Mild burn - treatment advice?
  • 456Imamom
    DS2 reached out and touched a light bulb while I was cooking dinner tonight. I ran cold water on it, and have since been applying cold cloths wrapped around ice cubes. He's now in bed with a cold teething ring.

Any suggestions on what else I can do? Luckily it didn't blister, it's only red. 
    :-S
  • Manders15Manders15
    I've put neosporin on miles burns like that just because it has a mild pain relief in it. So long as your DS won't lick it off that could help. Otherwise the rinsing in cold water should do pretty well I imagine.
  • LilbitLilbit
    i know it sounds wierd but mustard. it takes the pain and a lot of swelling away 
  • stinkersmommystinkersmommy
    Mustard normally works to prevent the blister if it is that bad (pain too) light bulb burns I usually use aloe Vera or that after Sun burn care stuff (have stubborn impatient hubby so abt once a month he gets one) takes the sting away and still let's it breathe...since it isnt blistered
  • sunnymommasunnymomma
    milk is soothing to a burn. I think it has to be done right away though. also vitamin e oil helps alot 
    I am me, and I am loved
  • organicbabyorganicbaby
    tee tree oil works very good for me. It helps with the pain right away. Worked on DD3 too when she got a mild burn from really hot soup.
  • undercoverbanana
    if you can get him to hold still, plain cheap yellow mustard. you might want to wrap it with something after you put the mustard on. baby ibuprofen will help with the pain, redness, and inflammation. if you have a small bag of frozen peas or something, let him hold the bag of peas.
    i'm nekkid.
  • shate98shate98
    aloe.

also, vinegar works on sunburns, so you could try that.
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • 456Imamom
    Thanks ladies. He seems fine this morning and was acting normal when I dropped him off at daycare. Thankfully a blister didn't form overnight. I think we will be in the clear. Although, I should really pick up some Aloe vera, or sunburn care stuff. We have nothing like that in the house, and last night DH was working late so I couldn't go out to the store if I needed to.