facebook swap/buy/sell/trade
  • regpregp
    I am a member of several buy/sell/trade groups on facebook. I post stuff there and sell it and I also buy stuff too. But the main thing I do is laugh my head off at the things people say and do!

I can't laugh at them on fb because some of them are friends or friends of friends. WHY can't people spell? Why do they demand that people buy their item?? Why do they get in a big snit when they post something they are selling and another user calls them out and says it was a donated item?? Oh, the LOL's. Seriously. 

Now I'm off to see what's for sail today that HAS to go today! Buy it now or it's going to the scrapyard!
    The only thing saving you from me is Jesus.
  • SalllyWingo
    lmfao.  My BIGGEST pet peeve is incorrect spelling.  
  • regpregp
    I hate it too @soupermom. I just took a look and someone is selling a truck...and someone asked "is it a deasel".  =))
  • RuralRebellionRuralRebellion
    LOL I actually admin a group like that with nearly 2000 members.  I am annoyed on a daily basis.  Especially when people PM me with lame petty complaints about someone else, or accuse me of playing favourites when it comes to the rules (which I definitely do NOT).  I'm a dictator in there and some people get awfully whiny. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Most everyone's mad here. You may notice that I'm not all there myself.
  • regpregp
    @ruralrebellion, Do you admin the main group I'm in? LOL
    Wait, I just checked and there are 11,600 members in that group! wow, that's half the population of the town. 
    People whine and gripe so much, it's amazing to me. I don't know how you put up with it.
  • SalllyWingo
    Whiny people suck too @RuralRebellion.

btw @regp - that is why I would prefer to skip some people's threads like @onetime said.....lol
  • GritsGrits
    OMG! I'm on a couple of those, too. There is one person in particular that I'm not sure even knows how to spell his name. It's that bad. How the hell is someone even supposed to know what you're saying if the spelling is that butchered?? I'm not going to come down on anyone for a common error, but some of this stuff has you wondering how these people made it past the third grade!
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • regpregp
    @soupermom I don't skip anyone's threads on purpose but I'm not going to lie, if it's a looooong post with no paragraph breaks, I'm out.
  • regpregp
    @grits, EXACTLY!!

I HATE no paragraph breaks!  If I decide to read it and lose my place while scrolling, I'm fucked!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Most everyone's mad here. You may notice that I'm not all there myself.
  • regpregp
    @grits, I was looking up an example for you but couldn't find it...she misspelled almost every single word in the post. I used the search on the group page to find it by searching for the word "desprate". I got way too many hits!
    @ruralrebellion, exactly. If I can't find my place then I can't read it and I just don't have the patience for it.
  • regpregp
    I also love it when they want to trade some totally random item for the item that is for sale.
    Or, when you post the price and 15 people ask "price?" just to get in line for the item. OR when you post 4 pictures of a pair of jeans but someone wants you to text the pics to them?? 
  • regpregp
    HAHAHA Oh MY! I'm at home sick today and is it obvious what I'm doing?
    Anyway, some chick just posted what is obviously supposed to be her status update onto the swap page.
  • regpregp
    Seller : "I'm saling this car"
    Comment: Did this sale yet?

• SalllyWingo
    I hate when you post something, then you get the "is this still for sale" Uh yeah, that's why it's still up - for sale.... arg
  • regpregp
    Seller: "50$ obo. Nothing less than 40$"
  • regpregp
    @soupermom Did you sale that?  =))
  • regpregp
    Also love how the swap pages have been overrun lately with the iphone socket/cord/car charger sets. You can order them online for less than $3 each if you buy them in lots and people are reselling them for $10 each set.
  • regpregp
    Never mind me, this thread is mostly just me entertaining myself!

WHO buys food on these swap pages?? YUCK.

Today's other nasty item: used foot bath.
    That is like THE most disgusting thing.  I'd rather buy food than a used foot bath.
  • regpregp
    @ruralrebellion I'm shocked pretty regularly by what people will try to sell. "Used mattress, a few stains, torn on the side $30"  :O
  • regpregp
    There's currently a fight brewing about who was in line for an item...glad I'm not an admin! 
  • SalllyWingo
    lmfao.  Desperate people or what!  What are they fighting over?  NASCAR memorabilia? lmfao
  • regpregp
    LOL @soupermom They are fighting over a wedding band. This one: 
    She wants $30 for the men's ring. Not my thing, but they are lining up for it.
  • SalllyWingo
    I think they're kinda ugly @regp!  Have they been worn previously?
  • GritsGrits
    From my local yard sale page:

I HAVE 2 MICHAEL JACKSON BOBEL HEAD 4 SALE,INBOX ME

From a page admin:

ALL
    (ADDS) ARE TO BE LISTED WITH COUNTY OR LOCATION STARTING NOW ANY POSTS
    THATS DOES NOT LIST THE COUNTY YOU LIVE IN WILL BE DELETED STARTING
    AFTER THIS WARNING POST!!!!!!!YOU BETTER READ THIS WARNING!!!

And you should see that same admin's posting of the rules...all caps, no punctuation. Hardest shit I ever attempted to read. Ridiculous.

