What face makeup do you use for wrinkles?
  • GingerLynn

I am in my early 40's and have noticed my liquid foundation just doesn't cover the wrinkles.What foundation do you use? I see lots of different ones at the store but wanna see what you ladies like and use before i buy a new one.

• KrabbyKay
    DOES something cover them??? Waiting... :-\"
  • pennypenny
    I use mineral foundation. I have a weird ridge on my nose that only shows up with liquid, and I'm allergic to most liquid foundations, anyway. Currently I'm using Bare Minerals pressed mineral foundation. It covers well, doesn't seem to settle in lines (I'm 36) and a little goes a long way. Plus, it's not loose powder like a lot of other mineral products, so it's not as messy. Just be sure to get matched at the store. The color on has no resemblance to the color in the compact.
  • KrabbyKay
    What store do you have to go to? One of the retired medics used that and SHE always looked GREAT and swore by it...but she was the only one I ever knew who wore it. I thought maybe she just had blessed genetics!
  • AKimiBAKimiB
    I used to mix a little olay/preparation h/foundation and spread it on my face, and cover ith a little mineral powder.
    I don't know how well that works, or even if it did anything... I was still in my late teens and early early twenties when I still wore makeup regularly. :/
    SMSM_s_5 photo SMSM_s_5_zps5d122d86.jpg
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    I am attempting to age as un-gracefully as possible.
    Screw you wrinkles... stay away...
    I do have a scar on my nose though... I use Revlon ColorStay Whipped.
    It works fabulously. It doesn't settle IN my scar like regular foundation.
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• KrabbyKay
    *sigh* I do think I'm going to have to suck it up buttercup and you know, WEAR PROPER MAKEUP. Used to always just do eyes and sometimes lips. Now, well besides I'm fat, I'm fair and I've been in the blazing sun my entire life, and why does my face always look slapped?!?! *That's* not attractive!! So. Let's see what one does.
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    I buy every anti-aging cleanser crap I can...
    *sigh*
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• pennypenny
    Ulta and Sephora both carry the stuff I use, and there are also stand-alone Bare Escentuals stores that should have it. It's kind of pricey, but it does last a long time.
  • warriormommy3warriormommy3
    i heard the covergirl/olay stuff covers really well..
  • undercoverbanana
    I'm in my forties, too. Exfoliate often with gentle stuff, and I like the bare minerals. It doesn't make me break out, and as long as you keep your brushes clean and use a primer, it blurs fine lines and minimizes your pores.
    i'm nekkid.
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    I'm only going by what I hear, as I don't really wear make up and I could give a Shit less if my wrinkles show, but I think most liquid make up settles in the creases, thereby pronouncing them instead of covering.

My mother swears by bare escentuals. Or however the hell its spelled. And she won't even go out to get the mail without her face on.
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • beachmommybeachmommy
    Finding a great primer to help "fill in the cracks" prior to putting on foundation does wonders.
    My beach is still Sandy....
  • LoveLove

Finding a great primer to help "fill in the cracks" prior to putting on foundation does wonders.

Really?

I seem to be having this problem too! My foundation seems to be starting to make my fine lines show up worse than without it.
    I've tried liquid (MaryKay), cream (the whipped stuff), and powders (Bare Minerals, Airspun) and nothing seems to do the trick.

Is it primer that I'm missing that will make the difference?

community-manager

• CrashCrash
    Yeah I don't even *have* wrinkles, but makeup makes some serious lineage show up. 
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • KrabbyKay

what can you primer with? Wax? Haaaaa hahahaha. I'm going to end up like those who don't go outside without their "face" on.

• beachmommybeachmommy
    @love - I highly recommend it. I use KORRES quercetin & oak age-reversing primer. The stuff is amazing.
  • beachmommybeachmommy
    @krabbykay - primer usually comes in a tube - squeeze a dab on your fingers and blend in lightly like you would a moisturizer. Doesn't take more than 30 seconds. Then just do your foundation like you normally would.
  • LoveLove
    @love - I highly recommend it. I use KORRES quercetin & oak age-reversing primer. The stuff is amazing.

Good Lord, I hope it IS. It better be, at that price LOL

Is that the right one?

community-manager

• beachmommybeachmommy
    Yes - and it lasts a long time too. One tube lasts me well over 6 months. You really don't need much per application, as the stuff blends in like silk.
  • RosamundiRosamundi
    Primer is awesome! I use Bare Minerals primer, foundation, and mineral veil and it WORKS. It is expensive to get started but it lasts a lot longer than liquid does.

