NEW, Nag-B-Gone! Removes Nagging Instantly!
  • RuralRebellionRuralRebellion
    There are a ton of little things that my DH does that drive me nuts.  When I bring them up, to me, I'm asking nicely to fix them.  To him, I'm starting an argument.  I know life will go on just fine if these things don't change, so I am trying to do the changing by not bringing them up anymore.  Instead, I can get them off my chest here and avoid being a "nagging wife".

-18 months later, you STILL leaves the dirty diapers OPEN.  It's not hard to bundle them up!
    -Changing the toilet paper roll?  It's as if the world will end if he does it.
    -I am not a pillow!  Stop sleeping on my shoulder in bed, your face is prickly!  Also, you have your OWN pillow, stop trying to steal mine!
    -SOCKS!  God damn socks everywhere!  I call them "sock deposits"
    -If the cat won't stop meowing at you, his food/water bowls are probably empty.  It wouldn't kill you to top them up!
    -Where have all my plastic containers gone?  You SAY you're not forgetting them at work, but the cupboard that was once an avalanche, has dwindled to a trickle.

That's all I can think of for now.  I probably sound like such a complainer listing unimportant things like this, but it's the little things that can get on your nerves over time!

Tell us, what nit-picky things do you have to complain about?  Share them here and make your DH/SO roll their eyes a lot less.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Most everyone's mad here. You may notice that I'm not all there myself.
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    LOL. My husband uses me as a pillow a lot too. It's not always nice and cuddly. 

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • KrabbyKay
    WIPE UP THE COFFEE SPILLS! Lord! Were you born in a barn????
    Pick your underpants out of the bathroom and put them in the laundry!
    Feed the dogs/cats and water the dogs/cats when I'm gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh man I could go on FOREVER

It would be nice to not always be the only person to clean up after the baby.. you always complain about how hes your kid too WELL THEN YOU CLEAN UP AFTER HIM! 
    STOP LEAVING YOUR FUCKING TOOTHPICKS LAYING AROUND! WYATT WILL PUT THEM IN HIS MOUTH AND CHOKE AND DIE >:[
    stop leaving your fucking socks everywhere!
    Im not the only person who eats.. it would be REALLY nice if you would do the dishes without me having to beg you. and do them the day i asked not 5 days later
    the world wont end if youre not an asshole. you can say something nice, i wont judge you i promise :)
    you dont do the cleaning, you dont get to complain about the mess.
    MAKE YOUR OWN FUCKING FOOD ASSHOLE don't sit around waiting til i get home then pester me because "im hungryyyyyy :(" your sad face isnt even cute and is definately not going to make me cook for you because youre too lazy.
    I DONT WANT TO WATCH YOU POOP! SHUT THE DOOR AND STOP TALKING TO ME!
    I heard what just came out of your butt.. pull your pants back up and put it away and away from my face. nooot going to happen
    seriously dude you need to shower EVERY DAY! you are a stinky person and twice a week isnt cutting it. 
    i hate you.  ok thats not a nag but id really like to kick him in the dick and tell him that/
    dont mistake my kindness for weakness
  • BlessieBlessie
    Double post!
  • KiinuKiinu
    The Socks! Socks EVERYWHERE!!! He takes his socks off and leaves them ALL OVER the house; his work boots too (DS3 puts them away if he see's them out lmfao)

Making Ramen in the middle of the night? I don't mind your bowl and spoon in the sink, and I don't mind the pot being left on the stove; but for the love of all that is good in this world PUT THE WRAPPER IN THE TRASH. It's literally less that three feet from the stove to the trash.

There is a basket in every bedroom, Why are your boxers forever behind the door in the bathroom? Why the foot of the bed? when I moved a basket to the end of the bed you put your clothes by the door. do you have a problem with baskets?!

