How to get my baby sleep on her own
  • ErispagettiErispagetti
    I have any issue with my eight month ago baby. She only sleep in my arms. When I try to lay her down she wakes up screaming bloody murder. I haven't slept good in months. I could use some advice to get her sleep on her own.
  • shate98shate98
    read or watch Happiest Baby on the Block- that worked for me. (loud shushing noises- esp from a noise machine, rocking- do you have a swing?)
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • ErispagettiErispagetti
    I dont have a swing. What is the happiest baby on the block
  • shate98shate98
    here's the book

Your baby is a little older, but the technique will still work. It's the 5 S's technique:

Shushing
    Swinging
    Sucking
    Swaddling
    Sideways hold

The book or DVD explains why and how it works. It's been out for awhile now so you can prolly pick it up used.

DS2.5 still needs the sound machine to fall asleep most nights. To get him to sleep when he was an infant took the first four all together to calm him down or he'd scream.
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • ErispagettiErispagetti
    Oh ok. Koo.l thank you
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    There's also another one:  The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley.  I'm reading the one for toddlers/pre-school children as by the time dd was 8 months, she was sleeping just fine on her own.  One suggestion too, lay her down while she's still awake but drowsy.  DD had the Baby Einstein's sleep aquarium in her crib which she absolutely loved.  She also has had a CD player in her room since birth and she was in with me for soft music.

It's hard when they won't sleep without being held, but they eventually learn, especially if you start now.  Then they turn 3, and it starts all over again, sadly.
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • ErispagettiErispagetti
    I will try the soft music tonight. I haven't had trouble with my 3yr old.
  • missmama5missmama5
    I have both books, they're good! But I Co slept anyways lol good luck! I'm going to need to figure this out myself eventually...
  • junglezoo
    I had the same problem with my Dd9mths because she would always sleep with me because I brought her to bed to nurse. Anyway I let her cry it out......it was horrible listening to her bloody murder screams but it only took a few nights and she sleeps fine now.
    I'm going to the zoo zoo zoo. You can come too too too....
  • ErispagettiErispagetti
    she sleep with me cause I was breastfeeding. I just dont know if I can listen to her scream bloody murder.