New Years Resolutions-Bit late
  • Unique_MommaUnique_Momma
    I wasn't going to make any resolutions this year bc I never stick to them, but I think all I really needed was support in accomplishing my goals. I know all you Scaries out there can and are actually willing to help, so here is what I would lol to accomplish this year (bear with me, my laptop is in the middle of gettig fixed, so I'm typing this on my iPod while DS naps)

-I would like to lose some weight after I have my twins. I weighed 230 pounds at my appointment yesterday and started out at around 180ish before I got pregnant. I would love to get down to how much I weighed in high school (160), but will settle with just being under 200 at this point.

-I want to cut out sodas. I have been slowly waning myself off them for about 2 weeks now and today is my first day sans soda. I have been trying to drink more water, milk, and juice, but also drink sweet tea from time to time.

-I would like to have DS potty trained this year. It doesn't have to happen right off the bat, but I would like him potty trained before he turns 3 in December. He is in size 6 diapers and let's me know when he is messy half of the time, so my mom is going to help me get started after I have the twins since we will be staying with her while I heal up a bit.

-I want to keep my house clean. I don't care if it is perfectly clean, I just want it clean enough where I don't have to worry about getting lost in the clutter. I am having to get rid of mice that like to prowl my cabinets that hold my dishes before I can wash my dishes again and put them away, but once that is done I will have my kitchen back in order. My living room is in order and so is my bathroom. The only rooms left our mine & DHs bedroom and the boys room.

-I want to move! This one is all depending on how much we get back during tax time. We have a few people we have to pay off, but if we have enough money left I woul like to buy a trailer and move it out to my parents property that way I won't have to worry about paying rent to someone who won't help when somethin breaks and I will be surrounded by family willing to help me with my boys.

-I want to be able to actually get my craft business on Facebook up and running and have people actually buy from me. I'm offering quite a few things and have made it known that most of it is madero order so they can choose colors and whatnot, but everyone that has shown interest has backed out before I could get a chance to start their order.

-I want to change my look. It doesn't have to be a new wardrobe, but I would like a different hairstyle. I keep trying new things, but always end up going back to the same style I've had for years. I'd like to keep the length I have, just would like a different equally manageable style and maybe a different color. I don't really wear make up enough to include that in my new style, lol

-I want to go through my closet and get rid of all the clothes that I never wear. I know there are things in there that I hold onto just so no one gets mad that I threw something out that they gave me, but if I don't wear it, I don't want it! The only things that I don't wear that I do actually want to keep are my old shirts from high school bc I want to make a t-shirt quilt out of them and have the borders be my school colors.

Well, that's all that I can think of right now, but I would like 2013 to be the year that I actually accomplish something (even if it's only one thing).

Anyone else want to add their resolutions and see what we can achieve this year with the help of our fellow Scaries?
  • MegsueMegsue
    Those are great and achievable @Unique_Momma! My only New Years resolution was to stand strong against my inlaws and not let them try to fuck up my and DHs life anymore. I thinks I've scared most of them away, so this shouldn't be a problem!

I did want to add though that my mother lost a ton of weight (30-35lbs I think) just by cutting out soda. I hope you stick to it! As far as keeping the house clean: I do one room per day. Monday is living room, Tuesday kitchen, etc. That way I don't get overwhelmed and my house actually stays cleaner than if I tried to do it all at once. I take the time to clear the clutter, dust, wash the floors, and whatever else needs to be done. It only takes an hour or so. Good luck! Keep up the good work, and don't get down on yourself if you can't do it all. >:D<
    @Megsue If I can ever get the mouse problem under control it will be much much easier. I have been only washing what dishes i know I will need for dinner and things like that. I even had to swap where I keep my boxed food and canned foods. The boxed food is safe now, but my dishes that are still in the cabinets need to be hand washed in very very hot water :( I'd stick them in the dishwasher for a couple loads, but they are my fragile wine glasses and I'm afraid they'll shatter :( I do try to do a few cleanly relate things each day. Since we heat with space heaters and a wood stove I sweep once a day and swiffer when needed. I pick up DSs toys that stay in the living room on a daily basis bc there aren't that many (drawing table, tool bench, stuffed animals, and cars) and he plays with them on a daily basis. DSs room is easy bc all it is is his bed and a handful of random small toys. I'm proud of what I am actually able to accomplish at the moment :)

I'm glad you are able to stand strong against your in-laws! I don't deal with my MIL often and my FIL is a great guy, so I guess I lucked out ^^;

I really really hope cutting out sodas will help me as much as it did your mom, that would be all kinds of awesome!!!
  • Yay for giving up soda @Unique_Momma !! Sounds like you did a great deal of thinking about resolutions. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to achieve what you would like.