My wallet/car keys/debit card should not be left in the pants you wore yesterday or the center consol of the car. when I get up in the morning and have shit to do I CAN'T FIND THEM! And I have to wake you up which means I will be LATE for whatever it is I'm trying to do. Bring that shit inside and empty your pockets onto the counter/bookshelf/dresser/bathroom sink/coffee table... IDGAF where really as long as it's in the house and not in the pants you wore yesterday.

LOL It looks like "laundry behind the bathroom door" is a man epidemic!  Mine does it too, and we have a VERY tiny bathroom, and I am NOT tiny.  So it gets to the point where I can't open the door wide enough to even get in.  Ok that's slightly exaggerated, but it's still a pain in the ass.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Most everyone's mad here. You may notice that I'm not all there myself.
    OH I thought about another one.

Put the damn car keys in the SAME spot every time you come in!  I don't care where that spot is, but when we are leaving, DD is all bundled, and I ask "are you ready" and you say yes, that is NOT the time to start the search for the car keys.  They are like snowflakes, never the same twice.  Only much less magical and much more aggravating when I'm in a hot winter coat and holding a 25lb toddler ready to exit the house.  I would MAKE a spot for the keys, like a hook or a dish, but I guarantee the keys will never ever be there, unless I was the one to put them there. 
  • BlessieBlessie
    I'm not ready to give up my nagging yet. I still have hope. It's only been 5 years.

• LadyKhanLadyKhan
    My DH also has a ' hide the keys' fetish. He will be unable to find them for over a week and have to borrow mine.
    Stop looking into a fridge full of food and saying we have nothing to eat. Just because I haven't cooked everything and turned it into sandwich form it doesn't mean we have nothing left!
    Please stop peeing on the toilet and leaving it for me to clean up.
    Please stop leaving wet towels on MY side of the bed.
    If you're going to eat in bed at least throw the trash away instead of leaving it where the dogs can get at it.
    Please either do what I ask of you when I ask it or tell me you can't.
    Its easier to do it all myself and keep feeding my resentment.
  • beachmommybeachmommy
    The "Sock Deposits" totally make me think of something dirty....
    My beach is still Sandy....
  • shate98shate98
    your dirty underpants don't belong in the doorway to our bedroom. Put them in the hamper!!!

Stop doing science experiments in our nice glasses and dishes. If you bring a dish/glass into a room other than the kitchen, take it to the kitchen when you are done instead of hiding it in the room and me finding it a month later!

Please stop playing musical pillows. Pick the ones you want and keep them.

Attempt to get your laundry near the laundry room AT LEAST once a year.

Take care of the dog when I'm not home- it's not hard. Let him out, feed him. Don't make the dog wait until I get home to let him out. Maybe that's why he pees on the floor, dontcha think???

If you have to set off a stink bomb, please go in another room or maybe even outside? Seriously, DH has a skunk that lives in his butt.
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • momsaidnomomsaidno
    this is my thing! i complain a lot!!!

- if there is something on the floor do not walk around it. just pick it up. example there was a piece of tissue on the floor right when you walk up the stairs. why did no one pick that shit up for 2 days. i did it finally last night. sometimes i like to see if anyone will ever do it so i will leave it for awhile.

- if dirty clothes hamper is full take it to the washer i don't need you to wash it just take it there, it makes my life easier. 

- if the dog bowl is empty and she is sitting there crying to you fucking feed her. don't tell me the dog is hungry.

- put your dished into the sink. do not leave them on the table.

- push in your chair.

- refill the toilet paper.

- close the shower curtain when your done your shower

- don't ask me if i need help with something when i am almost done?!

- i am not the only person capable of cleaning up dog shit outside there are 5 of us that's ten hands!

- when you wash your hands you do not need to shake them, it isn't a penis no need to shake all over the mirror and the wall.

• KiinuKiinu
    Hahaha, yeah I have that issues with my bathroom being narrow too.. makes the laundry back there a PITA.

