hypnosis for weight lose..anyone try?
  • kittykisses80kittykisses80
    Curious if it works. Or is it a scam,waste of money thing. Really wanting to lose a shit ton of weight. I've read books and I yoyo diet like a pro. :-) need something to stop my sweet tooth and crap eating style. Or i could go anorexic but i enjoy food to much,so that'll never work. Any input share please. My weights out of hand and i hate my body
  • PJSaregreatPJSaregreat
    I've been hearing about that on the radio, someone coming to town for it. I'm interested in what others have to say about it too. :)
  • cheesehead4ever
    I don't know about weight loss but my mom underwent hypnosis to get over her Pepsi addiction (8 bottles a day). She hasn't touched a caffeinated beverage since. I've considered it but would have to deal with the cost. However I don't think I could do a group hypnosis session. It would have to be individual session otherwise I wouldn't relax.
    Yeah the cost would be an issue! Lol
    Yes chelle @pjsaregreat I've been hearing it to. But dont like the idea of a group therapy. Lol
  • PJSaregreatPJSaregreat
    Same here. I always picture a person running around, clucking like a chicken or acting like a dog or something, lol. I've never really believed in it, but there's always that 'what if'?
  • PJSaregreatPJSaregreat
    Or I think about a book I once read about a shrink who hypnotized his female patients and they wouldn't remember anything, but he would call and just say a word and they would instantly be hypnotized again. Then he would go to their house and rape them. :/
    Yeah...that was a strange book, lol.
    Wow! Weird book. Lol what was that called?
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    Sounds like a Jonathan Kellerman plot. I quit reading his books after the one about the twin brothers who had a testicle transplant. 
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • PJSaregreatPJSaregreat
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_Memory_(novel)

I can't believe I even remember the name (well, I remembered it was False _something_, but I knew it was by Dean Koontz. I read it probably right after high school, lol. Long time and many books ago, lol. Apparently, the rape part stuck out more to me than the murder and all the other stuff, probably because that's the norm in my choice of books, lol.
  • PJSaregreatPJSaregreat
    @fatchickonabike Twin brothers and a testicle transplant? Interesting... ;)
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    @PJsaregreat, I don't remember the plot or even the name of the book, but it was something about identical twin brothers. One was a Catholic priest and therefore celibate, the other was not and wanted kids. He was either sterile or a eunuch, I don't remember which, but his brother gave him one of his testicles so he could have kids, because it wasn't like he was using it. It was some weird shit.
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
    That's very weird. Lol
  • PJSaregreatPJSaregreat
    Sorry for turning your thread into a book talk, lol.

Now back to your previously scheduled thread... :D
    Lol. Well i did sone googleing sp? Lol
    Seems like if you do get hypnoses for weight lose. You have to pretty much continue therapy for it for yrs. Never mind that's too costly. I'll just drop eating sweets instead replace it with a bowl of cereal :-)
  • PJSaregreatPJSaregreat
    Be careful with the cereal, lots of carbs.
    I know but it's a good late night snack versus a bowl of ice cream or a jumbo piece of cake. Lol
  • PJSaregreatPJSaregreat
    Very true, lol.

And now I want a jumbo piece of cake with a tall glass of cold milk, lol.
    Haha i did to have carrot cake in fridge but passed for a generic bowl of fruit loops.lol
  • PJSaregreatPJSaregreat
    I like fruit loops but I like carrot cake more, lol.
    I'm going to try to go to sleep now, before I go raid the kitchen, even though there's no sweets in there right now, besides ice cream, but I'm not a big fan of ice cream, lol.