I didn't even make a resolution this year. I had already started weeding out clothes and paperwork though. Last week I went through everything again and packed a large box for my niece and gave the rest to DD. After spending most of the year not home, I realized too much stuff just sat in drawers or hung in the closet.
  • MegsueMegsue
    I should have added that I have to start my resolutions late too...today is MIL's birthday. I was so graciously volunteered to cook dinner and a cake for her. 8-| I don't want to!!!! I tried to talk DH out of it, but he feels bad, blah blah blah. That's what gets us roped in every time asshole! I think I might just burn a cake for the first time ever ;)

And mice suck! I have two cats, so they stay out of my house. My garage on the other hand...I can't keep anything in there. They eat EVERYTHING! My cats are indoor kitties...so they don't help out there. Poisoning them doesn't help, traps don't help...there's just too many of the little shits! If you ever figure out a trick to keeping them away, let me know what it is!
    I say burn the cake, but that's just me :P

I have 4 cats (2 will be turning 5 this year, 1 will be turning 2, and the youngest will be 1). The oldest 2 refuse to catch mice anymore, but the 2 younger ones are always hunting. We live across from a field and everytime they mow it they head to my place *sigh* This is just the worst it has ever been :( I'm trying glue traps to help my girl kitties out, but it doesn't seem to be doing much.
    @WickedBitchoftheEast I'll start going through my clothes as soon as I can get to my closet. Right now I have an ironing board filled with DSs clean clothes that I need to put away, but have little to no room for any of them :(
  • gramalibbygramalibby
    All great ideas , remember the elephant can only be chewed in small bits , big ones choke you and you get it lodged and then stop. Bay steps to the new you and 2013
  • Dragonbabyx3Dragonbabyx3
    Good luck on those! I know you can do it!

Mine are:

Lose at 80 pounds
    keep my house in decent clean condition
    Keep up with laundry (already failing this one lol)
    Find a job!
    and that is pretty much it so far!  
  • junglezoo
    There was another thread about new years resolutions and I wrote a great big list of things I wanted to accomplish. So far I have not stuck to one of them :(
    I'm going to the zoo zoo zoo. You can come too too too....
  • Lakegirl34
    @uniquemomma I think your goals are great, but that's a lot to do with new twin infants! Be gentle with yourself about getting them accomplished!

I don't just want to lose weight after I have my baby, I want to live a healthier life. I've struggled with various disordered eating patterns since I was 7. Almost 30 years later I'm getting ready to have a baby girl in April, and I want to be a good role model for her so she won't suffer with this like I have. I want to feel good about myself and have energy to keep up with my toddler. So I'm trying to do small steps now to move me in that direction. I'm also working to be less of a pack rat and go through and get rid of things I don't need. I've got a good head start but know it's a long road. I'm hoping to somehow hold myself accountable by putting this out here, because I haven't really talked to anyone else about it.
    @gramalibby I'll be sure to take small bites ;) Even if I only accomplish one thing, that is much better than nothing :)

@Dragonbabyx3 Laundry is hard for me to keep up with too, but I know we can both tackle put laundry monsters and etth under control :)

@junglezoo Give yourself plenty of time to accomplish your goals (I'll have to find the other thread to see everyones goals). Take gramalibbys advice and take baby steps.

