my little boys 21 bday todäy.
  • undercoverbanana
    In his new apartment. He was smart and decided to have a small party at his new apartment. And I know kids do not want their mom at their twentyfirst......so.....for his birthday, I made him an assload of munchie food for everyone so nobody gets too wasted. Taquitos. Green sauce mini enchiladas. Dh made him an apple pie with 21 cut out of the top crust. And lasagna already put together with baking instructions written on the foil. And garlic bread, ready to bake. Next weekend we are taking him to get good work shoes and gel insoles. .....sigh......so dh and i cooked almost all day for a party we are not invited to.....but, i do understand....mamas dont go to kids twentyfirsts....
    i'm nekkid.
  • RosamundiRosamundi
    You're a good mama, @undercoverbanana!

My mom and grandparents drove SIX HOURS to spend my twenty first with me. :/

Your thoughtfulness is much appreciated, I'm sure!
  • gramalibbygramalibby
    Absolutely but what a mom u are , making such yummy goodies and not whining except to us ......this has been so hard on you and I know they appreciate it even w no words . Bestest Mom UCB
  • undercoverbanana
    I know they do.....but it sucked to see him put on his charming retail smile when he was ready for us to go......
    i'm nekkid.
  • undercoverbanana
    I'm going to look on the bright side though.....if anybody pukes, its not my problem.
    i'm nekkid.
  • undercoverbanana
    Or my house.
    i'm nekkid.
  • undercoverbanana
    I am sure the girls will give me a food review later. I cooked enough so that there would be something leftover for them when they got home from work.
    i'm nekkid.
  • undercoverbanana
    I am having some serious mommy anxiety....and there is not shit I can do....and its killing me. What if some douchebag on drugs crashes the party?
    i'm nekkid.
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    I was the first person to go to bed at my 21st birthday party. And not pass out drunk got to bed. I was tired and wanted to go to sleep! You made plenty of good "drunk" food. The more they eat the more they'll sober up. LOL

And hell yeah, you don't have clean up any puke or other party fouls! I don't miss that and that was at our own parties! No one passed out on your bathroom floors so you can't get in there to pee or shower in the morning...no one "occupying" the bathroom with drunk sexy sexy time (we had that at one party...in a 1 bathroom house).
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • undercoverbanana
    My kids and their friends are all damn good kids. Some of them had crappy parents, most of them did not. I loved them the best I could, and nearly all ok them turned out ok, or will be ok.....its the assholes I dont know that make me worry.
    i'm nekkid.
  • ChibikoChibiko
    My Mom made me spend my 21st with her baking fucking cookies. 

I'm sure they are being responsible and all that.  Good for you on being pro-active on the food portion.
    "We all cross over to the dark side at one point. We just all have different temptations" ~MarySunshine

"You were the truth I would rather lose than to have never lain beside at all" ~Death Cab for Cutie
  • OpheliaOphelia
    I need a mama like you @undercoverbanana. Your food always sounds so good. My 21st a had a big dinner party at a seafood restaurant with mom, dad, an aunt, uncle, sister and a few friends. Then Ry's dad decided one margarita was enough for me and made leave then screamed at me the wgole way home.
    Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.. -Grateful Dead<3
  • undercoverbanana
    I think they boys fiends stood him up, because half of them had to go back from school vacation and get books for new classes....the good kids. They go back to class Monday. The ones still here are not 21 and not old enough to buy booze and my boyo will not trade alcohol for friendship. those guys can at least pitch money in, and give him a ride....sorry my boyo has a sucky b'day. I really am....i will try not to put it into perspective for him....my 21st.....i was o. False labor. With him. Paying all bills and trying toGTFO.....BUT HE IS A GOOD, SWEET KID...........WISH I could afford to take the kid to Vegas.
    i'm nekkid.
  • undercoverbanana
    Boyo is going to reschedule his party....he can do his own cooking this time.
    i'm nekkid.