@love Primer is like a super lightweight, slightly tinted spackle. It fills in tiny crevices and imperfections and brightens up your complexion. :)
  • LoveLove
    I need to get me some then LOL

community-manager

• BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    Bare Minerals works pretty well, but use a really light touch with it, and an eye shadow brush to put extra where you need it, like to cover freckles or blemishes if you want.
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    BTW, Bare Minerals = Bare Escentuals

And I say a light touch, because if you use too much, even that makes them look worse.  Another thing though that really helps is to make sure your skin is well hydrated (not moisturized).
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • BeachyBeachy
    @beachmommy do you out on moisturizer and then primer and then foundation?
    Searching for my lost shaker of salt.
  • beachmommybeachmommy
    @beachy - well, I am diligent when I comes to trying to keep the wrinkles away... My regiment (after cleansing) includes:

1. Anti-wrinkle eye cream (that I also apply to the corners of my mouth)
    2. Anti-aging serum
    3. Moisturizer
    4. Anti-aging primer
    5. Foundation.
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    You're probably the only one that see them, then, hon!  Try looking for a moisturizer that's high in hyaluronic acid.  This is an essential fatty acid that's normally present in your skin and attracts moisture to it.  They ARE expensive, though you can sometimes find hyaluronic acid serums that are pretty much pure.  I think Sephora has a few of them, but double check the ingredient lists and make sure this is the first ingredient.

I've found that if I spray Evian spray water before, put the hyaluronic acid on, then spray again, before I moisturize my skin feels better (and I'm a hell of a lot older than you! ;)   ).

Also, I love, love, love my Clarisonic!!!
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • GingerLynn

Thanks ladies!! I will be trying a primer.I have noticed that my foundation does seem to bring out the wrinkles more.I have used the same brand of foundation for a good 20 yrs so def gonna try something different.Thanks again for all your help :)

• undercoverbanana
    bare minerals makes a good primer, too. I think I paid fourteen bucks for a tiny little tube last summer, but I still have plenty left.
    i'm nekkid.
  • GingerLynn

Can you buy Bare Minerals at a store or can you only order online? I wear makeup 4-5 days out of the week.Will a primer still last 6 months or so using it that much?

• pennypenny
    You can get Bare Minerals in the store, but you'll have to go to a specialty shop - Sephora, Ulta, or their own store. They'll put some on you to help you choose the right color, too.
  • tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    I bought the Maybelline (sp!?) version of primer to try it, and I love it.  I was very skeptical.. thank you for talking about primer!  The fancy ones are super expensive, this one was just 8 bucks at Walmart.  I have no visible pores!  I had to use like 1/2 the foundation I normally do!  My face looks smooth.

Also, for anyone wanting to try the mineral type foundation, you can get a start up set for 20 bucks on the bare minerals (bare escentuals?) website, I ordered one, I've been wanting to try it out.
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • peach27
    I use Boots products. I've never found anything else that I'm not allergic to. I don't have wrinkles yet, but I've been using their Protect and Perfect serum to help with my fine lines and large nose pores. Most Targets carry their products. 

I would use this underneath your foundation to fill in your wrinkles until the serum helps minimize them. I would then use the Lifting and Firming  foundation on top of the wrinkle filler. I'm sure that other brands have similar products that work well too, but I have such sensitive skin that I only use Boots No7. 
  • SchweddyBallsSchweddyBalls
    I stand by my castor oil!!!!! I will be 40 this march......not a single wrinkle.....not even crows feet!!!!! Hexane free castor oil to wash everynight before bed and then a drop or two around my eys and mouth.....cheep and works like MAGIC!!!!!!
    I'm the nicest person you will ever meet, UNTIL you fuck with me or the betches I love.......
  • gramalibbygramalibby
    Before the make goggle Albolene my mom and now me have used it since then the 40s she died at 92 w beautiful smooth skin :-SS
  • pennypenny
    @SchweddyBalls I use castor oil, too! Though I have to blend it with flax seed oil - it's too drying for me on its own. And yes, my skin looks pretty damn good.
  • GingerLynn
    Castor oil? Who would of thunk it!! I did get a primer and so far i love it! My skin feels so smoothe and i use less foundation.I recieved several comments on how great i looked over the holidays.I will def keep using it.Thanks so much ladies for all your great ideas :)
  • undercoverbanana
    I have bought bare mineral in the make up dept. Of j.c. Penny.
    i'm nekkid.
  • junglezoo
    I am 37 and no wrinkles....a lot of it has to do with looking after my skin for years. Since I was about 13 I've always washed my makeup off (I only wear blush, eyeliner and mascara...mix my foundation with face cream to apply) every night and always moisturize every night and morning when I mix my foundation. Usually use oil of olay. And always a cream with sunscreen.
    Never too late to start nourishing your skin properly.
    I'm going to the zoo zoo zoo. You can come too too too....
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    penny said:

You can get Bare Minerals in the store, but you'll have to go to a specialty shop - Sephora, Ulta, or their own store. They'll put some on you to help you choose the right color, too.