@Blessie I'm still going to nag mine XDD
  • SaraMommySaraMommy

"-Where have all my plastic containers gone?  You SAY you're not forgetting them at work, but the cupboard that was once an avalanche, has dwindled to a trickle.  "

SaraMommy:
    It won't let me comment below the quote box. But anyways, this is my DH exactly!!! No telling how many are at work and in his car! Agh!!!

• BlessieBlessie
    I have a tiny bathroom, too. But I gave up fighting the laundry pile in there, so I told everyone laundry goes there and I take it down every night before it gets out of control. Kids do it fine. But I now have husband piles in the bedroom and hall.
    Oh I say this is my way of trying to get it off my chest without nagging, but I will probably continue to nag.  The one thing I complained about that I never actually nag him about is the toilet paper.  That's only because he IS considerate enough to always put the seat down, so I trade one for the other.

Another thing is I really hate that he never rinses his dishes.  He will leave the food to get all hard.  I don't complain about this anymore because he is now the only one who actually does the dishes.  So even though it still bugs me, I really have no right to complain since I am not the one who has to work twice as hard to scrub that shit off lol
  • MegsueMegsue
    http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s405/megsue82/121A411A-D71E-4E56-9A11-32A7ABF656A5-21212-0000154FD04F5021.jpg

This is my nag. But why on earth would I nag about that? 8-| seriously! See that little cupboard down and to the left, that's where the garbage can is. The sink is also just to the left. It has NO dishes in it, so why is there a dirty bowl and spoon on the counter? Close the fucking sugar jar and slide it next to the coffee pot where it belongs. Put the fucking cereal back and the iced tea back in the fridge. Why is this shit so hard????? I could see that counter last night when I went to bed. I can see it every night when I go to bed, and I wake up to this ^^^^
  • missmama5missmama5
    Oh God, I thought my dh was the only man in the world who can't seem to grab the rag from the sink, or the sponge there's even choices, and wipe up the mother loving coffee he spilled all over the counter! That shit stains and then someone has to scrub the counter with baking soda. Ugh! How hard is it to get the coffee IN your cup anyhow?! And the crumbs.....make yourself sandwiches, great, but wipe the fucking crumbs and mayo after!!
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    I got nothin' except y'all are making me glad I'm not married!  :P
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • sunnymommasunnymomma
    well im not married but I still nag!!!! between the teenager and the useless roommate, I got tons of ammo! TP yup im the only one who can change the roll, sweep??? clean anything? crumbs on the counter fucking wipe them up!! and the juice mix! good god the powder is every where!!! sponges are all over the place USE them!!!!!!! the bath tub is constant gross due to roommates job, I put a scrubby in it and ask him to wipe it out. apparently only woman clean. oh and he had the audacity to show me a dirty knife that was put away clean, ask who did the dishes and say oh I figured you'd wanna know about this. Put the dirty knife in the sink and use another one. WTF he has not washed a dish in weeks!!! 
    I am me, and I am loved
  • MorganD
    If I make lunch, HAVE THE DECENCY TO COME HOME TO EAT IT!! We live 5 minutes from campus, it'll take you 10 minutes to eat. Grand total of 20 minutes out of your day that won't kill you or impair your schooling in any way.
    And please, for the love of God, STOP being such a psycho driver just because DS21mos is being a little shit in the back seat. He's almost 2! It's his thing! Just tune it out and drive like a normal person!!
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    I need to ask my husband to come here and vent, I think. I have let things slide sooo much in recent months. I am the guilty party in our house. Seriously. I need a kick in the ass.
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • GritsGrits
    Mine are all about the same as above.

@Megsue, that could be my counter every damn morning. I go to bed before DH almost every night. That is the mess I wake up to. How hard is it (and this goes for EVERYONE in my house) to get the garbage to the can and put xyz box of food back in the cabinet when you're done??

