Poll: When do the holidays end for you?
  • shate98shate98
    So, everybody has different customs. DH tried to take down the xmas stuff yesterday, but I told him it has to stay up through Three Kings Day. He's new to the catholic thing (convert) so he doesn't know. He used to take them down on new years. But for me I keep it up through Three Kings, which is January 6.

When do you take your decorations down?
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • LilbitLilbit
    Egyptian Christmas jan 7th
  • CinnaCinna
    Christmas night I usually start taking things down & continue over the next day or so. I decorate early usually the weekend before Thanksgiving so by Christmas I'm done looking at it.
    Two hearts! Oh baby I'm beating out a samba!
  • CanadianMamaCanadianMama
    This was our first year decorating, but we removed the decorations on New Years day, and I think we'll continue to do, so it worked out fairly well. 

community-manager

• CrashCrash
    We take everything down on January 1st. It gives a wonderfully fresh start to the year.
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • AAA08
    Usually Jan. 6th, but this year Christmas Day since we will be selling the house and moving shortly.
  • MorganD
    We usually take it down on New Years day...but I really love to celebrate Christmas. *sigh* It makes me sad to take the decorations down.
  • missmama5missmama5
    New years day, and then we do a good clean.
  • essgirl
    I would like to take them down boxing day but the kids make me keep them up until the 12th night. So roll on January 5 th lol.
  • bendorbreak bendorbreak
    Growing up it was always three kings day but now its whenever my bf takes the stuff down.
  • GritsGrits
    I dunno...February?? LOL

It really was February last year, but I was pregnant and didn't really give a shit. This year, it's all coming down this coming weekend.
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • mamamaybe
    New year's day for us. Of course, by the time I gather all the stuff i forgot.....maybe the week after.
  • LoveLove
    My momma always told me it was bad luck to leave the Christmas stuff up/out after NY's Day lol
    Regardless, it's just whenever I have the time and inclination to put it away. 
    This year, it was around noon-ish on NYE, but I can remember one year, it was February-ish LOL

community-manager

• momma2A
    Everything was down and cleaned and organized by the 27th afternoon. Can't stand the clutter and my DDs bday is jan 3 so it has to be gone by then in my opinion.
  • DemandaDemanda
    I might put away a few things here and there, but the tree and outdoor lights stay lit until Jan. 6.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket
  • KacerpieKacerpie
    We did (ok, lets be honest.... I did) everything yesterday. This year I wasn't feeling it so it was nice to get back to normal.
    "Please don't talk mom... It makes my brain work..."
  • RosamundiRosamundi
    I LOVE Christmas, I decorate the first week of December and really enjoy it. But it's all down, done, and packed before New Years. I can't stand the clutter any longer than that. :)
  • Lakegirl34
    I was raised it was bad luck to take down the tree before New Year's day, and since I work today and tomorrow, I'll take ours down this weekend. I'm always sad to put it up but happy to rearrange the rooms back to normal!
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    At quitting time on the first day back at work.
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • PurpleFlowersPurpleFlowers
    Took everything down today. I have no rhyme or reason for when I do it. Some years it is Jan 1, others almost Feb.
    Stay away from my chocolate and nobody gets hurt!

I think I like who I am becoming...
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    I love having the tree lights on NYE... but January 1st... I want it all GONE.

This year however, both my ex & I are leaving our trees up until the 8th or 9th.
    Our daughter & her husband couldn't be here ON Christmas (dang Air Force) and they arrive home January 7th.

But, once we do *Christmas* with them... we both agree... it's GONE.
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• sunnymommasunnymomma
    New years day ish. I put it up late and take it down early. no extravagant decorating here, so its fairly quick and easy to undecorate here.
    I am me, and I am loved
  • MegsueMegsue
    Whenever I manage to get around to it, I take the stuff down. It's almost always the first week of January sometime, but not a specific date.
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    Usually the first or second weekend after New years.day. we like looking at all of it. :-)
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • cheesehead4ever
    Take everything done on January 7.
  • KrabbyKay
    I used to always do Three Kings Day, but I just took it all down a few hours ago. I do like LOVE the holidays, but suddenly I wanted it DOWN, so I could CLEAN, and start fresh! Ahhhhh. Feel better now.
  • TheHeadacheslayer
    DS loves the tree so it will probably stay up thru his bday--January 22  :\">