Macy's also carries it.
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • silken
    My problem is not wrinkles but sagging ass face. I am 57 and I do not know if it is age or weight loss. I had gastric bypass and lost 150 pounds so everything sags. Right now I am trying Olay.
  • undercoverbanana
    fairly fast weight loss can make everything saggy...thats why I have been patient with my own fat ass so far. You need a wrap. But on your face and neck, its an iffy thing. Have someone do it professionally once, and then you can duplicate it. The hard part is no sugar, caffeine, alcohol for twenty four hours. I know within twentyfour hours, I am going to need a cup of coffee, and some alcohol, so I do it myself. You live fairly close to me. We should meet. I am doing a double duty product I need honest reviews for. An all natural makeup remover/all lipid moisturizer. And my scrubs are made for sensitive skin. You just need to use them in the shower. @silken
    i'm nekkid.
  • Mumof3boysMumof3boys
    I like clear packing tape. Apply to the edges of the face on either side and pull taught, joining at the back of the head.
    Best sell points, it is available almost anywhere andno need to colour match yiur complexion.
  • TheHeadacheslayer
    I pretty much use primer (Too Faced is my fave) and skip foundation. BUT I just got some fancy BB cream in a subscription box, I'm going to see how that works. Of course the worst area is around my eyes--my eyelids are permanently swollen (WTF?) So I do some night time eye cream.

I did try strivectin-D and I think it does help! It is pricey but a little goes a long way.
  • Mumof3boysMumof3boys
    Primer? Really? Sounds like you're base coating the outside of a house,lol.
  • LoveLove
    OMG you guys! I love you all SO HARD!

I caved and bought some primer, and I swear, it took a good 5 years off the look of my fine lines!

I bought the cheapest kind I could find, after some research on the Google machine that said the primary ingredient in all of them was the same thing (and I just wanted to try some anyway).
    I bought some Hard Candy 'Sheer Envy Perfecting'. It was $7.40 at Walmart. 
    I was debating between it and the Rimmel 001/002 Pro primer (it was $8). The ingredients read exactly the same on both, and the Hard Candy had 1.3 oz versus 1.0 oz in the Rimmel. (This may seem overly thrifty to some, but it matters to me LOL)

This feels amazing!!!! I haven't put any foundation or other makeup on today, just the primer, but I will tomorrow, and report back.

THANK YOU!!!

and also, FWIW, on a makeup forum, I found that people were saying that Monistat makes an anti-chaffing gel (NOTHING to do with yeast infections) and that the primary ingredient in it is the same as in makeup primer, and there were, I shit you not, 17 pages of people talking about this.
    I was going to try it out, but I couldn't find it, and then I found the Hard Candy for super cheap...
    Just thought I'd throw that out there for your FYI lol

community-manager

• BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    I just found an excellent tinted moisturizer!  I got a sample from Sephora by Boscia called B.B. cream.  It stands for Blemish Balm.  Nearly every company makes a version of it, but this stuff is freaking amazing!  It doesn't settle into your wrinkles, it covers up things like I have:  broken capillaries across my nose, it's light weight and has almost maximum sunscreen. And it covers really well for a tinted moisturizer.

I was really surprised I liked it, but I did enough to want to buy some!
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • ProudPalsyMamma
    Can we make 'us' say 'use' the spelling Nazi in me comes out everytime I see this thread lol
  • mrs_rodstewartmrs_rodstewart

Its all about BASE! If your base(SKIN) is shit makeup is going to look shit, no matter how many or how few wrinkles you have!

On my more mature clients I cleanse,tone and moisturise. I dont use primer as the moisturiser acts as a primer and putting 2 layers of that on wont help. I then use a matte cream based foundation with a damp sponge to get in every nook and cranny! I then set it with a powder.  LIGHT on the powder, just a dusting as it will settle in 'creases' and emphasise wrinkles.

Dont use anything with shimmer, especially on the eyes, it draws attention to wrinkles.
    Also match your foundation to your neck, not your cheek. This will give it a flawless match.

:)
    makeup artist. fiance. cat mama.
  • tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    Yay @Love, I had the same experience with primer, thanks to the recommendations on here.  I'm 37, I am FULL of stupid wrinkles, huge pores, you name it.
    I also finally got my little sample pack of Bare Escentuals (sp?) and I was SO hesitant to use it (how can a powder actually cover my broken veins, freckles, uneven tones), but finally today I did, and didn't need a powder dusting over it at all, and barely used any.. and it covered magically.  LOVE it.  Love it so much I thought I would show off a little, and I love that my face isn't caked with tons of liquidy gooey makeup!  Here's a pic in harsh light from this morning (ugh and you can see how blotchy/uneven my skin really is, on my chest.. damn sun):

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • BeerWenchBeerWench
    <-- product junkie<br />
    Smashbox primer - applied with fingertips, patted into deep lines

MAKE-UP-FOR-EVER
    HD Invisible Cover Foundation - applied with brush only in areas needed
    :¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•** She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten**•-:¦:-•:*'""*:• -:¦:-