When does it start????
  • lostinthewindlostinthewind
    So my DD is 9 and I have noticed the last couple of months towards the end of the month or the beginning of the next, she is an emotional wreck!!!!!!! Seriously like crying over daddy rough housing with DS "more" than her. So for all the sm's with older girl's I need to know how old were your girls when they started their periods? I'm pretty sure I was like 10ish, I'm just trying to narrow down how much more time I've got til I'm in full estrogen melt down?
  • MegsueMegsue
    Have you built your bomb shelter yet to hide in? I'd say you had better get on it! I was 9.5-ish when I started. She is within the age range for Aunt Ruby to make an appearance any day now. :-SS
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to keep my sweet baby girl! I've been trying to lie to myself but yeah its not working so well.
  • LLBLLB
    I was between 10 and 11 when mine started.

My niece just turned 10 and she hasn't started yet but I have a feeling it will be starting any day now.
    Seriously this sucks! We've had the talk about it (jic) but I'm just not ready for it to be real. The worst thing is our cycles have synched emotionally at least. I have my wonderful mirena so no physical cycle but the emotional one for sure
  • mommyof2_76
    I was 15. My sister was 8.
  • LilyByTheSeaLilyByTheSea
    Augh! Don't say 8! Mine is the same way... I'm not ready for this.
  • OUCHOUCH
    My mom was 12, I was 12 and so were my oldest two daughters. A friends daughter was 10. My next daughter in line is 11. She knows to be prepared for it.
    The bitchyness though started years ago, I think she was 5 or 6. I could track it, it was at about the same time monthly and lasted just short of a week.
    "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate." - UNK
    "The amazing thing about life is that you choose what you allow into it, you choose how things affect you, you choose how you react. Happiness is a choice. Make it." - UNK
    "Tattoos don't define the person, the person defines the tattoos." - Me
    “The pain now is part of the happiness then” – CS Lewis
  • OxiMOMOxiMOM
    I was 8
  • StarsStars
    I was 12.5 but some of my friends started at 9 and 10.  She's definitely in the age range. I'd say sooner rather than later for your baby girl :( big hugs 
    apsycho

• missmama5missmama5
    I think I was 12.
  • Dragonbabyx3Dragonbabyx3
    I was 13. My friends dd was 11. Omg... My dd is 7... I haven't even had the talk with her... Although it seems we've actually talked about every other taboo subject! Sigh
  • PJSaregreatPJSaregreat
    I was 12, but I remember some friends were around 10.

Btw, this thread makes me glad I have all boys. This subject never even crossed my mind way back when I was hoping for a girl, lol.
  • RuralRebellionRuralRebellion
    Jesus Christ.... 8 and 9????  No wonder girls are also being meaner and doing sexual things earlier these days.  I was like 12 or 13 when I got my period.  If I remember correctly my cousin was around the same.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Most everyone's mad here. You may notice that I'm not all there myself.
  • GritsGrits
    I was 11 when I started. But I think DD is well on her way. She's almost 9, and her little tatas have sprouted already. So, yeah. We do the bitchy, moody thing, too. It's totally heinous!
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • kittykisses80kittykisses80
    I just turned 13. Hoping for a few more years for dd11. Not ready for her to be even worse than she is now.
  • sunnymommasunnymomma
    DD was 12 but the moodyness and bitchyness horemones going nuts started a year before her period came, shes 15 now and its kicked into high gear!!!! Ive learned to bring home chocolate and other assorted treats around the week before she is due. Last week I brought home all sorts of goodies including a bacon cheese burger(I dont eat or cook red meat) you would have thought I gave her a million bazillion dollars and the moon!!! her bed was covered in junk food and I served her cheese burger in bed. I felt like I was feeding a caged animal trying to become its friend and not get eaten alive! hahaha hang in there momma! 
    I am me, and I am loved
  • AAA08
    I was 13 and so were my mom and sister. However, things definitely got emotional and weird when I was about  9 or 10. Some of my friends started that early.
  • Mommyliciousx4Mommyliciousx4
    Dd9 got hers over the summer.
    Dd13 12.
    :-(
    Ok so I need to know all the tricks I haven't truly cycled since getting my first mirena almost 10 years ago. Therefore I don't do the whole cravings thing, what are things to keep on stock, where are the good places for myself, Dh and DS to go hide as well?
  • DaisyChainDaisyChain

i was 15.. my mum was about the same (unlucky for her she got pregnant with me straight after!) ..

Tissues! lots and lots of tissues is a good idea :P

• Thefinder
    I was 14.  Older sister was 12 or 13 and little sister was 11??
  • Mommyliciousx4Mommyliciousx4
    For me its chocolate and my fav soda.
    For your dd id suggest her fav candy and comfort foods.
    Midol and tylenol.
  • BlessieBlessie
    I was 11, but my parents spent almost a year before taking me to the doctor to figure out what the horrible stomach pains I kept having were (cramps). Sign of things to come. I was an early bloomer, my mom was not.
  • ProudPalsyMamma
    I was 8 when I started mine.........it sucked
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    8? 9? Omg! Dd is 8!!! Noooooo she's still too little for this Shit! I was almost 15 ffs! Ugh. :-(
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    I was 11.. my sisters were 12 my mom 13 my neices were all 10... my poor youngest neice go hers for xhristmas while on visitation with my dumb ass brother.. lucly i had pads in my backpack and took her to the store and let her pick out what she needed and a special im a woman treat. thank god kotex U had just came out she was emarrassed by all the pink packaging and kotex u has a teen starter kit with a variety of panty liners and pads in all absorbancies and sized and the little goth girl loves the black and neon colors... i guess my goth years wore off on her since i was raising her for 4 years..
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • undercoverbanana
    hate to tell you this, but they start with hypersensitivity and mood swings a couple years before puberty. she's being a girl......prepubescence isn't that great, either...............
    i'm nekkid.
  • LiquidPeppermintLiquidPeppermint
    Generally, a girl will start at around the same time that her biological mother started.  I was three days short of the EXACT age my mother was (almost 11 1/2), and my sister was, too.  So if you started about ten, that's when you should probably expect your daughter to start. 

I was such a bitch and emotional wreck every month for six months before my period, Mom took me to the doctor to see if I needed meds.  I didn't.  Apparently, that's completely normal (or was in 1985.)
  • 1edieb
    Okay so give me signs to look for...my DD was adopted internationally and we have no clue who her bio mom was.  My Dd is 8, the size of a 5 1/2 year old and she is my first and one and only child.  I myself was a VERY late bloomer and started at 16/17...somewhere around there.  HELP mommies who are BTDT!!!
  • KrabbyKay
    I was 11. DD is 11 damn near 12 and she hasn't started yet, but OMFG??? Could she just start already so we can have a few days break from this endless Godless pmsey shit???? She has kinda sizy boobage for her age I think, but no one in my family is a slouch in the knockers department (err, well, they aren't "slouches" till later, that is...), and she has needed deodorant and pit shaving since forever. So annnnyyyy TIIIIIIIIME now!!!! I had The Talk when she was 10 just in case, and we've had supplies on hand since then, and she carries them to school with her. 
  • LargeMargeSentMe
    1edieb, I've read that it's tied to weight and percentage of body fat so if she's tiny for her age you probably have a little reprieve. I would still give her the facts early in any case because at least a couple of her friends will likely be going though it soon.

I got mine the day after my 13th birthday. My mom and sister also got theirs at 13 but my sister's girls got it at about 11.

• stinkersmommystinkersmommy
    I was 9 but my sister was 15 and mom was 13 so good Luck!!