Rosacea
  • Xraymom
    I have rosacea and hate it. I'm currently breast feeding so only using metronidazole cream for the past 15 months. I have used tetracycline with moderate success in the past, but it is a no no with nursing. Also I tried laser therapy which worked ok, but it came back. What have other people used with good results?
  • HorridWenchHorridWench
    There is a lady I know who used to have it, have you tried Tomatoes!?! She swears by them, sliced up place on skin relax for 20 min..and wash off with warm water and mild cleanser..Ive never seen her skin look better though :)
    "She Dances in a Ring of Fire and Throws Off the Challenge, With a Shrug" - Jim Morrison
  • Buggy_Boo
    I have rosacea, too but I'm not currently using anything for it.  It just hasn't gotten bad enough (yet) - I mostly just have the crazy flushing (happens occasionally and goes away after a few minutes.)  I've had a couple of breakouts that were painful and lasted a day or so.  Those breakouts seem to be related to my hormones - happened once during each of my pregnancies and once again just recently while I was on my period.  I understand that it gets worse with age (my dad has it and this is what he says) so I expect that I will have to start using something eventually.  I'm sorry I couldn't better answer you question - I just wanted you to know that you weren't alone in rosacea world!
  • PurpleFlowersPurpleFlowers
    I have it too, but not bad. My cheeks are just always red and look flushed. I used to use a gel (cant remember the name) but it didnt do anything, so I just quit using it. My makeup usually covers the red and I dont need to use blush. ;)
    Stay away from my chocolate and nobody gets hurt!

I think I like who I am becoming...
  • Xraymom
    Yeah it definitely gets worse with age, but what doesn't, right?

@xxcarleighxx I haven't heard of the tomato thing, but I think I will try it!
  • WhoDatIsWhoDatIs
    I use Prosacea gel along with my reg moisturizer AcneFree Oil Free Moisturizer with green tea, + tea tree oil + Booths Black Licorice eye cream all on my face morning and evening.

The prosacea cream has sulfur. I dab one drop or tiny swipe of all those and mix in my clean hands and apply everywhere. People keep telling me my skin looks great. I also drink Alo Vera juice which is very calming for your skin from the inside out.

So thebasic ingredient in each thing I use-
    -sulfur -green tea -tea tree oil -black licorice and drink the aloe juice.
    I heard all those help so I figured all of em together would be FABULOUS.
    You and me, we go way back.
  • Xraymom
    Is Prosacea a prescription?
  • undercoverbanana
    Want a nice homemade scrub that won't hurt and might help?
    It helped my aunt....no guarantees...but it won't hurt, and won't make you break out. One third sterile playsand. One third super, superfine sea salt. One third white or brown sugar. In a big ass margarine tub. About two inches from the top. Mix it all up with a whisk. An ounce of honey. An ounce of olive oil. 15 drops of rosemary oil, 10 drops of tree oil, a spoonful of cocoa. Add a little baby shampoo until it looks and feels like soft clay. if you can't find rosemary oil, but some fresh rosemary at your grocery store, in the produce section. Get some olive oil, heat up a couple ounces, when it bubbles on the edges, turn it off. Strip off all the leaves of the fresh rosemary, an.d split the stems, if you can. Bruise it all, throw it in the olive oil, cover it, and let it sit for the night. In the morning, pour it in a tea strainer, or coffee filter, and squeeze the shit out of it. Get every last drop you can. you have rosemary oil. It should smell like a Christmas tree. If it doesn't, pour it out. You should use what looks like twice as much fresh rosemary as olive oil. And the color should be leached out of the leaves. The oil should be very green. Very good for rosacea.
    i'm nekkid.
  • undercoverbanana
    If you have a little fresh mint, throw that in there, too. And be generous with your scrub. Otherwise, you will have a tendency to rub too hard, and irritate your skin. If you get blotchy and red easily, buy some chammomile tea, rip open the tea bags, and put that in there. Or, if you have instant green tea, no sweeteners, throw a pkg. Of that in there. They are both calming, soothing, and anti inflammatory. Make sure you use very fine sea salt. If it is coarse, it will scratch. No bueno. Chuck it in a coffee grinder or something.
    i'm nekkid.
  • undercoverbanana
    I made that especially for my aunt. Hope it helps you. She has fought cancer twice, and has very delicate skin. So If you have very delicate, sensitive skin, use the brown sugar. And virgin olive oil.
    i'm nekkid.
  • undercoverbanana
    Btw...you still need to moisturize afterwards. Even..and especially...if you have oily skin.
    i'm nekkid.
  • Xraymom
    Wow! That is an amazing concoction, and the directions made me lol! Thank you. :)
  • undercoverbanana
    Pretty basic. Just be sure it feels like soft clay, and use plenty of it, so you dont scrub too hard. And an anti inflammatory moisturizer will help out a lot. My aunt was awesome volunteering as a guinea pig. I tweaked that formula for her. When in doubt, be heavy on the rosemary, use plenty of scrub, and be gentle.
    i'm nekkid.
  • WhoDatIsWhoDatIs
    @xraymom no prosacea is not prescription. I buy mine at Walgreens. Its a small tube, I have rosacea only mildly after all the supplements I take for skin, I believe in healing the skin's issues from the inside out first, after all your skin is much like a major organ. So i only use a tiny bit everyday, like a half a pea sized amount mixed into my lotion concoction.
    You and me, we go way back.
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    If you can afford one, get a Clarisonic Mia with the gentle brush head, it's about $120 and it's actually approved for use with rosacea.  They have a website so you can check it out.  I got one for my birthday, just cause I'm old  ;) and I absolutely love, love, love it.  My skin looks amazing.
    Bite me, cupcake!