Burnt little mans mouth tonight
  • OxiMOMOxiMOM
    I suck like really suck as a mom right now. I heated up leftovers for little man and I mixed it up and let it cool. Apprently not long enough tho I even finger tested it to make sure it was cool enough.

Anyway most of it was but there was a hot spot! I fed him some and he started screaming his head off. It took me a few sec to figure out why he was screaming. I got it all out and gave him a sippy cup of cold water. He finished diner fine and didn't seem phased but I feel like shit :(
  • CalliopemarieCalliopemarie
    Awwwwwww poor little man. its ok though it happenes!!
  • Mommyliciousx4Mommyliciousx4
    I have given my kids bites of food that have been to hot before. Don't beat yourself up over it.
    Like you said he finished his supper and wasnt even bothered.
    Its not like you did it on purpose.
  • tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    Been there, done that.. felt awful.  It's ok mama!!  I hate microwaves for that exact reason, the hot spots!
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • irishlassirishlass
    aww little man! We have ALL been there though. Whats worse is when you try to shove a HOT bottle in your baby's mouth and are so sleep deprived that you think the fussing his because he is hungry and just keep putting it in. 
    You didnt do it on prupose, dont beat yourself up! 
    "Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
  • beambeam
    Mine loves it hot - if it is lukewarm she just won't eat it... only once was it too hot - finger food appetizers at grandma's house, I thought it had cooled off enough but nope. Luckily she just shivered a bit and took it out of her mouth... it felt bad for her and bad for me (in front of all my in-laws ...opps).
    A broken heart is a rite of passage and, looking back, I must have wanted one pretty badly. "Kick me," I demanded, and when somebody finally did, I burst like a cheap piñata. - DAVID SEDARIS
  • VegantasticVegantastic
    It happens! I once zipped DD's chin in her snowsuit- she was only 3 but she still hasn't let me forget it. At least he'll never remember! (He's probably forgotten already lol)
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world"
    "Don't Panic"
  • SasafrasSasafras
    It truly does happen to everyone, you didn't know there'd be a hot spot
  • kittykisses80kittykisses80
    Been there done that. And still do it. :-( it happens us mommies aren't always perfect. We are human we slip up sometimes.