the scary cookbook
  • undercoverbanana
    how is it going? are there any categories that need fleshing out? soups? sauces? desserts? cookies? vegetarian/meatless?
    i'm nekkid.
  • CrashCrash
    I've collected 315 or 320 recipes. Now pictures...PICS are what's needed! I have about a dozen. 

If anyone would like to volunteer to test and photograph recipes, please let me know. I'd like the book to be more than just text. 
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • CrashCrash
    And the pictures can be of anything, but they just have to be pictures that *you* have taken. Just to be safe and all. I mean, hell, I could use pics of kraft dinner, top ramen, you name it. Whip out those cameras, ladies!
  • LilbitLilbit
    Ill volunteer! Send me recipes you need pics of!

I go grocery shopping tomorrow so just let me know and ill get whatever I need
  • SchweddyBallsSchweddyBalls
    same here........send recipes and I'll get some pics for you......what's the time frame???
    I'm the nicest person you will ever meet, UNTIL you fuck with me or the betches I love.......
  • undercoverbanana
    I'll start taking pics when I cook.
    i'm nekkid.
  • gramalibbygramalibby
    Me also
  • undercoverbanana
    Who do I fwd the pics to, because I am a moron?
    i'm nekkid.
  • bendorbreak bendorbreak
    I like to make cookies and cakes. To bake in general i guess. Do you need any help with that?
  • CrashCrash
    Me! Thanks, @undercoverbanana. If anyone needs my email address, pm me.
  • CrashCrash
    I'll send you some submitted recipes, @bendorbreak. Actually, I'll send all of you something tomorrow. I hope. Shit it's new year's eve tomorrow. I'll try.
  • undercoverbanana
    I sent some pics to the fabulous and wonderful @lesbomom. She will either send them to you or post them when she gets a chance.
    i'm nekkid.
  • LesboMomLesboMom
    For @undercoverbanana  

chicken baby carrot and broccoli stir fry with oyster sauce

Wonton soup with egg fried rice 

French bread pizza with mama marinara sauce

Cream of chicken soup with cheddar chive drop biscuits

Holiday stuffed fish in pastry

confessional-manager

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. -- Helen Keller
  • km.mamma
    If you send me recipes i will cook and take pics ,no problem
  • undercoverbanana
    big round of applause for the fabulous @lesbomom who puts up with me, and my crap! She is an absolute doll, and I adore her..
    i'm nekkid.
  • CrashCrash
    The fish looks fantastically fishy! Such detail.
  • undercoverbanana
    not that bad, actually. You use the back on a spoon and a butterknife. Not that hard. I only put in that much detail for the pic. I dont normally put that many scales on it. And just put an extra blob of dough where the eyeball goes. Plus, I had dd help me put dough in places I dont normally do it, because she is much better at the presentation thing. Its store bought pie dough. With an extra piece here and there.
    i'm nekkid.
  • undercoverbanana
    i used to cut a slit where the gills went....dont do it. All the juices bubble up there, and you get a soggy spot. Looks like shit. Go ahead and seal the whole thing really tight, no holes poked in it.
    i'm nekkid.
  • TheHeadacheslayer
    @Curious count me in! We're happy to test and photograph recipes!

Just email me headacheslayer@gmail.com
  • CalliopemarieCalliopemarie

big round of applause for the fabulous @lesbomom who puts up with me, and my crap! She is an absolute doll, and I adore her..

I read that as applesauce. lol

• undercoverbanana
    applause and apple sauce for the fabulous and wonderful @lesbomom! glad im not the only dyslexic around here............................(you would not believe the things i misread on billboards.....you would blush....)
    i'm nekkid.
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    I have a couple recipes I know I. have photos for, they're just on the downstairs computer and it's been fucking impossible to get 5 quiet minutes alone to load them up here. We're down a beastie for a couple of days so I can get my ass in gear and upload them.
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • SasafrasSasafras
    I'm in the process of making homemade Mac and cheese with a garlic bread crumb topping :)
  • undercoverbanana
    it's not a food--but would you like a simple recipe for natural medicated healing balm? one version for diaper rash, one version for boo-boo's?
    i'm nekkid.
  • CrashCrash
    Uhm, I think I'll have to pass on that one, @undercoverbanana! Lol. If we can get this cookbook together first, then perhaps we could do something related to homemade detergents, scrubs, lotions, etc etc?
  • undercoverbanana
    Making sure. I just made a batch for dd. In the wintertime, her little hands get so dry And cracked she looks like she has been punching trees.
    i'm nekkid.
  • KacerpieKacerpie
    Let me know what I can do to help! If you want to get me some recipes ill make them and take pictures.
    "Please don't talk mom... It makes my brain work..."
  • CrashCrash
    Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, Tomorrow. You're only a day away. 

Back to a schedule tomorrow....at least until my dd's birthday on friday...mega hockey on the weekend, etc. But I will assign projects to everyone who has posted on this thread for their amusement and hopefully, nomminess, before then!
  • kittykisses80kittykisses80
    I'd love to help but can't afford groceries for a whole week. Slim pickings round 'ere. Lol
    But if you need help with something let me know. I can cook up sone casseroles and deserts next week.
  • PleaseSendPants

These are pretty easy and I will send pics as soon as I can unless someone wants to make them and take pics before I get to it.

Butter Pecan Snowballs with Rum Sauce

Ingredients for snowballs:

Butter Pecan ice Cream

Crushed Pecans

Ingredients for Sauce

1 cup dark Karo syrup

1 cup Brown Sugar

1 cup heavy whipping cream

1/2 stick butter

4-5 tablespoons dark rum

Directions

Make snowball (scoop) sized balls of Butter Pecan ice cream and roll them in crushed pecans. Put on cookie sheet or muffin tins and freeze for later.

When you're ready to serve, boil Karo Syrup and brown sugar for 5 mins

remove from heat, add remaining sauce ingredients and stir until butter melts.

Serve warm over ice cream balls.

**Side note, I have an idea for these that I haven't tried yet.  You could probably make them "tropical" by rolling the ice cream balls in pecans and coconut and using malibu for the rum and topping with whipped cream and cherries (or pineapple).  Or even using coconut ice cream or sorbet mixed with the butter pecan.

• RuralRebellionRuralRebellion
    I'm still down for touching up the pics if they need it!  As long as they aren't *too* blurry, I can hopefully work something out.

I would cook and photograph the recipes myself, but I can't cook.  DH, who is a former chef, might be interested, but it'll take some convincing and a recipe he thinks sounds good lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Most everyone's mad here. You may notice that I'm not all there myself.
  • ChibikoChibiko

I'm still down for touching up the pics if they need it!  As long as they aren't *too* blurry, I can hopefully work something out.

I would cook and photograph the recipes myself, but I can't cook.  DH, who is a former chef, might be interested, but it'll take some convincing and a recipe he thinks sounds good lol

Dh has a degree in Culinary Arts.  Why is it so hard for them to just make something simple?  Alls I want is a pork chop dammit.    Fancy stuff not needed.  @RuralRebellion
    "We all cross over to the dark side at one point. We just all have different temptations" ~MarySunshine

"You were the truth I would rather lose than to have never lain beside at all" ~Death Cab for Cutie
  • CrashCrash
    Ironically, even though I've cooked professionally, I prefer simpler recipes. Probably because one or two pot meals mean less dishes to wash.
  • RuralRebellionRuralRebellion
    Oh DH cooks simple most of the time.  Sometimes he has the urge to "create".  I just meant he was the only one between  us who CAN cook.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Most everyone's mad here. You may notice that I'm not all there myself.
  • KacerpieKacerpie
    I went to culinary school and have worked in food all my life. i am queen crock pot and love simple too. i am not down with lots of dishes.
    "Please don't talk mom... It makes my brain work..."
  • CrashCrash
    I'm sending out assignments now, and over the next couple of days. If you have volunteered, keep an eye on your inbox, and if you'd like to volunteer, then let me know here! Thanks guys!
    Heading out to the store........I'm about to remind fuck knuckle why he likes my cooking.......
    I'm the nicest person you will ever meet, UNTIL you fuck with me or the betches I love.......
    @Curious......reaping the benefits of needed photos.....lol
    Photobucket
  • CrashCrash
    Lol. That is an awesome pic! 
  • angrymama
    @Curious I have a lovely pork recipe just for you.
  • CrashCrash
    I'm not jacking off an uncircumcised dangly balled pork shoulder, @angrymama......not even for you.
  • mommaOf2RottenBoysmommaOf2RottenBoys
    I will cook and take pics, as long as its not fish. So inbox me..
    Life's like an hourglass glued to the table.........
    @Curious did the pics come thru ok????? I've got the butterscotch thingies done and just finished doing the other chicken dish......
  • CrashCrash
    I have got nothing on my end yet. When did you send them? If you sent them and my husband deleted them, I'm going to kick his ass. 
    lol......couple days ago.....from my aol account......i can resend.....no worries
    @Curious resending right now.....crossing my fingers
  • CrashCrash
    Got them this time, thanks! @shweddyballs.
  • undercoverbanana
    BOOYAHZZZ!!!! My dd had to come up with a marinara/pizza/spaghetti sauce asap, Because the new chef doesn't know how to order shit. and she used mine. My recipe. @curious has the recipe, but dd adapted it for massive servings at the hotel. The new hotel sauce is my sauce, and dd got credit for it. Sorry, got no pics, she was working.....my sauce is now the official marinara sauce at the Hilton on NASA rd. 1 in Houston.
    i'm nekkid.
  • undercoverbanana
    She actually listened and watched when she rolled her eyes and bitched about the way I did it......i had no idea she actually listened......
    i'm nekkid.
  • SuperMomx3SuperMomx3
    I can help take pics also, actually PLEASE let me help I don't know how to cook very well. I need reciepes to guide me!!!
  • WinginItWinginIt
    I'm still waiting for my assignment!