Tree toppers
  • LilbitLilbit
    What is on top of your tree?
    My mom have me her star along with a bunch of her decorations. DH doesn't particularly care for it, so we want to find a new that is "ours".
    So what is on your tree, where did you find it and does it have any sentimental value to you?
  • kittykisses80kittykisses80
    A star it has lights. No value to it. Kids thought it was neat and colorful. Lol
  • SnugglePussSnugglePuss
    I have a clear, lighted star I found at the Salvation Army for $2. I prefer older decorations anyway, reminds me of my childhood. It's missing the part that attaches to the tree but I just wrapped wire around it and a branch. Can't even tell! Cha-ching!!
  • pennypenny
    I have a giant bow that I made. We're not religious, so a star or angel is not appealing to us. Although, I saw a weeping angel topper that I am totally in love with on fb the other day.
  • gramalibbygramalibby
    2 small fiber light trees, 1 topped w an angel made eons ago from my now 28 yr old daughter and a tin cut angel on 2 from my now 15 yr old Grand made in 4th grade, priceless
  • gramalibbygramalibby
    Why 2 ?
  • deviantqueendeviantqueen
    I have lighted angels on both of my trees. 1 my mom gave me when I 1st moved out and 1 my grandma had her tree for a long time. Yes I said I have 2 trees:).
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    right now its a star, but I haven't found "that" one yet. My mom has a needlepoint angel that I made YEARS ago, so I may just wait...
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • Lakegirl34
    I have an old time Santa Claus, because he looks cool. I don't remember where I got it.
  • SammieSammie
    @snugglepuss, Ours is a start from the Salvation Army as well. I LOVE scouring the thrift stores for vintage Christmas decorations and I jumped with glee when I found this star. I have a few, but this one is my favorite. I do have Christmas decorations passed down from my Nana that have lots of sentimental value, but no tree topper.

Are you guys looking for something other than a star @lilbit? Or are you just not a fan of this particular star? Pier 1, Target, World Market, TJ Maxx/Marshall's all have awesome Christmas decorations! I saw some killer tree toppers at Target last week.

community-manager

• LLBLLB
    We put a star on top. It's a cheesy cheapo star with no value either sentimental or $$ wise.

I have a gorgeous fiber optic Angel that I would love to put on the tree but I'm too afraid it will fall and smash so I put it on the mantle instead.
    an angel that my great unclerigged up to have lights... except it makes hsr face glow red.. its kinda creepy but im an athiest so itskinda fitting
    dont mistake my kindness for weakness
  • PDXcocoPDXcoco
    Yoda
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    Before dh and children my tree used to be silver, white and blue. I had a lovely modern glad tree topper. I am now the proud owner of a cheesy light up star. We even deck the tree out with colored lights and garland. Not my thing but the dh and kids are happy :)
  • LilbitLilbit
    @pdxcoco I gotta see a pic of yoda!

@sammie yes we are still looking. We went to target and they literally had no tree toppers! I will check out the other places this week. But yes it does have to be a star, per DH that is his 1 "demand" about the tree. Doesn't bother me because I grew up with the star that is up there now. He just doesn't particularly care for this star
  • Dragonbabyx3Dragonbabyx3
    I used to have an old timey Santa... But my kids got ahold of the Santa box and destroyed him :( so I have no clue what we are going to put on our tree. :(
  • LilbitLilbit
    @shouldclean I'm with you on the colored lights...not at ally cup of tea! I fought dh on the white vs colored lights and I won
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    @Lilbit I'm jealous :( I can understand where my DH gets it from. My mother in law had a pink tree one year. As in the fake tree was pink, not just coveted in pink decorations :) so not my thing
  • LilbitLilbit
    Lol my mil was like that too (maybe not as extreme) but DH loves it!
  • SpringSpring
    Our little tiny tree has a small red star topper that doesn't light up. Our big- purely for the 4 year-old tree has no star. In a storage unit in Colorado is a star that lights up and I love it oh so much because it reminds me of my childhood star that my parents have on their tree.
    "Sometimes I question my sanity. Sometimes it replies."
  • SnugglePussSnugglePuss
    @Sammie Same here with the second-hand shopping. I very rarely buy new decorations. They have to have a vintage look for me to consider it. It seems like the newer decorations are so generic and too matchy matchy. I like a big, cluttered mess of different ornaments so people can take their time and really enjoy each piece.
  • forkinthehead
    A hamster with a Santa hat.
  • PurpleFlowersPurpleFlowers
    A beautiful angel
    Stay away from my chocolate and nobody gets hurt!