I am pretty sure that one year it was up until MY bday in March lol. After awhile you just forget it's there lol
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    Haha! When we get to it? Probably this weekend. Our first year of marriage we left the Christmas tree up until St. Patrick's day! Oops! LOL
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • pennypenny
    I normally leave it up until the weekend after New Year's, although this year I could have taken it down earlier. I got it all out early, so I've had enough time to look at it, and I'm feeling kind of grinchy this year. But, seeing as I'm sick with the plague, it will wait until I have enough energy to deal with it.
  • sidsmommy3sidsmommy3
    @Shate98 - I agree - although we always called it Little Christmas.  
    Mary :-)

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • KrabbyKay
    *ahem* our tree isn't real (and the kids have a little one in their basement living room), so we just undecorate them and carry them downstairs to the gym side of the basement. They hang out next to the fridge and chest freezer  :D
  • WillileeWillilee
    Huh? I guess it's up to the Elf Who Takes Everything Down. Don't know his schedule.
  • episcopal
    We keep the decorations up at least through Epiphany, which is this Sunday.  DW is off work until Monday and DD heads back to school on Sunday.  We're kind of easing our way back into our regular schedules and routines.
  • Tranquil
    Typically right after Christmas 
  • tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    I take everything down the day after Christmas. Traditionally here in denver decorations stay up til after the stock show leaves town, Jan 27th.
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    I was raised to take all decorations down before New Years day.
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • mamaofboysmamaofboys
    I took the tree down last weekend. Our house is so small that I didn't have room for the new toys and I was sick of the clutter and needles. The rest of the decorations will slowly come down and be put away by the end of the weekend. The only things that stays out are the icicle lights and inflatables because they're pretty much frozen to the ground.
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift; that's why they call it the present.
  • chaosmomchaosmom
    We normally do it around the 1st week or so of the year. I tried taking it down Monday but everyone threw a damn fit so I left it up until today.
  • Katescrazymom
    New years day, or the first weekend of the new year. I keep my snowmen and snow flakes out until late February or early March, though.
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    We decorated christmas eve and i put it away on new years day.. now i have a bare tree in my diningroom... it goes tomorrow to the yard..
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • shate98shate98
    @sidsmommy3 we call it that too.
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • peytonsmama

My tree stays up until the local Boyscouts come and get it! (for a donation of $8 you can leave it out on the curb and they'll pick it up for you)

This coming Saturday is the big day, but everything else has been put away since about New Year's Day (for the 3-4 days prior, I worked on it a little bit at a time, whenever I had a few minutes - mostly inbetween my son's naps or times he was actually playing quietly with his new Christmas toys)

• Matt115
    I took mine down on the 27th. I can't stand the room feeling cluttered, and nothing more to make it feel cluttered than a giant f-in tree.
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    We usually take it down before my birthday (January 18th)... But it is always up for Jan 6th. It was my maternal grandmother's birthday, and she loved Christmas.
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • BnG43BnG43
    Jan 6th  for the 12th day. I'm SO ready to have it done NOW!
  • PrincessPeach
    We usually wait until weekend after New Years Day. It just still feels like Christmas then and it's enough work that we like to enjoy the decorations (they are up for about a month).
    If I don't get a tree up or decorations out by the first weekend of December I don't bother at all.
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    I'm always bummed after we out the decorations away. They always make the house feel more cozy. At least I have things to hang on the holiday palm.
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    And its staying up another week. Fuck it. I still gotta make dinner, dh playing resident evil 6 (ready to snap that disc in 2) and the kids are being heathens today because Im reatricting technology more. Plus I worked this morning, I'm watching my friends little boy, and I got my period this morning.

Oops. Maybe I should've put that on the bitch board.

Oh well. I like the twinkling lights.
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • deviltwinsmommadeviltwinsmomma
    25th of December. Thats when our holidays end. And the sheer torture of dealing with inlaws begins.
    We put up our tree on the fourth of January, no tradition just I enjoy the Christmas lights at night.
    my mother used to sing me a song. It went like this: "Life is short, life is shit, and soon it will be over.
  • SammieSammie
    I had to take it down today. It was just to dry, losing its color, etc. It was time anyway, but I always get the post holiday blues after putting everything away.

community-manager

• pennypenny
    Managed to get our stuff put away today. It still wiped me out, though - I am so ready to be over this whatever the hell I've caught. Poor DS had a nightmare the other night that Grandma had come and taken the tree. We bid it all a fond farewell this afternoon.