@Lakegirl34 I know how eating disorders can be. High school wasn't too kind to me :( It took me some time, but I eventually decided eating was better than not eating (was almost to the purging point, but couldn't make myself do it). It takes time to get over disorders like that and I am glad you are making it known because that I a step in the right direction :D Just keep in mind you have to stay healthy for your baby and healthy eating habits will give you plenty of energy to keep up with her (trust me, you'll need it). I'm also a packrat and have been working on getting rid of things that aren't really needed since DH and I got together. When we moved in together about 3/4 of the stuff was mine. It's been about 7 years (so doesn't feel that long) and the only things I'm still holding onto are a small box of stuffed animals and clothes that I was hoping to fit into again. I'm giving up on most of the clothes and a few more of the stuffed animals that I don't think my boys will play with, I just have to find the time to go through them and give them to someone who can actually use them. I wish to luck in all you do this year, I have faith you will accomplish your goals :) Big hugs!
  • lilolmelilolme
    Good Luck to everyone on their resolutions.
    Mine are very few:
    1. To quit smoking.
    2. To be more concerned about MY health and well being.
    3. To go to scheduled appts instead of avoiding them like the plague for fear of bad news.
    4. To get on something to help control my anxiety, i can't even give the kids new meds due to the "what ifs".
    5. To enjoy my kids again.
  • Lakegirl34
    Thank you so much for the feedback and support @unique_momma. It means so much to know I'm not alone.
    Here's some updates on how well my resolutions are going.

-I'm not sure how much weight I've lost because I haven't actually weighed myself in a while, but I can fit into a pair (only one pair though) of my pre-pregnancy jeans. I do know that I weigh at least 200 now bc I had to get weighed when I took my boys to get them applied for WIC, and that was a month ago.

-I'm still drinking a couple sodas a day. Haven't upped my milk intake bc I'm afraid it'll make me gain weight too fast again (had to cut back on milk during my pregnancy). I have been drinking more juice, but no extra water. I'm kinda failing big time on this one...

-Potty training DS hasn't actually started yet, but will soon. My mom didn't help me when I was at her place, so I'm doing this all on my own. Yesterday we dug his potty out of the closet, but it's the kind that talks, plays music, and lights up, so we are going to play with the potty for a few days so he gets used to the sounds bc he wanted to sit on it (while in his diaper), but would get up when it made a noise (which it did before he could actually sit down all the way). I have picked up his favorite candy (Reeses cups), favorite chips (cheesy puffs), and two sets of stickers (Jake & the Neverland Pirates & Thomas & Friends) for prizes when he actually goes in the potty. Once he gets used to the potty noises (which shouldn't take too long) we'll be wearing big boy undies during the day and only wearing diapers at night...this is going to take forever!

-My house has been staying relatively clean. Almost all the dishes are put away back where they belong and my room is clean enough for me at the moment. I still need to work on DS's room, but can't find the time since it's just me & all 3 boys during the day. 

-I still want to move, but don't think it'll happen this year :( We have spent the majority of our taxes getting DH a truck (traded his car to his brother with a little extra cash), fixing up the truck, getting DH a new phone since his was shit, getting me new clothes, glasses, and a small chunk of spending money (mostly went to more clothes). I do have a friend that has offered me her old trailer since she moved into her dads place, but we still need to look at it and find out how much it would cost to move. We also need to clear some room on my parents land and find out how much it would cost to hook up electric and get water and sewage put in and hooked up. Also have an offer from DH's dad to have DH's grandmothers old house if she manages to find a place closer to town, but I was told not to hold my breath on that one.

-Still not going too great with my craft business, but there is a flea market a few minutes drive away that is looking for people to help fill its building. It doesn't have a booth rent, but they will take a bit of money out of what we sell. It's something to think about.

-My hair is a different color now, but I am still waiting to get my hair style changed. I'm planning on getting a razored hair cut as soon as either my aunt decides to help, or I get a chance to go into town without my boys so I can have someone (probably at the beauty school) get it done.

-I have gone through my closet and filled at least 12 Wal*Mart sacks full of clothes and already gave them away. Also threw a bunch of clothes out that were way beyond repair and some that I didn't want to give to other people (undies & things of that nature). I still have my school shirts in my closet, but they are separated from the rest of the clothes and in the far side of the closet waiting to be turned into a quilt.

That is as far as I've gotten. I'm glad I have accomplished at least a little so far, but still have quite a ways to go.