The trash all over is the one that annoys me to no end. NO. END. Empty juice pouches/straws/wrappers, paper towels, diapers rolled up and ready to go, but left for me. I guess that's what I get for Christmas/Birthday is to clean up after everyone. Nice.
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
    Oh I'm sure my hubby has plenty to complain about me.  Another reason why I chose to vent my complaints here instead of to him.  lol
  • KrabbyKay
    @momsaidno OMFG about shaking hands after washing!!! "It's not a penis" LMFAO!!! And yeah!!!
  • mamafinmamafin
    So it's an international thing: socks all over the place and dirty clothes behind the bathroom door.

Also:

when I'm telling you "We will be leaving in 30min" ......GET READY! I took care of DS, our stuff is packed and we are almost out the door. Now it not the time to start looking for socks (Hey, look behind the bathroom door! And I will not wash them if they're not where they're supposed to be. Even your DS 2,5 knows where laundry goes!!) and brush your teeth, look for keys etc.

Don't tell me you'll be home at 5pm when you're going to be here at 7pm.

Take the anti-snoring medicine. For fuck's sake!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • pennypenny
    Put the fucking dishes in the fucking dishwasher. You walk to the sink, RINSE your dishes, and set them on the counter when you KNOW the dishwasher is empty b/c you JUST. EMPTIED. IT. Gah!!
  • DaisyChainDaisyChain

I put a hook next to the front door to hang your keys... stop asking me where they are (i dont even drive) use the damn hook!!!!

You are the one who used the (insert pretty much everything here). put it back where you got it from.

• irishlassirishlass
    Please. Please. When you do the dishes, just do them all. Dont leave me a glass, a cup and a couple of spoons. I appreciate the dishes that you HAVE done, but why not just do them all!??
    "Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
  • momofeveryonemomofeveryone

dh is good for waiting till the last minute to get ready to go.  he works out and takes these protien shakes,that he waits to make untill everyone is bundled and ready to leave. so i have taken to loading the car without him, and in some instances pulling out ofthe spot. one day i will leave him behind. oh his face on that day :)

i want a nap. and some chocolate. who's with me?!
  • KrabbyKay
    DH says "It's time to go". Then he fiddle fucks around for years. The result of this is, everyone ignores him when he says that. Then, whenever HE is finally ready, he starts shouting at and getting pissy with the rest who aren't ready to go.
  • catzfan
    Lord love a duck - look like a nerve has been struck here!  Mine?  All of the above, plus more.  Why is it my husband can find a problem in the tiniest little code of computer programming but can't see the socks he left, the stains in the sink from HIS coffee etc.

gahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    I just love the way DH asks me where something I never use and never touch and have no reason to move is. How the fuck should I know? Yeah, I just decided to go into the garage and move random shit around for the fun of it. And most of the time whatever he's looking for is right under his nose. WTF???
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • the socks are an epidemic!! I have to check in and under the couches when i do laundry! who does that?!
    I am mommy hear me roar!
  • LiquidPeppermintLiquidPeppermint
    I have the sock problem, too!  Even when I think I've got them all, there's ALWAYS one under the coffee table or hiding out in the couch.

--Put your trash in the trash can.  Not in the sink.  If the trash can is too full to put your trash in it, that means it's time to take it out.  Real easy.

--I know it's just asking too much for you to put dishes in the dishwasher.  I won't even ask that.  Put them in the sink, NOT on the counter. 

--When you take off your pants, put them in the bedroom if you think you can wear them again.  If you don't, put them in the laundry room.  Not the middle of the living room floor.

--We're already filthy heathens for eating our dinners in the living room instead of at the table most days.  Is it too much to ask that you remove your plate from the room and put it IN THE SINK?

--You don't need a new cup every time you want milk.  Take the one you're using and RE-FILL it.

--That said, you don't need six cups of milk per night.  You limit my budget; I buy 2 gallons per week.  If you drink those both by Tuesday, there will be dry cereal until Friday.  Further, you're lactose intolerant.  I know you like to fart, but seriously? 

