Pinterest and the NORMAL person
  • LoveLove
    Did anyone see Jill's latest blog post? Of COURSE you did! 
    But in case you didn't, read it here: 
    Pinterest, I hate you. Again.

In all that frustrating funny, (that once again, ended in failure), I began to think over the zillions of times that I had attempted something super awesome (and allegedly simple and easy) from Pinterest, that didn't QUITE turn out with the best of results. 

There have been many.

More than many.

Actually, I've only had about 2 out of a hundred ever turn out WELL lol
    Mostly, it's just crash and burn.

HERE is where we want to hear from you-- Do you have a Pinterest Fail story? Or better yet--photographic evidence of said Fail?

Don't be embarrassed--Share with us!  
    Embrace the Fail, and take your rightful place among the legions of disappointed and frustrated Pinners around the world!

community-manager

• undercoverbanana
    I found a recipe for rye bread....and it turned out so badly, the fucking birds wouldn't eat it. I had two big rye rocks. The ants wouldn't touch it. I ended up raking crumbs out of the backyard.
    i'm nekkid.
  • AKimiBAKimiB
    Lol.
    If only I had the energy and time to describe to you the hundreds of fails.
    Horrible horrendous fails...
    SMSM_s_5 photo SMSM_s_5_zps5d122d86.jpg
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    I haven't had a single Pinterest fail. But the fact that I don't give a flying fuck about Pinterest may have something to do with that. :D
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • ScaryMommyScaryMommy
    Oh, c'mon. I can't be the only one here!!! 
  • Dragonbabyx3Dragonbabyx3
    I made the candy plates last night... turned out awesome...  :P  @Scarymommy I am sure there have been plenty of fails!  lol 
  • Tranquil
    I've tried the easiest stuff and they've turned out ok. I have a bunch of stuff planned for DS bday we'll see how all that turns out lol
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    ^^^what @fatchickonabike said.
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • RuralRebellionRuralRebellion
    Last Christmas I attempted this seemingly simple popsicle stick snowflake door decoration:

Well it was a huge fail.  Like, literally HUGE.  It said to use large sized craft sticks, and when I did, the thing turned out MASSIVE!  I have no idea what kind of door the one in the pic is hanging on, but mine was too big for my door.  But I did have a nice big picture window on the front of the house, so I thought, ok, I'll hang it in the window!  

But I should also mention, the circles at the joints, I think they used small wooden disks.  I didn't have those, so I painstakingly cut out cardboard circles.  Then, when I tried moving or lifting the thing, it kept breaking at the joints (I was using hot glue, what's the problem?)  I gingerly got it all together, painted it, glittered it and waited for it to dry.  Then I carefully pried the newspaper it was on away from the places it stuck from the paint.  I sloooowly lifted it in the air to marvel at my creation.  Finally, after hours of careful preparation, my master piece was complete, in white, sparkling glory.

Then it folds in half.

Fucking in the trash and crack open the wine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Most everyone's mad here. You may notice that I'm not all there myself.
  • kittenkitty00
    image. My candy making days are so over.
  • kittenkitty00
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    Me no stupid...I don't EVEN try!  Unless the Unicorn Poop was also there, then I had a success.  But, no, I avoid Pinterest like the f'g plague!

(and I only abbreviated my expletive because my language the last two days would make @FoulMouthedSailor blush!)
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • deviltwinsmommadeviltwinsmomma
    Im with @BellaBefana I wouldnt even go near a pinterest product. I have too much shit to clean on my own with three kids. Fuck cleaning melted crayon.
    my mother used to sing me a song. It went like this: "Life is short, life is shit, and soon it will be over.
  • Peace
    Pinterest and the NORMAL person

Oxymoron.
  • junglezoo
    Wow my first ever post and it's about pinterest. I must confess that I love pinterest and I've made a handful of things successfully. The only thing that didn't really turn out,like I expected was the slime and the reinforced training pants. They looked great but didn't hold the pee in very well.

So an official "Hi" to everyone! I post all the time in the confessionals but it's nice to finally post here too.
    I'm going to the zoo zoo zoo. You can come too too too....
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    Welcome @junglezoo!
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • GoddessGoddess
    @rebelrebellion, I couldn't read ur damn post bc I kept laughing too hard and I can't read on my phone when my hand is shaking!
  • cheesehead4ever
    Most of the things I've done are recipes and all but one has turned out well. Most of the things I pin are for organizing. My favorite was as simple as storing bobby pins in an old tic tac container.
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    I'm working on that glitter nail tip thing going around. It's been a three day process but I'm almost done. I'll submit it for all of your reviews. LOL
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • RedTiger
    I once tried the thing where you put drops of colored nail polish in warm water (it floats) then dip your finger in it. Its supposed to make an awesome pattern on your nail as pull your finger out. Massive fail! All it did was make a mess!
  • just_kimjust_kim
    I just started a pinterest account last week. Mostly i wanted to collect ecards (the snarky ones) and inspirational sayings. There is no way in hell I'm trying that crafty stuff!
    For a new year resolution, tho, I've already decided I have to limit my time on that site. Between FB, SM & PI my kids have probably forgotten what I even look like. And I'm out of clean clothes cuz I keep saying "just 5 more minutes online & THEN I'll do laundry." As a matter of fact, I said it 20 minutes ago....
  • mamafinmamafin
    What I was trying to do:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And this is what I did:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

SO I laughing so hard he can't breath
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • mamafinmamafin
    Hey! It's baby Jesus & placenta! Can you see it!? :D
    @mamafin :))

I bet they said "Oh it's super easy to do with a ziplock Baggie!"

Get to a craft store and buy one of the squirt bottles from the baking supply aisle, and it will turn out like that. They're not too expensive. :-)

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
    I'm still working on the nails. The bastards started chipping, so Imma taking it all off and starting fresh tonight.

It's a way different thing that Pinterest, but I have the Martha Stewart Cookies app on my "pad pad" as big beastie calls it. I will say so far I'm quite pleased. I've had it for 3 Christmases already and I've found some great cookie recipes.

• mamafinmamafin
    @MarySunshine It actually said that. And the bitch bag exploded! It's like xmas poop!
    @mamafin I've used the ziplock Baggie method in a pinch, and I should know better. It never ends well. I use either the icing bags and tips, disposable icing bags (and tips) or I have a set of squish bottles that you can use your own icing tips with. Love them!
    http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/catalog/product.jsp?productId=13835&categoryCode=BK
    Although I'm sure there are cheaper versions than the Pampered Chef brand.

• WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    Omg @mamafin I just cracked up......
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• KrabbyKay
    My colleague does Pinterest shit all the time, and actually POSTS her shit on there...wtf...I hate her...*nothing* I do ever looks like that! EVER.
  • CrashCrash
    I noticed that the "sock bun" craze has died down. Mostly because it doesn't give you "beach waves"; it gives you "Medusa" hair.
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • KrabbyKay
    I already *have* Medusa hair. I wonder what would happen! Piquing my curiosity isn't often a good thing.
  • CrashCrash
    Probably an Afro from hell, @KrabbyKay.
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    The sock bun isnt for all hair types... it doeant work well on long thick hair.... nope...

wilton disposible icing bags with the tip barely cut out works great for chocolate but my sis told me you gotta work it fast or the chocolate changes consistancy and they will break easy..
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!