My big question of the, um, year
  • KrabbyKay
    What does *adult* ADHD look like? Does any one have it or know anyone who does? Dh is really starting to freak me right the fuck out. Plus, my kids don't seem entirely normal either. Oh, they do great ...CRAZY great!.... in school, and they have plenty of friends. They both do the strangest shit sometimes, or they have these "phases" that they go through/went through. DH wil nevernever see any pro, nor agree to such a thing for our kids. 
    It's not about them, I just wonder if they inherited anything. If I should be managing things differently that it might make things a looooooot smoother around here. 
    I looked it up but I didn't find anything definitive.
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    The same as childhood adhd..
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • KrabbyKay
    Uh oh. I found a bunch about the childhood version. I thought adults might manifest differently.....
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    I almost put a picture of me , lol. But I was diagnosed with ADD not ADHD. With me I have major issues with orignazation and finishing something ! Also remembering things like , eating , and oh yea sometimes even going to the bathroom. I get distracted easily and go of on tangents. About random stuff.
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • SchweddyBallsSchweddyBalls
    wellllll......with Jeffe......anything distracting irritates him. He can't watch tv anywhere but the bedroom, because any noise, movement, ANYTHING will bug the ever k=living fuck out of him. Once distracted, he is a complete ass about it......it will RUIN the rest of his day!!!!! He can't read anything for any length of time....so instructions are useless to him because he can't concentrate on what he is reading......
    He has always had a problem with a "regular" type job.......he has to go at his pace undisturbed or he will never get it done....hence the having his own one man handy man business.
    The only difference I have seen between him and Stimey (my 15 yo son) is Stimey seems to be able to handle the frustrations better.....less of an emotional break down....but I think that's because he is just a kid......not being able to concentrate on a homework assignment isn't a big deal.....where as with Jeff.....not finishing a job means no $$$
    I'm the nicest person you will ever meet, UNTIL you fuck with me or the betches I love.......
  • BeerWenchBeerWench
    :¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•** She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten**•-:¦:-•:*'""*:• -:¦:-
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    My husband has it. I prefer him with no meds. Easily distracted, for example at work in the middle of boring paperwork, phone rings, answers phone "forgets" to finish paperwork. Same things carry over at home but the kids are the distractions.

DS5 has an iep meeting Tuesday to set what the school thinks and will see a Dr in march to be evaluated.
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    Driven to Distraction is a good book. Well the parts I read ! :\"> Yep I was distracted and never finished reading it , ironic huh ? Lol. Oh side notes I can't spell to save my life and math isn't good either ! I have been meaning to work on a project all day but haven't started.
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • GPAMomGPAMom
    My husband is adhd and I'm add. Kid 1 is the only one diagnosed yet- he's add. I'm sure the other 3 are- but aren't diagnosed yet.

My husband like @schweddyballs' is frustrated by distractions- and then angry once frustrated.* He's much better on his meds than without. He also owns his own contracting business- lots of adhd people do better self-employed than employed by others.

*What could be distracting in a house with four kids from 3-12. Four kids with varying levels of adhd. ;-)

I have issues following through with stuff. I mean to but it just doesn't always happen. I also do much better on my meds than without.

I always suggest the forums at www.addforums.com . The forums have all sorts of information about adhd- kids or adults. Feel free to pm me. It dominates every moment of my day.

(Sorry if this jumps all over- I didn't take my evening meds yet. :-) )
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    So...what if I start straightening up the kitchen and get the idea of something else in my head, I have to literally stop myself sometimes and finish what I'm doing. On the other hand I can concentrate on reading a book, crocheting, baking, watching a movie...no problems.

Maybe I'm just flakey. LOL
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • GPAMomGPAMom
    http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php

Sorry it wasn't a workable link the first time.
  • WinginItWinginIt
    @MarySunshine, That's probably flakiness lol.  AD(H)D isn't very selective.  

Also, it can kinda ruin a sex life.  I've gotten distracted during sex, and it really ruins the mood.  
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    @winginit I'm thinking now it might just be a strong aversion to housework that I suffer from...LOL

Carry on, and ignore the flakey housekeeper. :-)
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • Jessiesmom
    @MarySunshine my dd10 has ADHD and odd and I have done a LOT of research lately...from what I have read, there are certain things that ADHD people have no trouble focusing on...it really is different for everyone. I know my kids and I can concentrate better if we are somehow moving. For example kidS MUST jump while watching tv, and I can't even sit still to watch a 30 minute TV show with my husband if I am not knitting or crocheting or something!!
  • WinginItWinginIt
    I've got a double whammy, an aversion to housework and add.  Sometimes I get a fantastic start, then suddenly..  I need to go weed the yard, RIGHT NOW.  
  • BreakOutQueenBreakOutQueen
    momofdbb said:

I almost put a picture of me , lol. But I was diagnosed with ADD not ADHD. With me I have major issues with orignazation and finishing something ! Also remembering things like , eating , and oh yea sometimes even going to the bathroom. I get distracted easily and go of on tangents. About random stuff.

THATS ME!!!
  • TheMomFactorTheMomFactor
    SO has adult ADHD, and he MUST take his meds. If not, he has trouble focusing, he'll talk fast, change topics quickly and at random. And any recognizable filter shuts down, because some offensive shit comes out of his mouth. Also, for reasons unknown, his sex drive gets a boost. Not that I would ever complain about that. ;)
    "Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way."-The Seventh Doctor

"One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel."