My Fitness Pal and healthy recipes
  • KacerpieKacerpie
    I am sure there is a thread on here already about this, so if its a duplicate I'm sorry...

Anyways, I have decided I need to be healthier and loose a few pounds (ok, 30). So, I signed up on MFP and was wondering who the other SM on there were and if they wanted to be accountability partners.

Also, anyone have any healthy recipes they want to post to give me a good start?
    "Please don't talk mom... It makes my brain work..."
  • TorturedbyTWINSTorturedbyTWINS
    I have it but I just started using it a few weeks ago.  I have found eggs are awesome.  They're super filling and not very many calories.  Egg salad sandwiches, hard boiled, scrambled.  No matter how you slice em, eat em because they're good for ya.  

You can also eat a boat load of fruits and veggies and keep your calories low.  I usually eat a kick ass meal once a day and try to stay healthy with veggies and fruits the other two meals.  It's actually working though.  My DH is losing a pound a day (up until Christmas screwed us up!) and I have lost about a pound every other day.   

It's all about awareness.  OH, and coffee is 0 calories and that made my day!  (Creamer is not however, but if you take it easy it's not a big deal)

Any other mommas know healthy recipes that are low cal?  

My fitness pal name is Egyptianmist@gmail.com   Feel free to add me :-D
  • KacerpieKacerpie
    @torturedbytwins- do you have a horse in your pic?

• BeachyBeachy
    Memememe! MFP name is justbeachiekeen. I logged in yesterday for the first time in months! But I am committed to doing this!
    Here's my eating plan so far:
    Oatmeal with walnuts, flaxseed, and berries for breakfast,
    Salad for snack
    Pb&j with string cheese for lunch

Hard boiled egg for second snack?
    8 oz v8
    8 oz cranberry juice
    The rest water (and beer!)
    Dinner is always kinda the same, meat, rice, veggie.
    Searching for my lost shaker of salt.
  • BeachyBeachy
    And my kids can totally eat all this too without making them "diet".
  • fitmommyfitmommy
    My name on MVP is fit and strong mommy all one word look me up
  • KacerpieKacerpie
    @Beachy.... I found you!!!!!! I think my name is Kacerpie. Im really origional.
  • KacerpieKacerpie
    I think I found all three of you ladies... @fitmommy.
  • fitmommyfitmommy
    Awesome
  • AloneOverseasAloneOverseas
    I think I am Lazy Lucee ... But not really sure since I almost never use it. Lol
    I love purple; I love cats. Imagine if cats were purple ...
  • BeachyBeachy
    Lol @aloneoverseas! Appropriate I guess!
  • BeachyBeachy
    There is also a sm weight loss fb page
  • KacerpieKacerpie
    I think I might start a SM group on MFP if thats ok with @scarymommy.
  • KrabbyKay
    OHHHKAAAYYY you people have motivated my LAST NERVE I just joined too. Marshellymallow. Ugh. really? *sigh* OK. I'll do it.
  • KacerpieKacerpie
    AHhhhhhhh @krabbykay (we were 30 shred eating crisp and cookie partners weren't we?) I love the name marshellymallow!
  • ScaryMommyScaryMommy
    @Kacerpie Of course!! (Just don't stop coming here! ;) )
    Beachy said:

Lol @aloneoverseas! Appropriate I guess!

Thank you! ;)

So I had to check. It is. Had to reset my pw though cuz I couldn't remember it! Lol
  • KrabbyKay
    @Kacerpie *sigh* yes, we were. Weight loss tea, cookies, p90x. Uh huh. This could make me aly off the cookies, though. Last time I did something like this (a million ages ago) I actually lost 15#
  • KacerpieKacerpie
    Hehe.... @krabbykay, I sent you a message, along with everyone else that is on it. And when I get back from the store (getting all healthy things) Ill start a SM group (thank you @scarymommy) and I promise I won't stop coming here!
    I tried to add you all...  Had to learn how, so I hope I did it right.  Oh and yes I have a horse in my pic!  Now we can all loose pudge together!  This is before New Year's... so it's not a resolution per say, it's a need for me!
  • CrashCrash
    I wanna add some people to mfp too! I did really awesome for one week solid. No drinking, worked out, my calorie intake was under 1200...and the scale didn't budge. Fucker.
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • KrabbyKay
    @Curious cuz you didn't drink. LOL! I was on WW a long time ago, and I discovered I really needed to rethink my drinking, or join AA, or something, when I found myself deciding if to eat dinner, or have a White Russian because it was the same amount of points!!!!!!
    @Curious it takes a little while, weigh yourself naked, at the same time each day.  

