Need help with a song list
  • shate98shate98
    So, in the beginning of december DS2 was having trouble sleeping so I started singing xmas carols to him and rocking him at night- only for about 5 minutes, but it's enough to calm him down and not have fights at bedtime. Poor guy, I can't carry a tune in a bucket.

But now he keeps asking me to "sing the baby Jesus songs".

I'm totally sick of xmas carols but he still wants me to sing to him. I need to come up with a new song list quick! They need to be kid friendly songs that I can remember when I'm halfway to bed myself and totally zonked. His current favorite is Barbara Anne by the Beach Boys. He was singing it to himself this morning, even. We also do Animal Crackers in my Soup and Lolliop.

Ideas? Suggestions? Help!
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • LoveLove
    When my oldest was a baby, I realized that Twinkle Twinkle Little Star was the exact same melody as the ABC song, so I switched his lullaby from TTLS to the ABC's LOL

And also, you know that old song, Jesus Loves the Little Children? I used to make up words to that melody, like "Momma loves the little baby, he's the sweetest little boy..." for Spawn- and after his eyes started drooping, I change to "Momma loves the sleepy baby, he's a sleepy baby boy." LOL Subliminal messaging, ya know?

I sang Amazing Grace for DD (her name is Grace, she always got a kick out of that).

community-manager

• GingersnapGingersnap
    @love - I like to sing Amazing Grace to the tune of House of the Rising Sun.

Beyond The Sea
    Dream a Little Dream
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • eappleeapple
    I stick to the classics, you are my sunshine, twinkle twinkle, but the one that I do sing that is a little different is "I will take care of you" by Amy sky. Lily was born in septemeber so it's pretty fitting and it reminds me of when I was little. I actually want tattoos that say "you're every joy I share" "for every tear I'll be there"
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. ~Nietzsche
  • shate98shate98
    @love I change up the lyrics to "goodnight sweetheart" from "it's time to leave" to "it's time to sleep".

@Gingersnap I love Beyond the Sea. I esp love the version by Celtic Women. (which I could in no way pull off those vocals)

@eapple I sang him You Are My Sunshine last night. great minds ;)
  • djbillie
    I sing you are my sunshine but replace sunshine with their name. My DD8 requests it every single night without fail.
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    Beatles music. Yellow Submarine, I Wanna Hold Your Hand, Twist and Shout. Harmless, catchy, and not the fucking Wiggles. Maybe a little lively for bedtime, but good for all other occasions.
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • shate98shate98
    @fatchickonabike yeah pretty much ANYTHING not Wiggles...
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    Dd8's favorite for me to song to her always was and still is pennies from heaven. And I left my heart in san francisco. Lol. Grams taught her that one when she was 2.
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • LiquidPeppermintLiquidPeppermint
    Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
    Hush Little Baby (with extra, made-up verses.  OH, how many verses I made up when DD was tiny!)
    Brahms Lullabye
    (I don't know the words, so I made up words:
    Lullabye, and sleep tight
    Now the daytime is over
    Go to sleep and
    Rest your sweet head
    I will keep you safe and warm
    I love you
    Daddy too
    Everything is okay
    Go to sleep, little girl
    I will see you in light of day