conversations i will miss with the kids... pt 3
  • undercoverbanana

so, i was helping dd move a few more things. used my car, it's bigger and had more room. plus, i am worried i will shit myself when she drives.

weather was bad, cold and rainy and misty, i was concentrating on the road. i'd nearly fishtailed a couple times. (i need new tires)   she was talking about some new place that just opened up, a microbrewery beer place that also had brick ovens and did from scratch pizza. she was telling me about all the samples the owner gave one of her friends, and how impressed she was that every single beer was handmade by the owners. ended up talking about hefeweizen......and she was saying, man, it would be so funny to hear my old chef talk about hefeweizen....(he is swiss, and has the accent).....and i mumbled something about "hefeweizen and hossenfeffer".....she asked "wtf is hossenfeffer?!"   and because i was concentrating on the road, the weather, and couldn't really remember much about it, i waved vaguely and told her "it's something you do with rabbits." she got this horrified look on her face. "what the fuck do people do with rabbits?!" "it's a dish. it's made with rabbit. it's braised or baked or something." relieved look on her face. "holy crap, mom. i thought it was some exotic sex thing that you had to call by name or something!"  "no, of course not!!!! i don't know who the hell would do sexual things with rabbits! and it probably would not involve beer! or it would have to involve a LOT of beer!"  i just brought it up because it's another funny word, and you would DEFINATELY hear the accent! we are both snickering about it.......daughter mutters something about how i warped her little brain, because she automatically thought it was a beer and rabbit sex party, and peeks at me a little sideways...."that would be a hell of a party, though, wouldn't it?"

i'm nekkid.
  • gramalibbygramalibby
    See , you are missed . When they banter you are still the most impt in thier lives. By giving them space like the rubber band they spring back . Get a bit of TLC , touch base and go out into the world . It is a dance this game of parenting. Know we surround you with a warm fuzzy blanket of love
  • undercoverbanana
    dance is a good analogy......you think you're teaching them waltz or two step, and they bust out in a fox trot or something......
    i'm nekkid.