ps, I work, and I earn more than Dh. Its something I'm proud of, not ashamed of or fearful of judgment for.

Don't be a dick.
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    Please post ! And tell us about your day. No judgement here. I need to find a job.
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • KrabbyKay
    What the heck? I work full time, out of town even!! I do shift work (ok the first time I typed that it was "shit work" Freudian much? hahahaha!!) so I know I seem like a SAHM...also I play on SM at work...but I'm a working outside the home mom. No one ever said squat to me about it!! There's a work thread here, even, I go on there and gripe about crews that drive me bonkers....
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    And I'm on my phone right now at work posting. :-D

Don't be a dick.
  • deviltwinsmommadeviltwinsmomma
    i am posting right now and I am at work. no judgement here..
    i work full time and go to school...
    my mother used to sing me a song. It went like this: "Life is short, life is shit, and soon it will be over.
  • NorthernMommyNorthernMommy

I work full time and currently have a DH who is working away on a 4 day on/3 day off rotation!  You will find tonnes of support here for all types of moms, without the judgment!  Like most of the moms, I do the bulk of my SM'ing from work, when I don't have my 2yo hanging off me, wanting the computer/iPad/phone!

Come join us!

• ChibikoChibiko
    Poating on my phone from work here. :D
    "We all cross over to the dark side at one point. We just all have different temptations" ~MarySunshine

"You were the truth I would rather lose than to have never lain beside at all" ~Death Cab for Cutie
  • VegantasticVegantastic
    I'm a SAHM (ok, technically a WAHM) but I NEVER judge another mom by whether or not she stays home! Different stroke for different folks! And everyone's situation is different- I think the diversity of experiences and situations is what makes this such a great place! There's always someone who can relate to you, and always someone who can offer you a different perspective. Don't be shy OC- jump on in!
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world"
    "Don't Panic"
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    I'm a sahm, I wouldn't judge any one for working. Actually some days I wish I worked at last I'd have adult conversation, jump on in!
  • SaraMommySaraMommy
    Posting from work too!!! I enjoy SM so much more at work instead of being hounded by DS2 to play or DH asking what I'm doing! I just started working a few months ago and since I've been working, I get on SM WAY more than when I was at home! haha! Come join the boards! Everyone really is very welcoming!!!
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    Please post! I was a working mom and I am now a SAHM, no judgement from me! Both jobs can be fucking tough or a cake walk. It allllll depends on the day, know what I mean, Jelly Bean?
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • LesboMomLesboMom
    I work outside the home - and at home - and sometimes I work on one job AT my other job. :) 

confessional-manager

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. -- Helen Keller
  • kittykisses80kittykisses80
    I work full time as well and have 3 kids. Thankful for work breaks and lunches to post . :-)
  • 456Imamom
    I'm a WOHM (well, just started mat leave Monday), and a part time student. One of the things I love about SM is that I feel completely at home and accepted here! Whether I post or just lurk ;) 
    I can't connect from work, so I catch up at night. Sometimes I end up joining a thread at the end and so be it!
  • sunnymommasunnymomma
    I work fulltime, and am a single mom, I mostly post after dinner and all day on my days off!! No computer access at work and dont have a smart phone so I cant post while at work. so out of jealousy I say GET BACK TO WORK YOU SLACKERS  :P ;)
    I am me, and I am loved
  • LoveLove
    I'm at work right now in my pajamas but my boss kinda has a soft spot for the site I guess since she owns it so she actually is very encouraging about being on SM while at work ::snicker:: as long as I still find the time to get my actual work done...

Jump in, OC! 

community-manager

• SaraMommySaraMommy
    @sunnymomma Oh man!! No access to SM during your work day?!?! Say it isn't so!! What do you do to pass the time?? Actual work?? Damn, now I feel kinda bad for slacking. LOL And thankfully I have computer access or work or else I would be bored out of my mind. No smartphone for me either!
  • SaraMommySaraMommy

@Love nothing better than getting paid to be on SM all day!!!!!

• sunnymommasunnymomma
    @saramommy stupid work has everything blocked!!! my computer time at work is minimal anyways. Yeah they make me work, I protest for company naptime but they are winning 
    I am me, and I am loved
  • Aregularoneofyou
    LOL...we might LOOK like SAHMs by the way we post all day every day, but a lot of us are just screwing off at work.

A lot of Scary Mommies are SAHMs
    A lot of Scary Mommies work outside the home.
    Neither is better than the other.
    All Scary Mommies are created equal.
  • KellynnKellynn
    @SaraMommy, you and many other newer  members may not know this, but @love and all the other mods do not get paid for everything they do. They basically volunteer their time for this site and Jill and all of us. Pretty awesome, eh?
  • SaraMommySaraMommy
    @Kellynn I wasn't aware if they got paid or not...so when love mentioned her "work" I assumed that meant getting paid...but I didn't feel like it was my business to ask. lol. Thanks for clarifying! And yes, pretty awesome to volunteer so much of their time to make this site as kick ass as it is!
  • SaraMommySaraMommy

@saramommy stupid work has everything blocked!!! my computer time at work is minimal anyways. Yeah they make me work, I protest for company naptime but they are winning 

Thank goodness I work for a laid back place (local government...lol) that has nothing blocked!!! Otherwise, I don't know what I would actually do for 8 hours a day...Don't get me wrong, I do my actual work before I play :P
  • GritsGrits
    Yep, another WOHM here! No judgement...I've done the SAHM and WAHM, too. So jump in and I'm sure you'll see that you fit right in!
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • Chocoholic
    I work full time, and I will say that I feel like I have lost touch with SM since this term started. Not because of any issues on the boards, just lack of time to post, meaning I am just not as involved as I used to be. I do not have a job that allows me to be on the boards at all during the day, and I rarely have time any more at night (thank you grading).

I do feel like I am losing some connection, but that is on me- the ladies on the boards are always welcoming and awesome whenever I do jump in. Miss you all.
    The answer is chocolate. I don't care what the question is.
  • WhoDatIsWhoDatIs
    I am a divorced, WOHM. I have 2 jobs currently.
    I use SM to wind down at night or to get stuff off my chest that's bothering me knowing that when I next have time to check in, SM gone repreSENT! I love everybody here including all lurkers and timid mommies, etc etc etc.
    You and me, we go way back.
  • WhoDatIsWhoDatIs
    And for the record I would LOVE to have a job working for Jill. Where do I apply?
    You and me, we go way back.
  • sidsmommy3sidsmommy3
    I work at a hospital....I catch up on my posting at night now!
    Mary :-)

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Peace
    Good grief, I must have missed that memo. Probably on my desk under a zillion others.
    I've been working nonstop for months, lot going on.
    Hello OC! Another working SM here. This is a great place to unwind after! :-h
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    @chocoholic Ah, but don't you guys get Patriot's Week and Easter Break? ;-) :x :-* >:D<
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • Manders15Manders15
    I'm not able to post during the day, my job just doesn't give me the time to check, not to mention there are too many nosy bitches that I don't want to share SM with  :D but I still read at night and post then, and I feel like a part of things at least somewhat (but I'm a little shy even online) so please come join in!!
  • episcopal
    Of the dads who are here, I think all of us work and at least one is single.  Another might be a SAHD. 

OC, welcome to the group!  Hope we hear from you.