What really sucks is men lose weight faster then women.  My hubby half asses this and is dropping pounds effortlessly.  GURR!!  He did find that he was eating way out of control and is technically obese, so just cutting back for him makes a big difference.   
  • BeachyBeachy
    Listen fucker @curious, it would help if you added your MFP name!
    Hehe, I loves ya, fuckerbitch!
    Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuckitty fuckeriffic fuckbucket, sheesh my ph knows lots of fuck words. Fuck
  • KrabbyKay
    @Beachy fuckerrific =))
  • CrashCrash
    Ah, I'm Curiouserthanmost.
  • KacerpieKacerpie
    Just created the group. Its under Scary Mommy. I tried to invite everyone, if I missed any of you, Im sorry, but come join!
    @curious, @KrabbyKay, @Beachy, @AloneOverseas, @TourturedByTWINS, @Fitmommy
    TA @kacerpie ... I got the email. :)
  • CrashCrash
    Someone want to post the link?
  • LilbitLilbit
    Somebody add me to the group I'm lilbit951
  • usernameusername
    I use mfp every day. Feel free to friend me! I'm Melissajo44
  • WinginItWinginIt
    I made a profile, and joined the group!  Are there recipes on this beast, or what?  I can't cook anything that doesn't require a half pound of butter...
  • KacerpieKacerpie
    @winginit, I haven't been able to find any recipes but if u go to WWW.food.com they have a butt load of recipes and they have them catagorized. If u scroll to the bottom u can pull up healthy ones.
  • horsehotti
    I'm on there as well. Feel free to add me: horsehitti ( should have been horsehotti, dang fat fingers! Lol but it won't let me change it)! My goal is to lose 30-40 lbs.
  • WinginItWinginIt
    LMAO horsehitti..  You can imagine how many times I misread that as horseshitti..  
  • maycausedizziness
    I can't figure out how to find you all but my name is hrambo16. Would love a friend or two!
  • tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    I use WW, MFP is great though!  If you haven't, join our Scaries Losin' It group on FB!  Message me your FB info and I can try to add you.
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    Oh, and skinnytaste.com and cookinglight.com have awesome tips and recipes!! :)
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • KacerpieKacerpie
    @themoonandback, was on ww before my dd8 mo was born and did well. after she was born i signed back up and just couldnt get inspired. i love skinnytaste.com though. her dressings are great.
  • JenInHeels

Okay ladies – I did MFP for a few months last year and lost about 10 pounds but fell off the wagon near the holidays and of course I gained it all back plus 2 pounds.  I decided to get back on this Monday and I think I’ve already lost about 2 pounds but I’m not super sure – I only wanna weigh myself once a week to avoid discouragement.  LOL.  Anyhow, I have been trying to figure out how to get accountability partners for awhile and cant figure it out so I joined the Scary Mommy group just now after I read this post but I still cant figure out how to work it – does it just post your updates and mine to everyone?  Do I have to go to a different page?  Can we message each other?  Please let me know how to work this thing!  MFP I.D. is Iansgal.

• PJSaregreatPJSaregreat
    I can't do mfp on my regular old phone and I don't have internet at home, but I can use fb from it. I sent a request to the fb group. Can I please join? I'm going to start working on losing weight. Actually, somehow even with the holidays, I've lost almost 20 lbs over the last month and I want to keep going. Soo pleeeaasse? :)
  • KrabbyKay
    I'm gonna put on my "PI" hat (read:stalky mcstalkerson) if You People don't get crackin'!!! :D
  • KacerpieKacerpie
    Oooopppps.... I'm bad @krabbykay.
    I'm not on the fB page @pjsaregreat but I @tothemoonandback is.
  • PJSaregreatPJSaregreat
    Oops sorry @kacerpie. I was already accepted into the group. Good luck!
  • KacerpieKacerpie
    Good @pjsaregreat. i need to get my assets in gear.
  • catzfan
    Feel free to add me... I'm Catzfan1
    Bump ... LazyLucee ...
  • catzfan
    Help...can't figure out how to add people! Where my tech savvy mamas at?