--And about those farts? Yeah, point that in another direction.  And stop pulling the covers over my head when you do it.  That was funny when we were 20.  Not anymore.  You're 47, for God's sake.

--Would it kill you to make the bed once a month?

--Coffee cups don't just disappear.  Bring them home.

God, I'm a bitch. But the thing about me asking nicely, and him thinking it's starting a fight is SO true. 
    I quit doing all the things I used to nag about. And I quit doing the things a 43 year old man should be able to do his own. It's actually funny watching him try to figure it all out. "We don't have any milk! Did you know we're out of milk?! I can't have my cereal!! There's no milk!" I suggested we get a cow. He was not amused.
  • wonderwomanx3
    Ha!! I actually had a 'class' one day for my 2 oldest ds's. I showed them that the lid on the hamper actually OPENS & you can put clothes inside it instead of stacking them on top. They need a refresher every once in a while.
  • GypsyMamaGypsyMama
    Well DH is a software engineer with a techie superiority complex who thinks that all non techies are somewhat less than human. He stands over me when I'm using the credit card machine and frickin tries to reach over me to push the buttons because I'm doing it too slow. Seriously he actually does this All.The.Time so that now after 10 yrs I give him the get the fuck away from me lecture while waiting in line or if he seems over eager I just fricken let him pay. And really....stop interrupting me and finishing my sentences with something that isn't even REMOTELY close to how I had planned to finish it which was based on something that actually happened. Don't slap the bed for emphasis when we are laying in bed talking. Wipe down the friggin sink after you brush your teeth like a rabid wolf with too much toothpaste. If the toothpaste doesn't stay in your mouth and runs down your arm you're using too much friggin toothpaste. Don't backup, download software, update my browser without my consent. Get the fuck away from my computer.
  • LiquidPeppermintLiquidPeppermint
    @007 I'm going to use the cow thing.  We have the milk fight ALL THE TIME.  He says, "If you don't buy it, I won't drink so much.  Why do you need to have milk in the house all the time?" I remind him that we have a 2 year old who drinks it, I cook with it, and it's nice to have with cereal.  He says, then, that I should buy a half-gallon at a time.  Like that would help.  We're SO getting a cow.
  • GrainneGrainne
    When the boys are misbehaving out in public do you really need to tell me like it's a big problem. Do something about it for f's sake don't just tell me about it like its only my job to do something. I can see it too I'm not freaking blind. If you see it so do I. You are a parent also.
  • Mama07Of10Three11Mama07Of10Three11

I hate when my DH is looking for something, stands there like it's going to come to him, then ask me where it is when it's in plain sight.

DH has the sock problem too. Socks everywhere.

DH never washes his hands after he eats. I have ask him to do it.

I had to teach DH how to put a roll of toilet paper on the roll. Even DD5 could do it.

DH always leaves trash and pop bottles in the front seat and floor of his car. So when we go somewhere I always have to clean it out.

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."-Helen Keller
  • ukitty
    Ok, I think most of my nags have addressed above!  LOL  Let's see, I know I have some more:
    -Why in the HELL must you leave 1/2 eaten tupperware containers full of food on the counter when you get up to 'snack' in the middle of the night!!  You've now ruined what was left of said left-overs by letting it sit, opened, on the counter.  99% of the time, that was my lunch for the next day too!
    -When you wash clothes, wash EVERYONE'S !!!  Not just your work uniform!  There are a total of 3 people in this house, we all need clean clothes and your uniform does NOT constitute a full load. 
    -I've collected (from all over the house) all the rest of the laundry you DIDN'T wash, washed it, dried it, and then repeated with the next load of laundry.  You think you can grab one of those laundry baskets and START FOLDING THE DAMN CLOTHES???
    -NO!  I DO NOT want to have sex with you after I've just worked all day at my full time job and then came home to cook and clean and do all the mommy things while you slept.  I'm FUCKING TIRED!!

