Help me pick New Headphones
  • BreakOutQueenBreakOutQueen
    I am overwhelmed with options!! So, I would like to spend $60 or less . I want the ones that cover your ears. I listen to everything under the sun so the bass needs to Kick It but not overwhelm to clarity of the of the music or vocals. I don't care about brands or if its pretty, I just want to get lost and hear my music and Not my kids lol.. Oh and be able to keep them ON my head while I make sad attempts at being a drummer
    :\">

uhh..yeah so if possible, I would like to use my Target giftcards to order:)
  • shate98shate98
    The only good ones I know that cover your ears are by Polk, but those are 350. The big ones are usually pretty expensive. :/
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    I'm asking my audio engineer sound snob DH right now. LOL

Ok... What are you listening to the music with? iPod? iPhone?
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • KellynnKellynn
  • MorganD
    Skullcandy!!!! I just got a brand new pair for Christmas and I LOVE them. I don't really do earbuds, they hurt. But these go around my ear and shut out alot of other noises. :) They are fabulous!!
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    http://www.szmonsterheadphoneshop.com/Monster-Beats-By-Dr-Dre-MLB-Red-Sox-Team-Headphones-g-641.html

These are the ones I want..... but they are a smidge more than $60.
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• episcopal
    Koss is another good brand.  I got my current set at Wal-Mart for a very reasonable price, well within your budget, @BreakOutQueen.  It even has a volume control on the cord which makes raising or lowering the volume even easier.

If you have a store nearby that specializes in audio and video components, they may have headphones you can try out.  That may not be the case with a big box store like Best Buy, but the kind of place you'd find in a mall or a locally owned mom and pop kind of place might let you try on a pair before plunking down any money.

Have fun!
    for my phone or IPOD..Actually we have a pair of KOSS from Walmart and they ARE awesome. The cord is too freaking long though, so it gets caught on stuff and rips out and has messed up the jack.

@MorganD- your BOX thread got me posting this:)

I don't Ever get a chance to go out and try stuff. Damn life.

@MarySunshine- what did your sound geek say?:)

• OUCHOUCH
    I'm an earbud person. I can't stand over the head/ear, they give me headaches and I don't ever get headaches! I have about 6 different pairs of earbuds including blue tooth which I LOVE because I despise wires. The only over the ear type I have are my Sleep Phones, I love those too.

All of the best buy stores in this area have displays that can be tried on.
    "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate." - UNK
    "The amazing thing about life is that you choose what you allow into it, you choose how things affect you, you choose how you react. Happiness is a choice. Make it." - UNK
    "Tattoos don't define the person, the person defines the tattoos." - Me
    “The pain now is part of the happiness then” – CS Lewis
  • CanadianMamaCanadianMama
    I just got my husband awesome wireless headphones for Christmas. They're Sony, they cost around $50 Canadian, and are pretty amazing! They know when they're on and off your head (and when they're around your neck) and turn themselves on and off accordingly. They're over the ear and have volume controls on the headset, AND you can walk around the house and they don't lose the music. 

community-manager

I don't mind earbuds, but they don't seem to cancel out noise enough. I am researching and maybe will go in and try some. I love all the suggestions:)
  • OUCHOUCH
    The Bluetooth ones I got (lg tones) do pretty well at blocking my 2 toddlers and my husband out!
    "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate." - UNK
    "The amazing thing about life is that you choose what you allow into it, you choose how things affect you, you choose how you react. Happiness is a choice. Make it." - UNK
    "Tattoos don't define the person, the person defines the tattoos." - Me
    “The pain now is part of the happiness then” – CS Lewis

IMO, koss are the best cheapie headphones, also they make the only earbuds that ever stayed in while running :). Also I'm always a fan of Sony products

@leopardgirle
    Speaking of KOSS... I came home to this today..... WTF!
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b

• episcopal
    @WDJ, do you have a cat?  This looks like something mine would do.
    I do @episcopal
    But, this was from "Guys, don't leave my headphones on the floor.... "
    "Guys.... stop leaving my headphones on the floor..."
    "Guys.... seriously... one of these days someone is going to break my headphones..."
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b

@WickedDunkieJunkie- That sounds Familiar!!!! I decided this pairthat I buy, will be ONLY MINE. Not sharing:)
    If... no WHEN I get my Red Sox Monster Beats by Dre.... NO ONE would be allowed to touch them.
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b

• MarySunshineMarySunshine
    @breakoutqueen He's being hard to pin down, of course I tried asking while he was cooking dinner the other day. LOL I know Sony makes good earbuds he likes. He said for the brand and cost they're actually pretty good.

He wanted to know how long the cord was that pissing you off, and how long you'd prefer the cord to be. What's your price range?
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
    Actually, I decided $100 or less so I can get what I want. The cord was like 4' so dh can use it to play games while I sleep. I just want one that is long enough to go to music player and in my pocket. BUT - I have never tried wireless. I always hesitate bc if it doesn't cover my ear I feel like it doesn't block out noise as well, and ear buds etc always fall out. I asked for this for Christmas and didn't get it. >:P SO I am going to take my time and get something that will make me Sing Outloud and annoy all the fawkers in the house, and since I won't be able to hear them, I won't CARE LOL!!
    :-\"