I think I like who I am becoming...
  • sanitylost
    We have an Angel.  My sister got a new one a few years ago and I loved hers so she gave it to me.  No sentimental value or anything.  Its just pretty and simple.
  • KellynnKellynn
    An angel that dd and I picked out years ago. She still looks really good!
  • KacerpieKacerpie
    I have a hot pink glittery star that I either got at target or big lots.
    "Please don't talk mom... It makes my brain work..."
  • serenitynowserenitynow
    we used to have an angel that my mom gave me when i first had my kids. it was hers and i remember it topping the tree when i was little so it was kinda sentimental. but then in 2008, it was in our basement and we got flooded so everything in the basement got ruined. we now just have a few different stars, one from Target and a couple from the dollar store or something along those lines. but they look pretty.
  • momoffiveteensmomoffiveteens
    I have a Cinderella tree topper that I found at goodwill for like 3 bucks. No sentimental value just got it and put it up for our granddaughter.
  • SaraMommySaraMommy
    We don't have anything on top at this point. We have a skinny artificial tree that seems too weak to hold much. We found a pretty fleur de lis a few years ago but it makes it droop so we don't use it. I would love to find a pretty (and light) star though!
  • shate98shate98
    I have an angel. She's pretty but nothing special. We used to have a stained glass angel when I was younger. The glass caught all of the lights from the tree. It was really beautiful. Unfortunately, she broke. Mom keeps that one in a shoe box, even broken, because of sentimental value. I'm still looking for another tree topper to become "the one".
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • Katescrazymom
    I think ours is supposed to be a snowflake with lights. Or a star, or a Hybred. I was just going for not tacky. Angels are lovely, but I'm not religious. I don't want to make Santa the focus, so it's a star. Or a snowflake. No sentimental value, but I did want something that lights up.
  • undercoverbanana
    one of our puppy's old dead monkeys. her favorite toy is her flying screaming monkey we got at 1/2 price books (same one advertised on extremegeek.com)...and she has old dead monkeys like little girls have old dead barbie dolls. chewed up, dirty, missing limbs, bald spots......
    i'm nekkid.
  • crazybroad
    my kids were so mad that i didnt put up a star but i changed it up and made a big pretty bow with those sparkly pics...it looks so cute!!
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    We have a star we got when we first started living together. I don't remember where we got it, but it's your basic metal star with curlicues and a kind of spiral thing that you put the tree top through. It used to be a kind of dull gold colour, but it kind of disappeared up there, so DH customized it. He spray-glued it, then applied silver glitter and outline the star shape with a tiny string of micro lights. I guarantee it's the only one of its kind!
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • LilbitLilbit
    SaraMommy said:

We don't have anything on top at this point. We have a skinny artificial tree that seems too weak to hold much. We found a pretty fleur de lis a few years ago but it makes it droop so we don't use it. I would love to find a pretty (and light) star though!

I would love to see a pic of this! Fluer de Los is like my signature I even have a tattoo of it
  • SaraMommySaraMommy
    @Lilbit I bought it from Hobby Lobby several years ago because it just caught our eyes, we just need to figure out a way to rig it so we can enjoy it. I love fleur de lis too!!! I have a giant one hanging in my living room! :) I will try to find a pic of the tree topper...
  • LilbitLilbit
    @saramommy this is not good I totally love that and will now probably buy one
  • SaraMommySaraMommy
    @Lilbit it's only $15! :) You were looking to find one that is "yours" so this seems like a perfect fit!!!
  • LilbitLilbit
    Perfect for me but DH won't go for it. LOL see above ^ only demand is a star goes on top, and I have totally done the tree my way, with my ornaments (by default I had ornaments before we got together and he didn't) so I think I can throw him that bone
  • SaraMommySaraMommy
    @Lilbit damn DH. Sounds like you just need to buy him his own tree that he can have his start and colored lights on. lol that's feasible, right?! :P My DH also was partial to colored lights...he lost that fight too.
  • LilbitLilbit
    Lol maybe next year!!!!! @saramommy
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    Silver star with lights :)

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    Tinkerbell! LOL DH is a good sport.
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • theprincessmommytheprincessmommy
    we have a white foam snowflake I decorated and rigged to be a topper (might be duct tape...ssssshhhh)
  • eappleeapple
    We have a star but i really want to find something lovely without religious symbolism. I'm thinking a snowflake like @princessmommy mentioned would be perfect!
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. ~Nietzsche
  • VegantasticVegantastic
    We have a sparkly silver snowflake with a big silver gem in the middle. I absolutely love it! We got it at Zellers about 5 years ago and it replaced the ugly tacky plastic light up star that we bought our first Christmas, when we were on a serious budget lol
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world"
    "Don't Panic"
  • theprincessmommytheprincessmommy
    Yeah we aren't religious either so we replaced the star with the snowflake a few years ago, It originally came about because we have several of those personalized ornaments and we didn't have one with the at the time babies name so I wrote all of our names on it and decorated it with shimmery smaller snowflakes. it's nothing really special but it is ours. 
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    My parents put a stuffed Grinch doll (with Santa outfit) in top of their tree.
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...