Bills before Christmas
  • MerriMomMerriMom
    We've been having to juggle bills since September. I arranged the bills to have them covered with dh's check, so my paycheck would cover groceries, household items, and Christmas gifts and have enough left to go visit family 3 hours away. I thought that I put a credit card bill on the stack for next payday. Whe. I got the money orders to pay bills, I paid that $95 bill without noticing. So after getting everything we needed, I have less than $50 left for our trip. Idk what we can do now.
  • RosamundiRosamundi
    Awww. I'm so sorry. I've done the same kind of thing before, too. It really sucks! If it were me, I'd take my husband's presents and mine (anyone except my kids, too) back and use the refund money to travel on. Or borrow money from family. Which blows. Or just don't go. Plan a trip another time when finances aren't so tight. Sending you soooo much love and hugs. It's going to be ok. <3
  • MerriMomMerriMom
    @Rosamundi Thank you! My dh and I didn't get each other gifts. We didn't buy anything but a toddler bed and stocking stuffers for our dd2. We only got office party gifts for work for $10 each with the check before this one. My parents are giving us a gift card when we get there. We're renewing a loan next week to get at least $75 for the trip.
  • SammieSammie
    I hate when that happens! You're not alone. I've been there, done that too. Sorry it happened so close to the holidays, but it sounds like you have it figured out. That's good news!

community-manager

• MerriMomMerriMom
    @Sammie thank you. My dh is getting overtime this weekend so his next check on the 28th will be good. I hope everything works out.
  • MerriMomMerriMom
    We made it to Enid. Our loan was $67. My dad gave us $500. My parents gave us a $50 Walmart gift card.