egg replacement in cookies?
    I want to make cookies.. but I dont have any eggs.  I AM MAKING FUCKING COOKIES.. what can I use instead of egg?  I have heard 1 tbsp mayo per egg, and I've heard cornstarch but I don't think I have cornstarch.. I do have mayo.. I don't have applesauce or banana.. what can i do?
    dont mistake my kindness for weakness
  • shate98shate98
    goodness I would just go get eggs. Nothing works quite the same.
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
    I can't go get eggs, Im home alone with my DS and it is waaaaaay too cold and dark to walk anywhere :(

• Mommyliciousx4Mommyliciousx4
    I have never tried it, just googled it. Hope it helps.
  • CrashCrash
    It is possible to make pancakes without eggs. In fact, any flat baked product that requires only 1 - 2 eggs can usually survive without an egg with no problems. The main thing is to substitute a little extra liquid ( 1 - 2 tbsp) to make up for the egg's removal. There are differing recipes (some just with flour, some with fruit such as mashed banana), so it is best to use a search engine to find a recipe you like. They do work, so try them out, just be sure the pan they are fried in is seasoned as you would with normal pancakes.
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • CrashCrash
    Your cookies will be fine, @123. They might come out a bit flat because the eggs are basically a protein structure that keeps everything 'up'. Without them, your cookies will fluff due to the leavening, soda or baking powder, but then fall down flattish after they cool. It won't be the end of the world, really, and I think if you add something for the batter to build up around, like chocolate chips, coconut, nuts, etc, I don't think you'll even notice the lack of eggs.
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    Search for vegan cookie recipes. Applesauce?
  • RosamundiRosamundi
    If you have ground flax seed, you can replace eggs with: 1tsp flax + 3 Tbs water

Vegan trick.
  • RosamundiRosamundi
    Hahaha @should clean !

Great minds. :)
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    Do you have cocoa powder and vinegar? I have a tasty vegan cupcake recipe
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    @Rosamundi we are a food allergy house. Dairy few often means vegan. Although I never have flax just lying around :)
    @rosamundi that is what i did :)  I knew I seen  a flax trick somewhere I just couldnt remember where!
    @curious I have NOTHING else, just the baking basics, I pretty much just made chocolate dough, the recipe I am using it just "soft cocoa cookies"
    the dough tastes AWESOME, and flax is super good for you right? Does it count when it's slathered in cocoa lol
    @shouldclean I will take that recipe!! 
    my cookies taste sooo weird lol 
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    1 1/2c flour
    1c sugar
    1/4c cocoa powder add
    1tsp baking soda
    1/2tsp salt
    1/3c vegetable oil
    1tsp vanilla extract
    1tsp distilled white
    1c water

I just throw everything together and mix well. Makes one 8 in round cake or 12 cupcakes. Cupcakes normally cook about 30 minutes at 350 Frost however you like
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    @123 there you go
  • cheesehead4ever
    Mexican Wedding Cakes. Flour, butter, sugar is pretty much it. My family got hooked on those back when DD12 was still allergic to eggs. She outgrew it by first grade, but they are still her favorite cookie. We would make them year round.
  • undercoverbanana
    You can use a banana or mayo.
    i'm nekkid.
  • LittleTalksLittleTalks
    @shouldclean I have a question about vegan baking and just remembered this thread. I'm making a cake for my vegan aunt and uncles anniversary and a lot of the chocolate recipes call for cocoa powder. Can you use regular cocoa or do you buy a special one? I think there's "milk protein" or something in the regular one.
  • I was out of eggs last week and was making cupcakes. I used about a 1/4 cup of gingerale. They turned out great. :)
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    @LittleTalks I use nestle or Hershey cocao powder. To the best if my knowledge they are dairy free. They do not say may contain or contains milk on the package. My daughter is allergic to dairy which is why I make some stuff that is vegan. You can also make that recipe gf. Could you ask your aunt what she uses?
  • ThreeformeThreeforme

My DD6 has a serious egg allergy so I always bake egg free. My go to replacement is:

1 egg =

1 1/2 tablespoon oil

1 1/2 tablespoon water

1 teaspoon baking powder

Make it when it is time to add the egg, give it a whisk until it is foamy then pour it in.

The baking powder needs to be fairly fresh but it works well in most recipes calling for 1-2 eggs