267440 - saltpeter
  • WillileeWillilee
    (267440): Found out H was screwing around. Took a friend's advice, started adding saltpeter to his dinners. Guess he can't fuck around if he can't fuck.

OC, please reconsider your methods. Saltpeter has never been proven to work in that manner, and unregulated, frequent dosage can lead to serious health problems. It may be approved for use in food (e.g. corned beef) but it is still recognized as a health hazard when ingested in amounts exceeding the requirement for occasional meat curing. I'm sorry you're having issues with your DH.
  • rockmomrockmom
    Agreed. I just posted this too in the support confession section! Great minds think alike. 

tripp175a
  • KrabbyKay
    I agree with this, you could be in serious trouble for deliberate poisoning. I hope you find some way to get out of there!!! 
  • MegsueMegsue
    Bad idea OC. Unless you're looking to spend time in prison. Saltpeter does not cause impotence, that's and old ass myth. It will however cause kidney damage and raise his blood pressure to (possibly) deadly levels. STOP POISONING HIM NOW!!! Just kick him the fuck out instead.
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    Desperate Housewives....

Didn't Rex die from potassium poisoning?
    The bf did it... but still...

If he is cheating... & the relationship is not salvageable... leave... please...
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• DemandaDemanda
    You better hope to God the confessional really is anonymous.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket
  • OpheliaOphelia
    Wth is saltpeter? I must live under a rock.. what happened to I dunno, crying or confronting him? Kicking him out?
    Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.. -Grateful Dead<3
  • mommydeliriousmommydelirious
    If he dies suddenly...they'll prob do an autopsy, right?
    And Im not sure "I was just trying to wilt his dick" will get you off without some sorta of manslaughter charge.
    It sounds like you're not actually trying to kill him, but if you REALLY wanna kick him where it hurts kick him out, get alimony and child support, and live a fabulously happy life.

Photobucket
  • rockmomrockmom
    @Ophelia, saltpeter is potassium nitrate. It's used in VERY tiny amounts for curing some meats. Historically, it was used in the production of gunpowder....

It's not a pretty thing, or something I'd want to be eating.
    tripp175a
  • MorganD
    Hun, you might want to resort to just kicking him out and divorcing him. Killing him will look very bad, and prison is no fun.
  • OpheliaOphelia
    Thanks @rockmom I've never heard of it.
    Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.. -Grateful Dead<3
  • Peace
    I hope this is a joke...it's not that easy to run out & get it on a whim.

Just in case:
    Saltpeter comes in dif forms, OC.
    Food grade & pharmaceutical grades are used for curing meats, etc. Small amounts are used.
    Another form is sold as fertilizer at garden centers.
    Supposedly online you can get lab grade, also NOT consumable.

If you've given him this?
    Call poison control, block your number, read them the label, tell them how much you gave over what time period.

@demanda, yep. From my understanding when Jill was improving the sites. Totally anonymous on the confessions wall. That site was set up differently & purposely to protect people & assure confidentiality.
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    Yeah, OC, this is a very, very bad idea. Potassium can give him a massive heart attack and it doesn't take very much and can happen very quickly.

If you want to do something just mean and relatively harmless, bake him some ex-lax filled brownies.

FYI, you cannot block your number from Poison Control...since it's an 800 number.  I've called multiple phone company providers about blocking 800 numbers the response is always the same:  they're paying for the call, they get to see who's calling.
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • LLBLLB
    Yep gonna have to agree with the other ladies here. This is not ok!

I understand how much him cheating is hurting you but poisoning him is not going to help you!

I wouldn't mess with anyone's food no matter how much they pissed me off! You are just asking for trouble and likely a jail cell by doing this!

Get a divorce! Don't try to kill him!!!
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    The confessional is 1000% anonymous.

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • Peace

FYI, you cannot block your number from Poison Control...since it's an 800 number.  I've called multiple phone company providers about blocking 800 numbers the response is always the same:  they're paying for the call, they get to see who's calling.

Thanks @BellaBefana for correcting that, I didn't know...
  • LadyKhanLadyKhan
    Yikes. Detectable poisons are not a great idea. Documenting his cheating ass and tossing him out so hard he bounces, however...
  • WinginItWinginIt
    Excessively processed foods supposedly contribute to erectile dysfunction.  Buy a buncha hungry mans, stop cooking.  ED without the manslaughter charges.  
  • momtomany74
    My ex claimed they put it in the food while he was in boot camp to keep the guys from getting horny.

Ummm-lemme tell ya, even if it were true, he was still fucking like a bunny rabbit the day he got home from bootcamp.

And ditto what the others said about the poison aspect.
  • AAA08
    Honestly, from my understanding, contaminating with anyones food is a felony. Even laxatives. Terrible idea.
  • kmetz44kmetz44
    Bad Idea for sure...buuut not gonna lie...still kinda funny, only if it wilts his willie, not kills him
    Im pretty extraordinary in an ordinary way
  • MegsueMegsue
    @Momtomany74 I thought you might find this interesting...maybe you need to pass it along to your ex too:
    http://www.snopes.com/military/saltpeter.asp
  • momtomany74
    ^^Ha ha...thanks for sharing.