Wow...I feel a bit better 
  • undercoverbanana

i have spent years trying to get dh and kids to be specific.

"mom, have you seen that book?"  "honey, where's the thing. you know, the thing?" i'm not psychic. and i don't want to be a profiler to narrow it dowm.

i'm nekkid.
  • anonymommy
    @Gingersnap--same here.  I actually asked DH the other night if he felt like he was taking care of 2 kids because, thanks to work, I have been pretty useless at home lately.  Then when he said yes I laughed and laughed and laughed because that's how I feel all.the.time.

Buuuut, I'm gonna go ahead and whine anyway, even though I'm fully aware of how lucky I am and how minor my pet peeves are:

He throws clothes on the floor right outside of the laundry room.  Seriously?  The hamper is just on the other side of the door.

ALL of his clothes come off inside out and balled up.  All of them.  WTF is that?  For a small child learning how to dress themselves, I could see it, but a grown man?

He cannot hit the damn toilet to save himself.  And thinks it's funny.

Trash can jenga.  Just take the shit out.  And he always has to try to stuff a milk jug in there...fills it right up...but we have a trashcan right outside of the door going into the garage just for big stuff like that.
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    @anonymommy - "trash can jenga" perfect! My hubby and I do this from from time-to-time, but we're both guilty. (Though I think he's more guilty that I am.)
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • GypsyMamaGypsyMama
    @undercoverbanana DH is so nonspecific it makes me crazy. And then literally gets upset when I don't read his mind (note I say 'don't read his mind' because he truly believes I CAN and choose not to' WTF? Also not accepting 'I don't know' as the answer when I really do not know.
  • KrabbyKay

I'm just going to have a fit *here*, so I don't have a fit *there*. I don't know if DH is losing it or what, but I'M gonna lose it with this! He *constantly* thinks he either said something to me, and he never did, Or, he thinks I never told him something important, when we just had a GIANT FUCKING discussion about it YESTERDAY!!! How could he have not been listening that whole time! He was interacting and responding and everything! And then he gets mad at me "You really need to tell me this stuff/discuss it with me" What the actual fuck! He also gets mad at me for not "knowing" whatever it was that he "told" me whenever. Does he really live inside his head so much that he has no fucking clue, or is this early dementia, or *what*?? It's driving *me* demented!

He will never EVER entertain the idea that he may not have told me or that we already talked about it...nooooo sir. Whatever HE thinks, IS, and that's the end of it! Thankfully I know I'm not totally lunatic, and it's mostly him forgetting this stuff. Even *I* will entertain the idea it must be me from time to time! Just by the law of averages!

Ugh, I don't know what happened today.  I was missing DH all day while he was working an overtime shift at work, but when he came home I turned into a raging bitch, and everything he did made me want to chop his balls off.  These are the ones that I can think of:

-Chugging his drink, loudly.
    -Driving like a moron to Walmart, cutting someone off in the roundabout (Our stupid city decided to be the roundabout capitol of Canada, so annoying)
    -I'm walking 10 feet in front of you because I want you to keep up with me.  Is it POSSIBLE to go slightly faster than turtle pace?  We know what we came for, we aren't browsing, I'd like to get out of here sometime BEFORE DD's bedtime.
    -Giving DD a piece of banana bread when he knows FULL WELL she is basically allergic to bananas and gets a HORRIDLY painful diaper rash even after drinking a fruit juice with banana in it, and we have no medicated bum cream in the house.

ARGH.  All these things are meaningless, but I just couldn't take it.  The thing that caps it all off is the stupid fucktards at the McD's we went to gave me 10 Chicken McBites when I PAID for 20.  

I think it's because I'm having my first period since IUD insertion, and while it's lighter, it's been lasting waaay longer than normal.  I've gone through nearly a full jumbo box of tampons.  And I'm just SO done.

/end rant.