"I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • momoffiveteensmomoffiveteens
    I wish they had one of those in my area. Maybe I should move to a big city. 
  • BeachyBeachy
    I belong to a shit load of those groups too. It's the obo that kills me!
    $50 or OBO
    (Redundant) but then...
    I'll give you $20
    Nope, $50 or obo

Uhh yeah that was the best offer.

I don't think people know what it means.
    I also HATE hmu.
    Searching for my lost shaker of salt.
  • regpregp
    @soupermom, I'm not sure. I'm just sure I don't want them! The one lady that was being nice on that post got a sweet message from me letting her know she could get it elsewhere online for a third of what they are asking.  :-\"

LOL @ grits BOBEL HEADS

@momoffiveteens I live in a pretty rural area so it's a county-wide group. Start one up! 

@beachy YES the OBO but really don't offer me anything less! Guess they don't know what OBO means. hahahaha hmu

I found the ad I was looking for...I misspelled her misspelling of desperate.
    What she actually posted is:
    "singel mother with 13 yeard girl looking for affodable place to live. don't smoke or do any kind of drughs' drinik only socially. desprititly need decent place." 
    I think she mus have been out being social when she posted that. LOL
  • RedTiger

My county has about 10 of those fb groups! It started as one or two then branched off into catagories (kids stuff, auto, clothing, pets, hunting, etc) and now a new general page has been started because the old ones werent being moderated at all. There's so much arguing and drama that its unreal.

I dont understand people posting their phone numbers on there (or Craigslist). Dh did that once and we got a bunch of prank calls. I would rather deal with people via pm first then give them my number if they are serious.

Dh recently had problems with people he bought a laptop from when he tried to resale it. He bought it for $60 because it didnt work but he got parts and fixed it and tried to resale it for $150. He couldnt get them to understand he fixed it, they thought he was scamming people.

We have people who cant spell either. I know some are posting from a cell phone and trying to fit everything in one post but yeah some people I wonder about. It doesnt matter how much info you put on a post people will still ask for the same info.

The ones that irriate me the most are the ones who have a bunch of stuff and instead of making a list of what they have and an album of pictures the make a separte post for every single item which takes up like 2 or 3 pages. I skip those.

I dont think we have had anyone try to sell food just unused cans of baby formula. Im sure its coming.

I could go on for hours. lol.

@momoffiveteens if you have a fb account you can start one yourself and invite your friends and family to join then they invite people they know who invites people they know.

• cheesehead4ever
    I belong to one of those groups also its county wide and pretty spread out. What I don't understand are the people selling items for $1-5. These people travel to either buy or sell. Is it really worth their time and money to travel ten miles to sell an item for $3? Especially when they could donate that item to charity and probably claim three times that value. I m not going to list anything on that site unless the sale is worth my time.
  • regpregp
    @redtiger, You'll see food for sale eventually. I've seen tamales, fudge, some kind of latke or cookie or something IDK it was an ethnic food, green bean casserole (???), etc. And people selling cakes but if I post my scentsy stuff, they tell me to go to the ad page? 

@cheesehead4ever yes! I'll drive 5 miles to sell you one item for $1. Uh, no. I just do not get that.
  • Ashdawn684Ashdawn684
    I got burned once and now I am really skeptical, I bought some DVD players for the car two that hookup together, the add said they were almost new the picture online was great, it obviously wasn't a picture of the DVD players I got which she showed up late and in all honesty I didn't look I was in a hurry to get home and I didn't check them out like I should have. Got home pulled them out of the bag and gross!! There was dried food pieces and finger prints nasty!! They worked for 5 mins and crapped out, now all you get is a blue screen. I was not the only one she had done that too, she has been banned from the sites now I made a huge ordeal about it
    ~Live life to the fullest, or die trying~
  • regpregp
    @ashdawn684 I got burned too and it was one of my actual IRL friends! I posted a pair of expensive jeans that had never been worn (too tight on me). She said she wanted to try them on but I was headed out of town. So, I left them out for her at my house, she picked them up and texted me later that she loved them, that she would drop a check in the mail to me or bring it by my office. That was cool with me so I didn't give it another thought until I got home one day and found the jeans on my front porch, still dirty from her wearing them! I guess friendship is worth $40.
  • Ashdawn684Ashdawn684
    I was so pissed one because she took my money knowing full well the fuckers didn't work right, two because dd was all excited now they are just a heap in the closet (I'm hoping someone can fix them?) the admin did all she could kudos to her, she found out she worked at the Salvation Army and was stealing stuff as it came in such as purses and the nice DVD players I bought then selling them on the barter and trade place, telling people like new even the purses said smoke free and pet free which was a lie she is banned from all of them in the area
    ~Live life to the fullest, or die trying~
  • regpregp
    @ashdawn384 That happened to a family on the swap here and I really felt for them. They bought two phones and tried to activate them on their own account within 15 minutes of meeting the seller to pick them up. They couldn't be activated because the account was cancelled for non-payment. They called and sent texts to the sellers less than 30 minutes after buying the phones and the people would not return any of their calls. To my knowledge, they never did respond even after they had been outed on fb. 

Today, people are fighting over Christmas decor. Tis the season to be jolly! LOL