Can you
  • horsehotti
    Can you have a dog declawed? My poor pup had surgery before we got him to fix an ingrown nail, well it seems to be happening again. I don't want him to have to have this keep happening. So is it possible to have them just declaw that one nail???
  • LilbitLilbit
    I know it's possible some breeds they take out their du claw (sp?) I know my boxer has hers removed so I don't see why they couldn't for a problem nail
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    I think they can. Don't some beeds have dew claws that need to be removed?
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • BeachyBeachy
    Aren't dewclaws declawed? So I think yes.. Call your vet and ask. But I would think it's the same thing, right?
    Searching for my lost shaker of salt.
  • horsehotti
    Thank you, I figured so, but wanted to be sure before I took him back into the vet Lol didnt want them to look at me like I'm stupid!!
    Lilbit said:

I know it's possible some breeds they take out their du claw (sp?) I know my boxer has hers removed so I don't see why they couldn't for a problem nail

I have 2 boxers!!! Love them!
  • LilbitLilbit
    I'm not a big dog fan (dont not like them just prefer small dogs...I love all animals) I got her for husband about a week ago and she has already totally won me over!
  • bendorbreak bendorbreak
    Dew claws are further up the arm and i its like a spare toe or not usable thumb. The cut it off. Its not just a nail its a toe. Id say ask the vet about what they recommend.
  • stinkersmommystinkersmommy
    Any animal that has a problem nail can have it removed my friend's beagle had a nasty one that the removed then lazered the nail bed so it would never grow back. so you should have no problems asking for them to remove it